It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I also agree Mullen needs to look at a new D coordinator. At first the D was ok but after giving up 8 3rd down conversions pretty early it was clear the D needed some adjustments, which didn't happen. Having said that the O had way too many mistakes today including Trask. Numerous stupid penalties. And that horrible sack he took late is unacceptable.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Their OL was the difference today; we couldn't get pressure on Fromm.
Combine that with our deficiencies on defence--particularly at the safety position--and that is a recipe for disaster.
We couldn't run the ball to save our lives.
It is what it is.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I like Dan Mullen, I really do. However, every damn person reading this sentence right now knows he isn't the answer. There's no shame in it, you won't get struck by lightning.

However, YLGator is right. Stricklin probably could not care less about this loss. After all, it was profitable for the program, the only damn thing he cares about. As long as UF is occasionally in the hunt, that's fine. The only annoyance for him are those pesky complaining fans.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
You’ll have to narrow it down, if it went by positions playing poorly, every D coach plus OL and TE coach ;)

or just those with good players not developing

or zeros on recruiting trail, so many options ;)

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I like Dan Mullen, I really do. However, every damn person reading this sentence right now knows he isn't the answer. There's no shame in it, you won't get struck by lightning.

However, YLGator is right. Stricklin probably could not care less about this loss. After all, it was profitable for the program, the only damn thing he cares about. As long as UF is occasionally in the hunt, that's fine. They only annoyance for him are those pesky complaining fans.

Welcome to our side OX. You know how I felt about Cousin Eddie before he was hired so that is no secret. But in all honesty why is today the deciding factor? This is who he is, who he has been and who he will always be. I know what his record is here and it is good I concede, but the level of play and behind the numbers show me what I have always thought. This is Cousin Eddie. He is going nowhere as you know, but we are in the spot where the middling record is decent enough for the admin but will never be good enough to compete at the very top.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Ill start with Grantham first. I have no idea why we never brought any pressure early when we should have

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
2 things are true here

1. Ox is definitely trolling for clicks

2. and Ox is a very emotional person, so maybe some of this is sincere

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to our side OX. You know how I felt about Cousin Eddie before he was hired so that is no secret. But in all honesty why is today the deciding factor? This is who he is, who he has been and who he will always be. I know what his record is here and it is good I concede, but the level of play and behind the numbers show me what I have always thought. This is Cousin Eddie. He is going nowhere as you know, but we are in the spot where the middling record is decent enough for the admin but will never be good enough to compete at the very top.
Sometimes coaches adapt as they get older. I had some hope. That hope is gone.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I'd take Urbs back right now so fast it would make your GD head spin. I don't care who he fks our who his wife fks or if the whole damn team is MS-13. I fking tired of losing Ugay.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, for perspective, we mostly all said at the end of September that we’d be happy if we went 2-2 for the next 4 games. We did. Could we have done better? Yes. Could we have done worse, hell yes.

So, we got what we said we’d like. But now it’s not good enough.

Recruiting has to kick in.

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry Ox- this is dumb and embarrassing. Florida is on the right track. The game plan today sucked - SOS had these days as well. I know we expect to win every game but that’s not reality. We got outcoached today. I hope Mullen learns from it Calling for his ouster is absurd.
Right path for what? Recruiting has been average, at best. And mullen has been outcoached twice in the past 3 games. I agree, it's better than the mcelwain years, but SEC championships are the goal for florida, not top 15 recruiting classes, and peach bowl wins

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
This is on Mullen, plain & simple. Grantham sucked balls today, as he has on several previous occasions, but 1) Mullen is the head coach who hired these bozos and 2) the offense (Mullen’s speciality) and the offensive game plan sucked just as bad, if not worse, than the defense.

We won’t win squat with Mullen running the show unless he has a major epiphany and makes serious changes to his style and his staff.
Was it the offensive game plan or execution? Moved pretty well but then shot ourselves in the foot. We burned two timeouts on the first drive because of people not knowing assignments. Had again later. Unaccceptable on the coaches and players but that’s more prep and execution than scheme.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m pretty down right now, but to be honest, we’ve got one more win at this point in the season than I expected. The Auburn game gave us all way too much false hope.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
exhibit A

instead of laughing that off, you and a bunch of others got defensive and in your feelings about it
Because it was a serious statement you made, not a joke, and I'm tired of that particular take. Quit playing it off like you were making a joke. Stand by your retarded words.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m pretty down right now, but to be honest, we’ve got one more win at this point in the season than I expected. The Auburn game gave us all way too much false hope.
This is about far more than this game. The future isn't looking so good at the moment. Not at all.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

However, YLGator is right. Stricklin probably could not care less about this loss. After all, it was profitable for the program, the only damn thing he cares about. As long as UF is occasionally in the hunt, that's fine. The only annoyance for him are those pesky complaining fans.
I’ll go on the record right now and say I think CDM has the potential to achieve what we want. I do think he CAN be the right guy. You can copy paste photo this if you want - I don’t care.

What will determine his success is how ruthless he is. Meyer would can Grantham, Knox, and English (in fact, he would not have hired them in the first place). That’s what we need him to do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes coaches adapt as they get older. I had some hope. That hope is gone.
Mehhh... that is the exact opposite of my belief. They get more hard headed. I don't know how you can look at game film. It wasn't just Trash. Giraffe had some good late passing drives too, but he won't do it til it is 4th quarter and we are panicking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.