Gators remain on track

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Some fans are happy with 10 wins and a New Year's Bowl Game. More power to them. I am not.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On track to do what? We are told that we would never get the recruiting going until the results on the field improve.
Exactly. You can't criticize this coach bc he doesn't have the talent to win, and he can't recruit bc he wasnt won enough.

Which follows the "you can't criticize his record at Cowbell because he didn't have talent there."

Laughable.

The fact is I think some people just LOVE losing. It shows what true fans they are to cheer for decade after decade of joke coaches.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think a whole bunch of you are drunk as hell. If we were killing it on the recruiting trail, I would absolutely agree. We are not. Hence, how can anyone possibly say we are on an upward trajectory?
Exactly. I said it last year and feel the same way.

I know this guy is a mediocre coach with a record of losing to every team with more talent and being 50/50 to teams with similar talent. I said all I cared about was recruiting bc we need three top 4 or so classes to be elite again.

He isn't building shyt. What happens when these WRs leave and we are stuck with Weston and Marks, guys who couldn't beat HS CBs but who impressed us with their blocking, and whatever plan Z running back we get this year.

I don't know whether it is more embarassing that he is recruiting like Butters when Butters didn't even try.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On track for what? Another 3rd place East finish?

Butters took over the East his first two seasons and Butters wiped the floor with the Butt Sniffers his first 2 seasons.
Uh, oh. The 0-10-1 Herd is hunting your ass now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you happy with second to third place in the east every year? Because we sure are not doing anything to improve on that record.
Well, they prefer something more like 0-10-1 but it's hard to achieve these days.

3rd in the east will do though. It proves true fanhood.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Some fans are happy with 10 wins and a New Year's Bowl Game. More power to them. I am not.
The site doesn't make enough money unless we are Bama level dominating everyone, all the time. You're either first or you might as well be last. Broke ass, cheap ass, suck ass Gators.

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
I get being pissed off about the garbage display yesterday, but the last couple pages here are filled with the whiniest $hit I’ve ever read. Holy $hit I’m glad I wasn’t on this board for the last coach and his shark fu@%ing dumpster fire, because I’m sure several of you had to have had heart failure and that would have sucked to watch. It’s year fu@%ing 2. Marine is 100% correct. Things are improving. Of course recruiting sucks. Of course $hit needs to be fixed. But get some friggin perspective. We lost - yeah I get it, it was ugly - by 7 motherfu@%ing points in a game that would have put us right in the CFP discussion. Damn, some of you fu@%ers are miserable.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
On track to do as I had predicted...10-3 or 11-2. Some may have had us undefeated this year...I expected 2-3 losses. I’m just not as shocked at a 2 loss season as most are.

When you say "on track", everyone conjures up the idea that we are on track to getting back to competing and winning a national championship, not necessarily this year, but in coming years. No body is thinking "we are on track of what Marine1's expectations are". Yesterday was our chance to seriously shake up the east on our way to improve recruiting and be relevant again and we failed miserably. Its not that we lost, it's how we lost. Our recruiting is stagnant, staying 5th or 6th in the SEC after Bama, LSU, UGA, A&M +/- Auburn.

I really wouldn't mind this start if we have been getting top 3 classes in the SEC, but we aren't. So the only thing we are on track to do is second finish in the east and at best a NY6 bowl game. Not just this year, but for the foreseeable future. Sooner or later, UGA will get a championship out of sheer luck because they bring in 5+ 5 stars a year, and a decade or two from now, @ss sniffers will be saying "2008".

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I get being pissed off about the garbage display yesterday, but the last couple pages here are filled with the whiniest $hit I’ve ever read. Holy $hit I’m glad I wasn’t on this board for the last coach and his shark fu@%ing dumpster fire, because I’m sure several of you had to have had heart failure and that would have sucked to watch. It’s year fu@%ing 2. Marine is 100% correct. Things are improving. Of course recruiting sucks. Of course $hit needs to be fixed. But get some friggin perspective. We lost - yeah I get it, it was ugly - by 7 motherfu@%ing points in a game that would have put us right in the CFP discussion. Damn, some of you fu@%ers are miserable.
Couldn't agree more. Sometimes, I'm ashamed of myself for hanging out with us.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We ain't on track for shcit. Every thing ain't ok. Yeah we look better but we're still going 9-3 like we did with butters. We owned Georgia with butters and couldn't beat fsu. Now we've freakin just traded rivals we couldn't beat. And we're recruiting the same. Next year its beat Georgia and get to Atlanta or bust. It's time to quit blaming previous coaches and lost decades.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
We ain't on track for shcit. Every thing ain't ok. Yeah we look better but we're still going 9-3 like we did with butters. We owned Georgia with butters and couldn't beat fsu. Now we've freakin just traded rivals we couldn't beat. And we're recruiting the same. Next year its beat Georgia and get to Atlanta or bust. It's time to quit blaming previous coaches and lost decades.
Agreed. Next year is Trask's senior year with a loaded receiving corps. Put up or shut up time.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When you say "on track", everyone conjures up the idea that we are on track to getting back to competing and winning a national championship, not necessarily this year, but in coming years. No body is thinking "we are on track of what Marine1's expectations are". Yesterday was our chance to seriously shake up the east on our way to improve recruiting and be relevant again and we failed miserably. Its not that we lost, it's how we lost. Our recruiting is stagnant, staying 5th or 6th in the SEC after Bama, LSU, UGA, A&M +/- Auburn.

I really wouldn't mind this start if we have been getting top 3 classes in the SEC, but we aren't. So the only thing we are on track to do is second finish in the east and at best a NY6 bowl game. Not just this year, but for the foreseeable future. Sooner or later, UGA will get a championship out of sheer luck because they bring in 5+ 5 stars a year, and a decade or two from now, @ss sniffers will be saying "2008".

+10000000

Remain on track...in Marine1land not Gatorland. Reading TOS I've never seen so much ok with losing to UGA in my life. And don't you dare say a word about the staff...not a one. They are doing their very best. Which may be entirely true.

We are a long ways away from winning the East let alone the SEC or a natty. Don't let the score fool you.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Exactly. I said it last year and feel the same way.

I know this guy is a mediocre coach with a record of losing to every team with more talent and being 50/50 to teams with similar talent. I said all I cared about was recruiting bc we need three top 4 or so classes to be elite again.

He isn't building shyt. What happens when these WRs leave and we are stuck with Weston and Marks, guys who couldn't beat HS CBs but who impressed us with their blocking, and whatever plan Z running back we get this year.

I don't know whether it is more embarassing that he is recruiting like Butters when Butters didn't even try.

Stop with the “I knew” nonsense. I can agree with much of your sentiment but you’ve been dead wrong on about a half dozen coaches, including DM to an extent. To be fair, I didn’t want Kelly and thought it was early on Frost, but thought both would’ve done better where they currently are. So I’m no genius either.

I’d bet less than 5%of this board were thrilled with the Mullen hire. I’d bet even less thought we’d be in a NY6 bowl or winning 9-11 games in the first two years under him. I’m sure it’s archived if we really want to look it up. He’s done a decent amount right, and by your own admission, has been dealt a tough hand because of factors beyond his control. Is he building something, not totally sure. But I also didn’t expect much of what I’ve seen. So like the others, I’ll have to wait it out and see. He’s been very blunt about what the expectations are here so there’s no hiding from that now. As much as I didn’t like the comment he made Saturday, he’s clearly implying we’re close to uga but still have improvements to make. It either happens or it doesn’t. He either produces titles or will face the wrath of things, which will eventually make the decision for Stricklin. It always does.

On your point about not beating teams with more talent, honestly how many do? How many teams do Saban, Meyer, Swinney, etc actually best when they’re facing a more talented opponent? For that matter, outside of maybe ut at times, how often did Spurrier face better talent? Typically once a year, and his record was less than stellar in that contest. He wasn’t slaying giants with a ragtag group. We were loaded and teams had no answer. Mullen is not unique. He needs to fix recruiting and we will be ok. If he doesn’t, he’s written his own obituary.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

I guess unless you actually read my post you would have no way of knowing what I meant. I concede that point.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Whelp... here we are.

Just more of the decade of mediocrity, the Muschimp/McElstain/Mullinz years. Season over in October and hoping for something better than the Independence Bowl.
Stop being an idiot. No we’re not. They are in the same soft division we are but haven’t had a 10 win season since 07. They have one 1 sec record greater than .500 since 07. They haven’t even been relevant past September since then, maybe even before that.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Stop with the “I knew” nonsense. I can agree with much of your sentiment but you’ve been dead wrong on about a half dozen coaches, including DM to an extent. To be fair, I didn’t want Kelly and thought it was early on Frost, but thought both would’ve done better where they currently are. So I’m no genius either.

I’d bet less than 5%of this board were thrilled with the Mullen hire. I’d bet even less thought we’d be in a NY6 bowl or winning 9-11 games in the first two years under him. I’m sure it’s archived if we really want to look it up. He’s done a decent amount right, and by your own admission, has been dealt a tough hand because of factors beyond his control. Is he building something, not totally sure. But I also didn’t expect much of what I’ve seen. So like the others, I’ll have to wait it out and see. He’s been very blunt about what the expectations are here so there’s no hiding from that now. As much as I didn’t like the comment he made Saturday, he’s clearly implying we’re close to uga but still have improvements to make. It either happens or it doesn’t. He either produces titles or will face the wrath of things, which will eventually make the decision for Stricklin. It always does.

On your point about not beating teams with more talent, honestly how many do? How many teams do Saban, Meyer, Swinney, etc actually best when they’re facing a more talented opponent? For that matter, outside of maybe ut at times, how often did Spurrier face better talent? Typically once a year, and his record was less than stellar in that contest. He wasn’t slaying giants with a ragtag group. We were loaded and teams had no answer. Mullen is not unique. He needs to fix recruiting and we will be ok. If he doesn’t, he’s written his own obituary.
Great post. Donk has been hanging with FF lately. Hindsight kings. Donk is just upset Fedora never worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator