His way out? Mac claims death threats on coaches and players: "It is what it is."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea what the facts are or are not regarding this situation. but here is what I believe. I believe that this is MAJOR step #1 that Butters is taking to lay the groundwork for his own, voluntary exit. And if what I believe turns out to be true, then I say "You go Jimmy" and carry out that plan. No one will be at the door to stop you.
This plus the rumors of thinking fans don't appreciate what he's done it sure feels like it. So bizarre.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he made the necessary moves when he should I think the complaints would be far less, but all of his issues are of his own making.
Most of the good he's done has been "off field". Fans just want a better offense at this point.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if this will be his actual downfall. They look into it and realize he made it up/sensationalized death threats made by the fan base for his pity.
Just having a tiny argument with Joe Vizi. He is livid. Finally found a post that someone wished "Butters would kill over" (sic).

He doesn't seem to understand that "I am going to kill you" could be a threat but "I hope you die" isn't.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I didn't see another thread about this, if there is please merge.

I figure that the presser thread mentions the "death threats". However, the UAA tried talking to Mac today and released a statement saying he gave them no further details. This could be Mac just feeling people are venting and not wanting to make a big deal. Or Mac made a statement in passing, got the attention of everyone and may be trying to walk it back.

I just want to say that death threats are bull**** if true and should be taken care of. But I also think that if it is the later, there needs to be repercussions.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac & family got wind of that shark-humping i-net rumor, you know Mac knows that his "death-threat" statement would explode across the sports shows, thus, a black mark against UF to go along with multiple cc felons. I'm considering that Mac is being a brat, getting back at the noisemakers in the system. But is he making it harder for UF to fire him by virtue of no valid replacement HC braving to come to this mess.?? So let's follow how the CFB media propels this.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
shark.jpg

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Thomas Goldkamp‏Verified account @ThomasGoldkamp 11m11 minutes ago
#Gators issue statement, say administration met with Jim McElwain over death threats comment. He added no details - https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-Gators-Football-UAA-administration-meets-with-Jim-McElwa-109366410 …

LOL. No details. Uh huh.

Now they are going to press Butters for info and anything he tells them can be verified
if it did occur. They will probably pin him in the corner because of his false info. And if he gives a false statement to law enforcement his contract will become void. That would be a sad way for this to end. I really don’t think his elevator goes to the top floor. This is not going to have a happy ending.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Now they are going to press Butters for info and anything he tells them can be verified
if it did occur. They will probably pin him in the corner because of his false info. And if he gives a false statement to law enforcement his contract will become void. That would be a sad way for this to end. I really don’t think his elevator goes to the top floor. This is not going to have a happy ending.

What if he just says he doesn't want to talk about it trying to avoid the issue?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So we're supposed to believe that these so-called death threats were credible, and yet the man's employer was not even notified.

He lied to gain sympathy, attention, all over something flip said on social media. Social media.

How does UF keep Mac in its employ after this? I don't think it can.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Chris Leak had the same thought.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
By not giving specifics, what McElwain did today was condemn the entire Gator Nation. I for one am pissed.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Oh don;t be so sure of that my friend. It may have one helluva spectacular ending if we are ushering ole Butters out and new coach in. Stay positive. Stranger things have happened.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wishful thinking. Someone told him to STFU and win games.

The good news is I just gave my wife win and plan on having a happy ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator