His way out? Mac claims death threats on coaches and players: "It is what it is."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So we're supposed to believe that these so-called death threats were credible, and yet the man's employer was not even notified.

He lied to gain sympathy, attention, all over something flip said on social media. Social media.

How does UF keep Mac in its employ after this? I don't think it can.
Lot of wishful thinking here, '78. :lol:

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Perhaps this is the beginning of the end of Mac....

....as a coach at UF! Anyone who took that any differently is the culprit.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is straight from the Don DeVoe book of "How to get out of town and still try to retain some dignity". I seem to remember rumors that Don's wife just "couldn't stand the death threats" and that was what led to his departure.
I might know someone who made those. :suspect:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
After watching the press conference I honestly believe that fcktard made that up on the spot to get some heat off. The way he said it and then said he didn't want to elaborate was a really bad look. He better be coming up with some evidence or proof fast. He's to $hitty of a coach to make those kinda false accusations. If it comes out that he made it all up this we be a bigger embarrassment to the university than his suck ass coaching job. I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
After watching the press conference I honestly believe that fcktard made that up on the spot to get some heat off. The way he said it and then said he didn't want to elaborate was a really bad look. He better be coming up with some evidence or proof fast. He's to $hitty of a coach to make those kinda false accusations. If it comes out that he made it all up this we be a bigger embarrassment to the university than his suck ass coaching job. I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I cannot imagine him being retained after this.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man, you gotta be workin' it bigtime to ride out of town being compared to DeVoe. Has there ever a been a bigger jackass connected to UF athletics?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Whatever the extent or seriousness these threats actually are, we are going to catch hell the next few days from the national press. ESPN will assume a holier than thou attitude about "it's just a game."

This will be made out to be bigger than Harvey What's His Name from Bama poisoning some trees at Toomer's corner. The pundits are in need of something else to pontificate about other than the NFL protests of the national anthem. Fuchs probably thought his esophageal spasms were over once Richard Spenser left town.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man, you gotta be workin' it bigtime to ride out of town being compared to DeVoe. Has there ever a been a bigger jackass connected to UF athletics?
This feels like his Zook vs fraternity moment. The truth is he lost it earlier in the year. You could see it in his eyes after Meetchikin. He knew he was over his head.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I loathed that m’fer. Canceled our season tickets when he took over.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Surprised no one has floated this out there yet. If this is a lie, which it could very easily be, is there a clause where he could be released for cause. I mean this thing is taking off, and if it turns out to be a lie, that's a big black eye for UF. Certainly there has to be a clause that covers that.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IMHO, Mac is lying about death threats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics