Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Like Mullen, you KNOW what you are getting with Mark Stoops. There's no mystery there.

BTW, I haven't heard Mark Stoops connected to a single job. He's no candidate anywhere that I know of.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Like Mullen, you KNOW what you are getting with Mark Stoops. There's no mystery there.

BTW, I haven't heard Mark Stoops connected to a single job. He's no candidate anywhere that I know of.

He might be LSU's candidate now. Would be a dream scenario for us.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So Napier says nothing is decided yet and now this quote from Riley, along with news Aranda is sticking with Baylor.

If this Riley quote is genuine, the doubt and hand wringing over Napier’s qualities is going to turn into epileptic seizures when Billy goes to LSU and we slide all the way down to Campbell or Stoops.

pundits like Doering and Dooley will look foolish for asserting Napier was in the bag if the Riley quote isn’t a troll.

the systematic destruction of our program started by Foley and completed by Stricklin and Mullen is total.

we’re going to get the finger from LSU’s third choice and have zero desirability as a destination in the eyes of anything other than middling turds. We won’t be relevant for twenty years. If ever.

my gut tells me Napier is not going to UF. He wants LSU and VT to shoot their shots, and there are no half decent prospects waiting in the wings.

someone is going to be left off this carousel and it very well might be our shipwrecked azzes….

I hope I turn out to be wrong. And if we do hire Napier I hope he ends up dispelling the doubts people have about him.
calm the f down y'all. If any of the hundreds of reports about Napier deep in contact negotiations with Florida and close to inking are true, he's not going to trash all that and start over with lsu knowing he wasn't even their second choice while he was our first and the only reason they want him is they keep striking out. If the reports are true, he's Florida bound. I wouldn't even care if he wasn't if it meant kiffin was back in play, but he's coming here. Some of y'all need to take some midol and change your tampons lol

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If anyone can come up with crazy money, it’s LSU.
You guys aren't getting it. His buyout if he chooses to leave has been reported at zero. The 95M is only if he's fired. That said, with a 10 year contract and an extension signed literally like a month ago, he could lose every game for 5 seasons and still keep getting paid bc noone has that type of buyout money so I don't see him leaving for anyone even if they offer stupid money, bc I don't think anyone will offer him a stupid buyout like that. He has a golden contract. Zero risk, all reward.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Fisher is trending as LSU’s fallback plan.

I dont think anyone knows but I dont see Fisher trending anywhere. I see Stoops and OBrien trending on all the LSU sites and they are getting their torches and pitchforks.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I dont think anyone knows but I dont see Fisher trending anywhere. I see Stoops and OBrien trending on all the LSU sites and they are getting their torches and pitchforks.

Oh please let it be O’Brien.

Put aside his being the leader of the Aryan Union, he’s the quintessential “winning now with Ala talent” guy and was on the hot seat earlier this year. That would be a great move.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Yes. And since all have at one point been mentioned as possibilities, or hopefuls, here, and clearly none of them fit the criteria, the prudent thing is to probably just shut down the football program all together.
It seems as though the process of doing just that has been underway

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You guys aren't getting it. His buyout if he chooses to leave has been reported at zero. The 95M is only if he's fired.
You could be right, but I find it hard to believe there would be ZERO compensation to A&M if another school purges Fisher in the middle of his contract.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with you completely on Fisher. I have no idea why he's always such a hot name. He only has one title because of a Heisman QB and has been underwhelming at A&M with every resource available.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You could be right, but I find it hard to believe there would be ZERO compensation to A&M if another school purges Fisher in the middle of his contract.
it's mind boggling no doubt, but it's what's been reported numerous times since he inked there. You know what else is mind boggling? A 95M buyout to anyone, let alone a dude who doesn't win sht. Considering we all know the 95 is true, the other as crazy as it is, isnt surprising at all. That AD is a freaking moron.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Reality is we don't know Who TF will be our next coach. I'll double up on blood pressure meds when we find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.