Happy Thanksgiving Gatorchatter!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's been a bit of a difficult year for the board. Perpetual difficult seasons have caused more rifts and infighting among the Gator faithful, who in the end all want the same thing. However, here we still are, trying to lean on each other the best we can to avoid going crazy over something we can't control.

My November donation drive drove home the point that this is a very special, generous group of people. I was overwhelmed with the generosity, and extremely thankful. I have to focus on the fact that so many of you feel you have a place to get away from real life and express yourself, and that sometimes gets away from me. My personal difficulties at times have a tendency to be taken out on the people here, and I have to work on that.

So Gators, I am thankful for so many things, and Gatorchatter is one of them. Hopefully this holiday season we (and definitely including me) can focus on being a little more constructive and turn on each other a bit less, as we're on the same team. We're sitting in the back seat while other people drive the car, and those people have no business being behind the wheel. We've just got to deal with that.

Spend time with your families and be grateful we live in a country where the ups and downs of a football team matter enough to be important to us. So many others around the world have much bigger concerns than the outcome of a game. We are extremely blessed.

Discuss.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
you guys rock

and as this is a time for celebration with family, we're family here,, cheers

and thanks a gazillion ox for all that you do

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well said @oxrageous and here’s to better days ahead for us all!

leonardo dicaprio rap GIF

Go Gators!
:chomp:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It's been a bit of a difficult year for the board. Perpetual difficult seasons have caused more rifts and infighting among the Gator faithful, who in the end all want the same thing. However, here we still are, trying to lean on each other the best we can to avoid going crazy over something we can't control.

My November donation drive drove home the point that this is a very special, generous group of people. I was overwhelmed with the generosity, and extremely thankful. I have to focus on the fact that so many of you feel you have a place to get away from real life and express yourself, and that sometimes gets away from me. My personal difficulties at times have a tendency to be taken out on the people here, and I have to work on that.

So Gators, I am thankful for so many things, and Gatorchatter is one of them. Hopefully this holiday season we (and definitely including me) can focus on being a little more constructive and turn on each other a bit less, as we're on the same team. We're sitting in the back seat while other people drive the car, and those people have no business being behind the wheel. We've just got to deal with that.

Spend time with your families and be grateful we live in a country where the ups and downs of a football team matter enough to be important to us. So many others around the world have much bigger concerns than the outcome of a game. We are extremely blessed.

Discuss.
:grouphug:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GBM is coming up on his 5-year anniversary, but he's one of those guys that feels like he goes all the way back to the old GSMB. How can anyone not like this dude?
And to borrow a line from “Fats” in the Duke’s classic “The Cowboys”…”that sob cooks better than my mama!” I’m here to tell you, the dude’s as legit as they come!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Discuss.
Elaine Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Discuss.
Well said and Happy Thanksgiving!

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

Well said Ox.
Thank you for all you do and for the vine.

Thanks everyone for your daily contributions, bitching, whining and complaining. Just like me. :lol2:

Have a great Thanksgiving and let's all hope for a Great win Saturday night!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well said sir. Happy thanksgiving to everyone. Plenty to be thankful for.

For example, I’m sitting at a hospital in Charlotte right now. They just took my sister in law down for quadruple bypass open heart surgery. Far from a gimme. She is my age, 53. Humbling with a capital H.

Tomorrow’s activities are the least of my worries right now.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Great post Ox.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you and to your families.

I hope you get to bury the hatchet with a loved one or friend, let go of a bad memory, or forgive an offender. And I especially hope you understand how great you have it and are appreciative of the lot in life you're in.

For those dealing with the loss of a loved one, or a grave medical condition, I hope you find solace and peace in knowing there is a God and there is an eternity after this life that you can be a part of by simply believing that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried and rose, and he sits beside our God in Heaven. He did this so that our sins can be forgiven and is told to us in John 3:16. And that if you believe in Him then you will have everlasting life and will be whole again.

Also, the Gators are gonna win!

Noles = Tater Bait!
:chomp:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Well said sir. Happy thanksgiving to everyone. Plenty to be thankful for.

For example, I’m sitting at a hospital in Charlotte right now. They just took my sister in law down for quadruple bypass open heart surgery. Far from a gimme. She is my age, 53. Humbling with a capital H.

Tomorrow’s activities are the least of my worries right now.

Prayers all goes well for the SIL.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Discuss.
Happy Thanksgiving Ox and the Gator Chatter Family. Wishing you all a great time visiting your family and Friends. Gobble Gobble! Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator