His way out? Mac claims death threats on coaches and players: "It is what it is."

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Why is Butters still employed at UF? Just fire him, don't pay his buyout, force his henchmen to take UF to court, work out a settlement and be done with it. JFC. I can't take it anymore. He opens the door for you and you don;t walk in. He leads the horse to water and instead of drinking it, you decide to turn your A$$ to it. We sure do have a bunch of idiotic morons over there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've been leaning on my source close to the administration. VERY close to the actual movers, shakers, and decision makers. At this point, it's a "no comment" situation. They are talking, that much is obvious. Whether or not they are actually going to make meaningful decisions remains to be seen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I've been leaning on my source close to the administration. VERY close to the actual movers, shakers, and decision makers. At this point, it's a "no comment" situation. They are talking, that much is obvious. Whether or not they are actually going to make meaningful decisions remains to be seen.

When was the last time a meaningful decision was made over there in a timely fashion? Not regarding facilities, not regarding letting Meyer walk when he threw in the towel to Saban, not canning Chump, the stadium needs an unbelievable overhau, etc. etc. etcl. Geez I guess firing Zook in year 3 would be the last one, but being that he should never have been hired as head coach anywhere, I refuse to count that!!!!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
They will come after him, UF needs to get to him first, he'll then them down for a better job.

But is it a better job according to him? The pressure is probably less and he might like that area of the country. I don't know but I bet we won't be firing Mac unless something else happens. Maybe we should hire him as co-HBC?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Some of us want instant gratification. But this is potentially complicated. Some factors:

The mood of the team
Contract and legal issues
Viable candidates if any
Recruits
Appearance of stability to future coaching candidates
Continuity
Level of commitment to football
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Booster support
Currently pissed off fans: (fairly far down the list.)

You have to evaluate it all. If the situation is simple, it doesn't take long. If the situation is complicated, you don't pull the trigger till you know what your doing (that doesn't mean you take for ever).

Possible outcomes range from nothing to a quick move. For those of us who want something done right now, some administrators look at a complicated situation, get tangled up in their underwear, and do nothing. Some are decisive. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

I'll bet I set a dislike record.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Some of us want instant gratification. But this is potentially complicated. Some factors:

The mood of the team
Contract and legal issues
Viable candidates if any
Recruits
Appearance of stability to future coaching candidates
Continuity
Level of commitment to football
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Booster support
Currently pissed off fans: (fairly far down the list.)

You have to evaluate it all. If the situation is simple, it doesn't take long. If the situation is complicated, you don't pull the trigger till you know what your doing (that doesn't mean you take for ever).

Possible outcomes range from nothing to a quick move. For those of us who want something done right now, some administrators look at a complicated situation, get tangled up in their underwear, and do nothing. Some are decisive. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

I'll bet I set a dislike record.
So why are these issues more important now than later? These are factors that have to be dealt with any time there is a coaching change.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So why are these issues more important now than later? These are factors that have to be dealt with any time there is a coaching change.

I'm just saying it isn't happening tomorrow. There's no telling.

Did I say they weren't?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Yep. It looks like he realized he made a mistake and has apologized for it.

https://scout.com/college/florida/A...best-of-him-says-admin-on-same-page-109451332

After reading that, WOW. Great reporting effort, I guess, to try to decipher a narrative from his ramblings. The writer Could just as well have stated:

"Coach McYet, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

And yet, the same could be said for nearly all his incoherent press conferences. It really is no wonder our team plays with a lack of clear direction. Seriously, just wow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good gawd. What the fvkk did he say?

Is there any doubt that his gameplans are equally well thought out? Franks is probably struggling bc he doesnt understand a damn thing coming from that fool's mouth.

How do you get to the position of being a 4.5 mil/yr CEO and yet you can string together a coherent thought or even two?

BUT I AM A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL-- don't try this at home--and a skilled interrogator, so let me 'splain it to you.

He is trying to blame someone who "handles the clutter" for him. He started to go down that path twice. He wanted to go there, but kept remembering the people who prepped him said no. Untrained people do this often, tend to give up or hint at exactly what they are trying to avoid then make an obvious U turn to try to evade the issue or answer.

Intern? Staffer? Whatever... he is trying to say someone who handles clutter told him (I suspect an exaggeration or a misinterpretation by a snowflake-type) there were death threats against him, his family, and the team.

The reason I "suspect an exaggeration" is because all of Butters sword swallowers seemed to be combing the internet trying to find these threats and the best I saw was someone hoping Butters would "kill over". Snowflakes who are terrified of microaggressions tend to exaggerate to great extremes. I'm sure that or "die in a fire" might be a "death threat" to those types even though neither are threats in anyway.

Last edited:

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I am totally fine with him going to the buttchuggers. He would fit in perfectly there. I can see it now, he's making pb&j sammiches after practice, and handing one to each of the boys as they finish their turn on the plunger... "Here ya go, son. I cut the crust off, just like you asked. Now, don't forget to use the soap when you're in the shower"

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"I feel bad sometimes for being open and being honest" Is that sarcasm or a bald face lie?

It is a "you all should love me as I am so straightforward with everyone" beg. Beware the one who insists on pointing that out to you.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The reason I "suspect an exaggeration" is because all of Butters sword swallowers seemed to be combing the internet trying to find these threats and the best I saw was someone hoping Butters would "kill over". Snowflakes who are terrified of microaggressions tend to exaggerate to great extremes. I'm sure that or "die in a fire" might be a "death threat" to those types even though neither are threats in anyway.

....or "drink bleach".

"Drink bleach" should technically be construed as encouraging suicide (or at the very least severe gastro/esophageal damage) and not a death threat. So really, no harm, no foul.

:swampqueen:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who hasn't received 'threats'?

WitchShoeFits.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.