Gatorsports blocks article comments from Gatorchatter.com

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Tried to make a Facebook comment on a Gatorsports article under Gatorchatter.com - wouldn't go through. Lo and behold, a comment under my real name went through fine and dandy.

How pathetic is this? I've never seen anything quite like it.

Discuss.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it must be about that file photo Zack attaches to your posts in an effort to embarrass you

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
try inserting the link inside your message and see what happens

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If I was to mention Gatorchatter.com under my real name the comment would be deleted. Trust me, I know.

It blows my mind that they simply want to try to erase this site from the internet and pretend it doesn't exist. It says one hell of a lot that they seem to know that whoever they have left will leap immediately if they hear about us. Hey GSMB - try IMPROVING YOUR PRODUCT and maybe people won't leave!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's some serious butthurt from the "hometown" newspaper.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n163312 said:
try inserting the link inside your message and see what happens
Go ahead and try it yourself and see what happens. If you type "Gatorchatter.com" it should automatically link to our Facebook page in the post.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am surprised they haven't tried to shut down Gator Chatter with some hired hackers or something.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n163320 said:
I am surprised they haven't tried to shut down Gator Chatter with some hired hackers or something.

Don't you recall their IT dept.?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I ventured over there for the first time a few days ago to see if there was any word on recruiting. There was maybe one or two names that I recognized.

It was like watching Saved By the Bell HS years for the first time. Sure you still had a few constants like Zach and Screetch. But suddenly they'd moved to a different state, there were all these new characters, and the feel was just wildly different. They really messed up.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have less and less use for that entire site. In fact, if there were other sites that covered Gator sports I'd likely stop surfing to there. Dooley and the other guy are borderline intolerable and even Zack has become irrelevant and somewhat snarky. I haven't been on their message board since they shut it down.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n163323 said:
I ventured over there for the first time a few days ago to see if there was any word on recruiting. There was maybe one or two names that I recognized.

It was like watching Saved By the Bell HS years for the first time. Sure you still had a few constants like Zach and Screetch. But suddenly they'd moved to a different state, there were all these new characters, and the feel was just wildly different. They really messed up.
And the site itself it hideous - stark white. And only about 10% of the members have avatars, so you have to look at that stupid silhouette in every post. Awful.

A big part of a successful message board is feeling comfortable and at home. Seeing familiar faces. That's why I think avatars are so important and are mandatory here. The GSMB now feels like a hospital - you just want to get in, do what you need to do, and get the hell out.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it says a lot about what you've done here so far, Ox. Keep up the good work :cool:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n163316 said:
That's some serious butthurt from the "hometown" newspaper.
I stopped reading the print copy of Gainesville Sun's CHATTER page around the time Jack Hairston left. I only used to read their online CHATTER content out of desperation and occasionally while I was clicking through to the Forums. Dooley has no business being a CHATTER editor. He's a boring music enthusiast and he should be writing for a boring music zine. The fact that no one reads the online and print copy of their CHATTER page is a reflection of how bad it is.

Man, I bet they wish now they hadn't taken down that site. Really bad move.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n163326 said:
And the site itself it hideous - stark white. And only about 10% of the members have avatars, so you have to look at that stupid silhouette in every post. Awful.

A big part of a successful message board is feeling comfortable and at home. Seeing familiar faces. That's why I think avatars are so important and are mandatory here. The GSMB now feels like a hospital - you just want to get in, do what you need to do, and get the hell out.

Yeah it has a very sterile feel to it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm more annoyed about it than I should be. I think it's just the pure audacity of it. They threw us out and spit on us. They washed their hands of us, they were done with us. Then, when this site is created to give everyone a new place to go, they suddenly re-open, welcome everyone back like nothing happened, and then deny and censor out the very existence of this place!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n163324 said:
I have less and less use for that entire site. In fact, if there were other sites that covered Gator sports I'd likely stop surfing to there. Dooley and the other guy are borderline intolerable and even Zack has become irrelevant and somewhat snarky. I haven't been on their message board since they shut it down.

Sometimes gatorcountry.com has good articles and info. Obviously don't bother with their board. This is the place to be.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n163347 said:
I'm more annoyed about it than I should be.

I would be flattered. To think that you deserve this level of scrutiny says a lot about how much they fear what GatorChatter.com can become.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Consider it a compliment. It probably means that GCMB has had an effect on their ad revenue. They can play N Korea all they want, but it's just further proof our sanctions are working. :cool:

We need a butt-hurt emote for :GSMB:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.