Georgia is in shambles: Star linebacker charged with rape

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yep. I was just talking to a buddy about that (Fields). If Kirby doesn't bring that offense into the 21st Century he's going to keep having games like that. Fields might win a Heisman at OSU. He also ran off Eason, who is a likely 1st rounder. Their QB room right now is sh*t. Beck will probably be a good college QB, but he's another statue (non running QB). Their other option is Stetson Bennett (a JUCO, former 2-star)?
That’s the problem with Kirby though - nothing indicates he is willing to transition. He reminds me of a better recruiting Muschamp with better AD support. Or the defensive version of Richt.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All those years around Saban, Mac and Nuss corrupted his mind.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That’s the problem with Kirby though - nothing indicates he is willing to transition. He reminds me of a better recruiting Muschamp with better AD support. Or the defensive version of Richt.

Saban was stubborn about it. Spurrier refused to go to the shot-gun. You never know. Somebody in his circle needs to have a come to Jesus talk w/ him - especially after he loses the bowl game! (I hope they keep telling him to keep doing what he's doing though). I know we all hate the dude because UGA, but I also think he's a fairly smart person (no way he would have been Saban's top lieutenant otherwise). We'll see. I hope he keeps rolling out that 1980's offense though....

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Saban was stubborn about it. Spurrier refused to go to the shot-gun. You never know. Somebody in his circle needs to have a come to Jesus talk w/ him - especially after he loses the bowl game! (I hope they keep telling him to keep doing what he's doing though). I know we all hate the dude because UGA, but I also think he's a fairly smart person (no way he would have been Saban's top lieutenant otherwise). We'll see. I hope he keeps rolling out that 1980's offense though....
He needs to get fired to have a come to Jesus.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
e9a65207e767f57549ce4b017c9fa74c.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finebaum dropping some Captain Obvious:

Paul Finebaum explains why Kirby Smart's Georgia program 'isn't working' following lopsided SEC title game loss

Paul Finebaum explains why Kirby Smart’s Georgia program ‘isn’t working’ following lopsided SEC title game loss

According to the SEC Network host, Georgia’s lack of high-level success comes down to the failures of Smart to adapt to modern college football.

“Listen Kirby Smart is trying to run Alabama 2.0 and it’s not working,” Finebaum said during his latest appearance on the show. “I say it’s not working because they’re not winning and competing seriously for national championships… You can’t end the season like that and you know I hear Georgia fans saying, ‘Well we didn’t have Cager, we didn’t have -‘. Hey, when you recruit at the level that Alabama and Georgia recruit, you don’t have excuses, because nobody else is in that league other than maybe Ohio State or Clemson and now LSU.

“And listen, I think everyone talking right now is a fan of Kirby Smart but he’s going to catch a lot of heat, and you know it started with the bowl game (the Sugar Bowl loss against Texas) which everyone wrote off as they didn’t care and this season has been a roller coaster. And the one thing this season didn’t have until Saturday was that predictable one-off Kirby Smart blowout. Got that now!”

It’s hard to argue with Finebaum on that point as Georgia’s offense has been stuck in the mud for much of the season, despite having a third-year starting quarterback, arguably the nation’s most talented and deep offensive line and perhaps the most explosive running back in the nation all to work with in Athens.

Following Georgia’s 2019 SEC Championship Game loss, Smart suggested that Georgia is running the same plays as LSU, the Bulldogs just aren’t having the level of success as the Tigers on the field with those plays. If that’s really true, or what Smart believes, that may be an even more damning statement as any casual fan can see the difference between these teams when it comes to an offensive identity on the field.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Yep. I was just talking to a buddy about that (Fields). If Kirby doesn't bring that offense into the 21st Century he's going to keep having games like that. Fields might win a Heisman at OSU. He also ran off Eason, who is a likely 1st rounder. Their QB room right now is sh*t. Beck will probably be a good college QB, but he's another statue (non running QB). Their other option is Stetson Bennett (a JUCO, former 2-star)?
79824943_757678754707906_5988906907258060800_n.jpg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

This is the kind of thing where I always want to know the back story. The coaches had to know he wasn’t going. Did they ignore it because of the lack of depth at WR, thereby further enabling Pickens? Or did they try and address it and he blew them off? Inquiring minds want to know.....

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
This is the kind of thing where I always want to know the back story. The coaches had to know he wasn’t going. Did they ignore it because of the lack of depth at WR, thereby further enabling Pickens? Or did they try and address it and he blew them off? Inquiring minds want to know.....
Seems to me that Kirby lost control after the Sugar bowl last season and that wave of bs is finally catching up to them

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
This kid is a real pos it seems.

He’s been suspended like three times in one season, with one of those because he got into a fight during the Tech game.

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving fan base and team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator