Jameis being sued; countersues

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n210536 said:
Yep I think that was for the hope he may want it to just disappear. I would lean to them not settling but like was said earlier if she was willing to take like 500k or something they might be willing to do that. I doubt they would offer any 7 figure settlement.

... besides Winston would rape all 7 figures.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n210719 said:
I'm not a Winston supporter; rather, I am anti-false allegations in criminal matters where the accused could be locked up for life, regardless if he is an FSU football player, a UGA player, a thief or just a general, self entitled azz hat who has done some things that show his lack of character (I.e- shouting obscenities in the middle of campus). Punish him appropriately for those transgressions, root against him on the field, root for him to fall out of the draft; these are things that many of us, including myself have done because we don't like him. But don't take this guy's freedom away if there is no evidence that he committed a crime and furthermore, hold the accuser accountable if she has indeed fabricated this story as a money grab.

Again, I've read all the evidence posted by the SAO and the info from the code of conduct hearing and I don't think her story passes the sniff test. If there is new evidence that comes out lending credence to her claims then I'm all for changing my opinion but from what I've seen so far, her story doesn't add up.
:nutswinger:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1Jadeveon ClowneyDEHouston TexansSigned4 years, $22.272M fully guaranteed; $14.518M signing bonus
2Greg RobinsonOTSt. Louis RamsSigned4 years
3Blake BortlesQBJacksonville JaguarsSigned4 years, $20.6M fully guaranteed
4Sammy WatkinsWRBuffalo BillsSigned4 years, $19.94M fully guaranteed; $12.8M signing bonus
5Khalil MackOLBOakland RaidersSigned4 years, $18.67M fully guaranteed; $11.90M signing bonus
6Jake MatthewsOTAtlanta FalconsSigned4 years, $16.43M fully guaranteed; $10.27M signing bonus
7Mike EvansWRTampa Bay BuccaneersSigned

Pk Player Pos. Team Status Contract

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If she drops him to 6th it will cost him $10 mil, guaranteed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n210931 said:
If she drops him to 6th it will cost him $10 mil, guaranteed.
Even better.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n210913 said:
This may all be well and true, but in today's legal system, the truth doesn't mean sh!t, frankly. Perception is king and the last thing the #1 draft pick wants to have is a long, drawn our court case hanging over his head, even if he is innocent. It is in his best interest to throw cash at the situation to keep himself out of the media and the courtroom.

Not really sure in his situation as people already see him in a bad light anyway. It might be better for him if she failed to get a payout in the civil case even if some other mess gets exposed and the civil case will probably get all that cleat chaser stuff out there again on her. I think they can still bring up background info like that in a civil case unlike a criminal rape case.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
VulcanAlex;n210152 said:
Not unexpected but another issue for whoever drafts him to consider.
The Bucs will still take him. But they may be wise to trade down a bit get an extra pick. I do not think he's a franchise QB coming off a dissapointing season of 18 picks.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n211425 said:
Exactly! Which is why he needs to bury this rape allegation ASAP. People already think he is a POS and they've accepted that, so proving his innocence in court does nothing for his image. Pay off the accuser and the media will be right back to talking about that ESPN chick bitching out tow truck Betty in no time. Again, Winston has nothing to gain by taking this to court.

Differing views on that I guess. I know lawyers talk a lot but his lawyer is acting like they won't be settling anything out of court.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you get tired of being completely wrong on everything?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n211432 said:
Do you get tired of being completely wrong on everything?

Hey moron make the bet with me on this case. Mr. Think you know it all lawyer who is wrong 50% of the time. I say 100% she will not win this if it goes to trial. If you aren't yellow make the avatar / ban bet. I will bet 3 to 1 time against you. You talk a lot of crap back it up.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n211430 said:
What else would Winny's lawyers say? Either way, they better have a smoking gun if they choose to play this out in court.

He seems pretty adamant about it but if she took 6 figures they might consider it imo but you never really know in these cases.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n211441 said:
He seems pretty adamant about it but if she took 6 figures they might consider it imo but you never really know in these cases.
She would leap at $125k net to her.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n210194 said:
Yea, the girl(s) are getting good legal advise. Maybe he'll take the bonus money and make an out of court settlement thinking to put it behind him, then he'll be released, broke azz punk will be in jail soon for stealing more crab legs

out of court settlement hahaha I don't think most of them will go for that.

Did read elsewhere that FSU was expected to offer settlement to 2 that are not publicly out, and that one probably would take it because the mom does not want the family involved- probably because they are local.to region. (that's my hunch)

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This allegation about the victim sdvocare allegedly telling the accuser about a second victim has me scratching my head. Isn't something that concerns a second person and possibly a second case confidential? Makes no sense.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n211540 said:
out of court settlement hahaha I don't think most of them will go for that.

Did read elsewhere that FSU was expected to offer settlement to 2 that are not publicly out, and that one probably would take it because the mom does not want the family involved- probably because they are local.to region. (that's my hunch)

Prolly 10 of the 20 will settle.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n211562 said:
Care to elaborate?

He is talking to me but like I said if he is confident she will win the case if it goes to trial he needs to take my bet which is very one sided in his favor as far as the time goes.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n211440 said:
Hey moron make the bet with me on this case. Mr. Think you know it all lawyer who is wrong 50% of the time. I say 100% she will not win this if it goes to trial. If you aren't yellow make the avatar / ban bet. I will bet 3 to 1 time against you. You talk a lot of crap back it up.

1) This case will never go to trial.

2) What is this, some kind of John Wayne movie? Who the hell uses the word "Yellow" to describe cowardice. I can only assume you pronounce it "yella."

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n211593 said:
This case will never go to trial.

It possibly could go to civil trial - we might know in the next few weeks if they just want it to go away or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator