It's a pretty big 'What if?'

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The program clearly needs new direction, new life. I enjoyed Saturday's win over the Humpers even more that I usually enjoy wins over the Humpers, but it changed nothing.

As I stated earlier, I will enjoy the spectacle of Foley explaining himself for whacking CWM in the unlikely event he does run the table. There are justifiable explanations, but there are logic bombs, too. And, regardless of what he says, it will provide virtually endless fodder for all the haters out there. As we all know, he should have pulled the plug last year, after GSU.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a small group of Muschamp supporters that have been rounded up and placed at the zoo for further study. I'm told there's a line out the door to see them, mostly from Gator fans who simply don't believe these people exist. We have to keep in mind they are still fellow Gators, and our thoughts and prayers need to be with them to get the help they need.

image42.jpg

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n98171 said:
Here's a small group of Muschamp supporters that have been rounded up and placed at the zoo for further study. I'm told there's a line out the door to see them, mostly from Gator fans who simply don't believe these people exist. We have to keep in mind they are still fellow Gators, and our thoughts and prayers need to be with them to get the help they need.

image42.jpg

Is that Zach in the lower right corner? How did he get mixed up with that group? :ugh:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n98171 said:

image42.jpg

From left to right(bottom only):

1) Nerdy, "friend-zone" guy named Jason, who's one of those "ok, so WM's had one bad year, relax" types.
2) Rachel from Boca, who--while you wouldn't guess it--is the biggest stoner of the bunch.
3) The semi-athletic "look at me" douche from Maryland.
4) Eileen, the one that everyone knows and is cool with, but is also pushing 30 and no one really knows what's going on with that.
5) Stewart Mandel

Oddly enough, no ones showing attention to Sarah, the disappointed slutty blond that thought this "experiment" was going to be wildly different when she signed up.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We should win every game except the FSU one. They are just too strong and have alllll the luck with Winston going for them.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Jbossgator8;n98396 said:
We should win every game except the FSU one. They are just too strong and have alllll the luck with Winston going for them.

I think we match up very well with them, just based on our ability to get persistent pressure on Winston. Most teams have been able to do it for a half, or three quarters. I think we have the capability of doing it the entire game. If we have any shot, it will stem from that, imo.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
soflagator;n98400 said:
I think we match up very well with them, just based on our ability to get persistent pressure on Winston. Most teams have been able to do it for a half, or three quarters. I think we have the capability of doing it the entire game. If we have any shot, it will stem from that, imo.

I agree with the exception that we need someone to be a ball hawk on the backend. If we are to have any chance we will need at least 1 defensive score and a lot of help from our ST's. The other thing is we cannot let them screen pass us to death due to excessive pressure and our tackling has to be near perfect.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The key to this year's fsu game is for the officials to actually make a holding call. Last year's game was horribly officiated. Seems like a pattern in these fsu games

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We go from being down 42-0 on Homecoming TWO WEEKS AGO to now seriously discussing winning at FSU. Fellas, we don't even know if Treon Harris can play. I've seen nothing that tells me he's even the QB of the future yet.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Coach9;n98428 said:
The key to this year's fsu game is for the officials to actually make a holding call. Last year's game was horribly officiated. Seems like a pattern in these fsu games

I didn't pay a ton of attention to last years game as we all knew the outcome going in. I will say however that the 2012 game was quite possibly the worst officiated game I've seen in 45 years of watching CFB.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n98438 said:
We go from being down 42-0 on Homecoming TWO WEEKS AGO to now seriously discussing winning at FSU. Fellas, we don't even know if Treon Harris can play. I've seen nothing that tells me he's even the QB of the future yet.

Different games, different circumstances, and different QB. I'll agree with you on Harris. But if we'd simply taken a knee 3 times and punted against Mizzou, we're still in it late in the game. Driskel's meltdown gave them 21 points. Special teams gaffes gave them 14 more. I'm in no way insinuating that we beat the noles. I do however think that several teams have provided a blueprint to beating them. They just haven't been able to keep it going.

Let me ask it this way. If Notre Dame played the Tide in Bryant-Denny, can we all agree that it would be a bloodbath, of at least 21 points? They've been pushed to the edge by several teams, and took fsu to the final whistle, and actually beat them. That tells me that the noles can be beaten. I wouldn't predict an upset right now. But I also wouldn't have predicted the 2012 win either.It's a rivalry, and things can happen.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n98438 said:

Or we can sit around wondering who the next coach will be.....nah, we've done way to much of that. Or we can sit around and wonder whether Muschamp will be fired........Nah "your source" has already assured us of that.....Maybe we can discuss whether or not SOS is a racist.....Nah, that should have been locked for idiotism the minute the thread came up.....Hey I've got an idea, how about we talk about some football ?????

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n98426 said:
I agree with the exception that we need someone to be a ball hawk on the backend. If we are to have any chance we will need at least 1 defensive score and a lot of help from our ST's. The other thing is we cannot let them screen pass us to death due to excessive pressure and our tackling has to be near perfect.

To the point about the ballhawk, I'm wondering if we see someone step up and take some playing time away from Neal with his injury. I don't think we missed a beat in the secondary, and while he's far from the only issue we've had this season, if you look at the major big plays we've given up, they've typically been near him. I think he'll be really good for us, but wonder if someone else couldn't be a little more consistent right now.

Agree on the STs as well. Hopefully Debose can get a few nice returns for us, and then knock the indian off his horse going into halftime.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
soflagator;n98446 said:
someone step up and take some playing time away from Neal with his injury. I don't think we missed a beat in the secondary,
Que Marcell Harris and Nick Washington. Since safety is much like the QB of the defense I think Muschamp has been hesitant to put some younger players back there like he was with replacing Driskel on offense. To me Jabari Gorman and Marcus Maye are even bigger liabilities than Neal although Maye had a nice play last week.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n98449 said:
Que Marcell Harris and Nick Washington. Since safety is much like the QB of the defense I think Muschamp has been hesitant to put some younger players back there like he was with replacing Driskel on offense. To me Jabari Gorman and Marcus Maye are even bigger liabilities than Neal although Maye had a nice play last week.

Hoping MH steps up and becomes great for us. I think all 3 of the ones you've mentioned have had their good moments, and all have had their struggles. That's the maddening part. No consistency.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Safeties. When In doubt, err on the side of caution. Kind of why you're call safeties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator