Gators entering draft; Cleveland, Jefferson, Perine, Zuniga staying

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The issue is that RBs tend to have short shelve lives in the NFL, so these guys often leave early and get the money while they can. I don't think these either would raise their draft stock considerably enough to make up for the year of missed earnings.

I disagree with Perine not being able to raise his stock by coming back. In normal years, I think he is a 3rd to 4th round guy. This RB class could push him to 6-7th round. It is that loaded. Experts say it is the deepest in years. It wouldn't be that way next draft class.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do players ever consider coming back just so they can have a kick-ass year with their teammates and win some damn games? I would think playing college football is a blast, especially when you're winning. These guys get treated like royalty on campus, you only get to do it once and you can never go back. It seems like the money is always more important now, which makes sense if you are going in the first two rounds or so. But these days we have guys leaving early that are 5th to 7th round picks, and a whole bunch that go undrafted. I don't get it and never will. We've seen damn KICKERS leave early....it's mind boggling. Is playing college football that bad?

I absolutely think Perine could improve his stock by coming back next year and kicking some ass, which I would expect him to do. He's a 5th to 7th round pick right now in my opinion - there are about 200 running backs in the draft this year.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Do players ever consider coming back just so they can have a kick-ass year with their teammates and win some damn games? I would think playing college football is a blast, especially when you're winning. These guys get treated like royalty on campus, you only get to do it once and you can never go back. It seems like the money is always more important now, which makes sense if you are going in the first two rounds or so. But these days we have guys leaving early that are 5th to 7th round picks, and a whole bunch that go undrafted. I don't get it and never will. We seem damn KICKERS leave early....it's mind boggling. Is playing college football that bad?

I absolutely think Perine could improve his stock by coming back next year and kicking some ass, which I would expect him to do. He's a 5th to 7th round pick right now in my opinion - there are about 200 running backs in the draft this year.
Ugly had a bunch come back for there senior year in 2017, most notably Chubb and MIchel. Came pretty close to getting a ring (well within at least one blown coverage).

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
No disrespect to Scarlett (who had a good season in his own right), but Perine was our best back.

Would have definitely understood it had he left: but love that he's coming back. Having a stacked backfield greatly helped us this year and will make us that much more dangerous next year too.

Can't wait to see him house one vs f$u in the Swamp next year.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Featured back. Great for us and him.
Depending on how things go, and how much Mullen trusts Pierce with blocking and catching out of the backfield I can definitely see Perine with 12-1300 yards on the ground next year. 1500 all purpose.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Easily my favorite Gator. I not sure what Perine did to become faster, stronger and quicker, but the older David Reese better follow his every footstep if he wants to take the leap to the next level.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really excited for perine returning. Looks like all we are waiting on is Jabari at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator