I was there

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n85398 said:
I never liked trashing people either, especially JD-who has not stolen $12MM from Florida. And I am actually a very positive person. I used to look forward to Saturdays. Even if we lost, we normally put up a good fight and it was exciting to watch. Now it is very painful-even when we win. Nobody on this forum hates the Gators. On the contrary, we all LOVE the Gators. Or else we would not care. Think of it as a marriage. If people are fighting, they still care. Once they have given up on the marriage they are silent and just accept. When we are critical here, it is tough love. The person that is on meth might take it as being cruel, but true friends will keep it real. I am not attached to any particular coach. I am attached to winning.

Here's an example of the issue. No one has stolen $12MM from Florida. WM was hired to do a job - and he worked hard at it. "He was hired to win and win championships!" you say. Well, we may want a certain performance result from our coach, but unless we demand it by writing it into his contract, it is wrong (immoral) for us to say he has stolen by not producing the results we expected. Now, you might be trying to use hyperbole and you might not. I'm sure some here would argue that he has stolen the money. ...and it is in that climate of extreme opinion (Ox likes to excuse it 'cause we're "fans") that people who aren't used to such false accusations feel compelled to stand up for our coach (he is still our team's coach) and defend him from slander. There are some who also (mis)treat the players with the same contempt.

I do think that stephenPE is behaving in the exact manner he's criticizing (a point on which Ox has him over a barrel), but I suspect that what has triggered his posts are the type of thing that I've tried to describe in this post.

Gatoravatara, I'm not just trying to single you out - there are many on this board who would exaggerate / distort reality in order to make their point or have their way. Then again, if the shoe fits and all...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp has STOLEN $12 million or more(what's the total with buyout). We did not get our ROI on that bad investment. If you even think of trying to justify that dude's salary and extension...we have problems.

PS Not to mention the guy is leaving the program in utter disarray. CWM is one of the worst things to happen to this university. He is actually making it harder on the next guy. Dude is a total bust.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
EuroGator;n85474 said:
Here's an example of the issue. No one has stolen $12MM from Florida. WM was hired to do a job - and he worked hard at it. "He was hired to win and win championships!" you say. Well, we may want a certain performance result from our coach, but unless we demand it by writing it into his contract, it is wrong (immoral) for us to say he has stolen by not producing the results we expected. Now, you might be trying to use hyperbole and you might not. I'm sure some here would argue that he has stolen the money. ...and it is in that climate of extreme opinion (Ox likes to excuse it 'cause we're "fans") that people who aren't used to such false accusations feel compelled to stand up for our coach (he is still our team's coach) and defend him from slander. There are some who also (mis)treat the players with the same contempt.

I do think that stephenPE is behaving in the exact manner he's criticizing (a point on which Ox has him over a barrel), but I suspect that what has triggered his posts are the type of thing that I've tried to describe in this post.

Gatoravatara, I'm not just trying to single you out - there are many on this board who would exaggerate / distort reality in order to make their point or have their way. Then again, if the shoe fits and all...
your an odd poster. Your posts are rarely brief but usually vanilla

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n85474 said:
No one has stolen $12MM from Florida. WM was hired to do a job - and he worked hard at it. "He was hired to win and win championships!" you say. Well, we may want a certain performance result from our coach, but unless we demand it by writing it into his contract, it is wrong (immoral) for us to say he has stolen by not producing the results we expected.
Not always true. Ron Zook came within a hair of being criminally prosecuted for stealing money from both UF and Illinois, something that could have resulted in 20 to 30 years in prison (up to death had it been in Texas). Instead, they agreed on a secret deal in which they wouldn't bring charges if he left the coaching profession forever.

He then went on to be a janitor at a local bank.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n85474 said:

There is absolutely no evidence to support this statement.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n85486 said:
There is absolutely no evidence to support this statement.

You must be kra-kra if you think that he isn't working his butt off. He may suck, but he's not lazy. If he isn't working hard, how does every recruit who's asked always say that, regardless of who's in their top 3, UF is pursuing them more than any other school. You'd better stay on the "he hasn't produced" argument.:suicide:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n85502 said:
If he isn't working hard, how does every recruit who's asked always say that, regardless of who's in their top 3, UF is pursuing them more than any other school.
Link? I've never heard that before. And even if it's true, the fact that he's pursuing them harder than anyone else and they still aren't coming here tells you quite a bit.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n85478 said:
Muschamp has STOLEN $12 million or more(what's the total with buyout). We did not get our ROI on that bad investment. If you even think of trying to justify that dude's salary and extension...we have problems.

PS Not to mention the guy is leaving the program in utter disarray. CWM is one of the worst things to happen to this university. He is actually making it harder on the next guy. Dude is a total bust.

You do not tell the truth, sir. Having discussed issues recently with you, I refuse to accept that you don't know what the definition of stealing is.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n85502 said:
You must be kra-kra if you think that he isn't working his butt off. He may suck, but he's not lazy. If he isn't working hard, how does every recruit who's asked always say that, regardless of who's in their top 3, UF is pursuing them more than any other school. You'd better stay on the "he hasn't produced" argument.:suicide:

Again, show me the evidence.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n85507 said:
We will just have to agree to disagree. I think he robbed us. What if you paid a bunch of actors a lot of money to do a Broadway show. And then they come out of stage for the big launch not knowing the scrip or any words to the play and they just winged it? Technically speaking they did a show, But just you just got robbed. Or if you paid a band a lot of money to put out an album. And then they send you an album consisting of 3 track of morning rush hour traffic, Noon traffic, and evening rush hour traffic with shrieking guitars in the background. I guess technically its an album Both Muschamp and Foley laid out their own high expectations when he first came here. These expectations were not generated from the fans.

I understand your point. I made it (in brief) in my post. If he stole his salary, that would be breach of contract and the UAA would sue to get that much money if they had a leg to stand on. Let's see if they do or not. We may agree to disagree, but one of us would win in court, because one of us is being honest with the use of the word "steal" and one isn't. Underperforming is not stealing He was paid big bucks not only for what he would do, but also for his forecasted value. People thought he was worth it and they agreed to pay him. People on here want to talk about real-world, big-boy stuff. They want to talk about Driskel being a public figure and not just some Ag or Psych student. Well, in the real world, in positions like D1 Head Football Coaches, perceived value plays a big role. Don't slander the man just 'cause you're disappointed.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n85518 said:
Again, show me the evidence.
No. I don't think I will. I think those who accuse ought to have to provide the evidence.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n85508 said:
Link? I've never heard that before. And even if it's true, the fact that he's pursuing them harder than anyone else and they still aren't coming here tells you quite a bit.

I'm not going to go try to find it by sifting through Zach's blog for the past 3 or 4 years. I've heard it numerous times. The one that stands out most vividly in my head was Laremy Tunsil, but I know that many more said it.

If he's an ineffective recruiter, then that's a whole different discussion.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n85530 said:
No. I don't think I will. I think those who accuse ought to have to provide the evidence.

Evidence:

25-19 overall
15-14 SEC

Losing record in 3 of 4 (to date) SEC seasons
7 game losing streak in 2013
Owner of the worst UF record in 35 years
Owner of the worst UF offense in history
Got steamrolled by GSU
Lost to Vandy
Loser of 2 consecutive Homecoming games

I could go on.

Working hard, my ass.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n85509 said:
You do not tell the truth, sir. Having discussed issues recently with you, I refuse to accept that you don't know what the definition of stealing is.

You are speaking in literal terms vs figuratively. I'm not calling the police on Muschamp for actually stealing his salary. But he did STEAL it.

Slander? LawGator? As a public figure I don't think this falls under slander or libel. I think you are being overly sensitive.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n85547 said:
You left out the losing while holding the opponent to under 120 yards record. He is breaking all sorts of records.

Yep, or maybe the first UF coach since the 50's to have two (working on 3) losing SEC seasons
or ending our 22 year bowl streak...
I never knew WM had family in Europe.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n85045 said:
I have probably attended over 200 games at Fla Field, going back to SOS playing. I can honestly say I have only seen (in person) the offense this hapless maybe 2 or 3 other times. The D played well enough to win. On the other hand ..........It was ugly as hell. At this time I think he should be let go and all our effort put into making something positive the rest of the year and to find a good coach for the program. I would go after Charlie Strong or Mullen.

First of all you're delusional to think Chunky Charlie Strong or Marshal Dan Mullen would turn their backs on their present gigs to come back to the vortex that Gator Football has become highlighted by a wounded indecisive AD that people no longer trust.

Secondly you're too damn sensitive to be a college football fan. You're up in arms because your derisive criticism of the board was turned back on you. They've been talking **** at me for years but I don't run back to Mother and pout because those mean ole Gator fans said unkind remarks to me. Lighten up and take it with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.