Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Do you really think Stricklin is on some kind of hot seat if Mullen doesn't work out? It's nonsense. It's been clear for some time that the hiring and overseeing of the football program is only considered one tiny part of the job, and really not that important. UF is making huge profits on the program whether the team wins or loses.

That position revolves around how the money is being handled, and the money is just fine, thank you. If Mullen lost the next 30 games in a row and was fired, Stricklin would simply be looking for the next guy. He's not going anywhere regardless of our record for a long time. Hell, I think 80% of the decision to fire a coach has to do with the status of his buyout, not his stinking performance or his complete destruction of the product.

The ONLY thing that keeps pressure on these asshats to try and strive for some kind of excellence on the field is the fans. Blow up their emails, phone calls, whatever. It's all we got.
With the amount of money being paid to these football coaches, I gotta believe the UAA and the Prez have more say in who gets hired and who gets fired and when it’s gonna happen than the AD does. I’m sure he’s granted much more leniency in the personnel decisions of the non-revenue sports.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Nation was gone years ago.

We are the ragtag band of leftovers. The last of the holdouts.

Dwindling fast and no reinforcements. Gators from this last decade couldnt care less.

Congrats Fooley, you showed us! Took us back to 1979.
I'm honestly not sure you can peg where he took us back to. We were a football school in 1979. I'm not sure who we are anymore.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The Nation was gone years ago.

We are the ragtag band of leftovers. The last of the holdouts.

Dwindling fast and no reinforcements. Gators from this last decade couldnt care less.

Congrats Fooley, you showed us! Took us back to 1979.

Tired and poor huddled masses. Wretched refuse, hopeless and tempest-tossed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm honestly not sure you can peg where he took us back to. We were a football school in 1979. I'm not sure who we are anymore.
Early 60s? I don't know. I guess youre right. Even in 1979, we hadn't sucked for a decade.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I had low expectations, not get beat by Kentucky low expectations, but nice comfortable, don't care, low expectations. That damn opening game got me excited. Even recruiting seemed to pick up. I just gotta reset. Crappy recruiting has left us talent starved. We still don't have an oline or even the foundation of an oline which, let's face it, usually doesn't get good until they've played together for 3 years. Realistically it's going to be a long time until we compete again. And that may still take another regime change.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you really think Stricklin is on some kind of hot seat if Mullen doesn't work out? It's nonsense. It's been clear for some time that the hiring and overseeing of the football program is only considered one tiny part of the job, and really not that important. UF is making huge profits on the program whether the team wins or loses.

That position revolves around how the money is being handled, and the money is just fine, thank you. If Mullen lost the next 30 games in a row and was fired, Stricklin would simply be looking for the next guy. He's not going anywhere regardless of our record for a long time. Hell, I think 80% of the decision to fire a coach has to do with the status of his buyout, not his stinking performance or his complete destruction of the product.

The ONLY thing that keeps pressure on these asshats to try and strive for some kind of excellence on the field is the fans. Blow up their emails, phone calls, whatever. It's all we got.
I wish I were right.

But I suspect you are.

Just looking at those fvkking UAA asshats talking about trying to address facilities in 3-5 years......
after
damn program that loses 10 mil a year get their new luxury, empty baseball stadium says it all.

I like to think that someone gives a fvkk. But, you're right, there is zero evidence of it. We fire Mullinz in three years then go hire some other 21-16 WAC shytbag or another coach with a 33-40 record.

You are likely right.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Early 60s? I don't know. I guess youre right. Even in 1979, we hadn't sucked for a decade.
We hired a new coach in 1979 and within three years went from south end zone metal bleachers to a two-deck full enclosure. How about them potatoes?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I Realistically it's going to be a long time until we compete again. And that may still take another regime change.
In the meantime, Mullinz is quite comfortable with losing.

You should be too.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Face it folks, peak football has been reached and surpassed. Interest in the sport is waining. It’s considered dangerous and barbaric. Less younguns are playing the sport, less students are giving a Fock, and the UAA couldn’t be happier. Let basketball reign or women’s volleyball. We don’t care for football no more. Sad but true.

Fortunately for me, I love basketball nearly as much as pigskin.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some day in the not so distant future, some visionary member is going to post a thread titled HOW GATORCHATTER WILL LOOK IN 2030.

We may be afraid to peek at what's inside.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Some day in the not so distant future, some visionary member is going to post a thread titled HOW GATORCHATTER WILL LOOK IN 2030.

unfortunately for ox, and for the rest of us, if this wrong isnt righted soon, there will be no gatorchatter b/c there will be no fanbase that cares enough to log in and pontificate. We are going on a decade now with no end in sight. Its been said earlier in this thread but we are representative of the last bastion of passion within this fan base. The majority of gator fans now are either largely content with winning 7 or 8 games and getting punked by lsu/uga/fsu/ut/random unexpected team, or have basically checked out and dont care anymore.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

We may be afraid to peek at what's inside.
Fortunately I will cash in for millions long before that and will be living like Scrooge Effin' McDuck.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
This doesn't mean much but my dad attended Florida and I was fortunate enough to see decades of Gator games. I saw every home game Spurrier ever PLAYED. He saw one SEC champioship and that was taken away, I didn't see a championship when I attended. Gator fans have always been long suffering. I bleed Orange and Blue and will die that way. University Presidents used to be fired for not righting the ship, heck even not beating uga enough. People need to be afraid of their job all the way up to the top.

Gatorpastor1975

Sep 9, 2018
Today was when the reality really hit home, I was sitting around at a pastor roundtable meeting. I was asked where's your gator attire by a Kentucky fan. Last time I heard that comment was in grammar school. All the fleascratchers were all smiling like the calico cat in Alice in wonderland at me. They know they own the East and will continue to do so. Fyi: I get bombarded with pictures of all their improvements and 5 star updates on recruitment. Being a pastor in GA isn't easy as Gator fan. The barking of the fleascratchers makes me wanna be like Jesus and flip tables and pull out a bull whip.
Sadly, the only guys that didn't rag me were GT fans. It's sad that the once mighty Gators are on the same level as GT.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Guys we've got to forget about past success. It's not coming back. We're saddled with Mullen for a few years. I'm gonna start looking at the positives and enjoy football season while it's here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.