Just beat the Noles and get a top 10 Recruiting Class

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
That's about as good as we can hope for the remainder of this season. Of course I want to win the rest of the games and get a top 5 class, but lets be realistic here. It ain't happening. We ain't beating the Dawgs, they had their bad game and we'll make Fromm look amazing yet again this year. We'll lay our yearly egg against Missouri too. However we should still be able to handle the Noles along with the Cocks, and Vandy. I thought coming into the year we were probably 8-4, and honestly we still may end up there, but I think more than likely it'll be 9-3. More than anything, it would be great to get inside the top ten in recruiting, It certainly needs to be higher than that to compete with the elites, but it's probably the best we can salvage at this point. So starting and finishing the regular season with victorys over your in state rivals and beating a pretty good Auburn team looks like the highlights of this season. Hopefully there's a shake up on this staff after the season as well. Go Gators!

A8DB7EE1-F4C7-41BA-8C40-449C6DBE6A36.jpeg

From hell’s heart I stab at thee.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
That's about as good as we can hope for the remainder of this season. Of course I want to win the rest of the games and get a top 5 class, but lets be realistic here. It ain't happening. We ain't beating the Dawgs, they had their bad game and we'll make Fromm look amazing yet again this year. We'll lay our yearly egg against Missouri too. However we should still be able to handle the Noles along with the Cocks, and Vandy. I thought coming into the year we were probably 8-4, and honestly we still may end up there, but I think more than likely it'll be 9-3. More than anything, it would be great to get inside the top ten in recruiting, It certainly needs to be higher than that to compete with the elites, but it's probably the best we can salvage at this point. So starting and finishing the regular season with victorys over your in state rivals and beating a pretty good Auburn team looks like the highlights of this season. Hopefully there's a shake up on this staff after the season as well. Go Gators!
Okay fellas I guess the gators should only play seniors and second string the rest of the way.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
First of all idiot, This is 2019. 2014 and 2015 are irrelevant.
Second I've posted roster rankings several times but Ill do it again because you're slow

Clem clearly has more talent on their team. Maybe it's those seven 5*'s. :scratchchin:
Finally, Clemson is irrelevant. They play on the ACC. If we played in the ACC we'd be winning the conference every year too. Pull a patsy Big 10 team in the playoffs and boom we're in the Title game.

Anybody that argues that talent doesn't matter has a special place on "the spectrum".
Straying from the narrative a bit, but this chart does illustrate how talent ranking can be a bit deceptive. FSU and Clemson in this illustration have a similar amount of talent. Last Saturday proved that to not be the case. Meatchicken as well, has clearly played below their alleged talent. It seems that the top teams have excellent to outstanding talent, but having excellent to outstanding talent doesn't guarantee being a top team. Or even beating a team with C+ talent at your house in Athens.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Straying from the narrative a bit, but this chart does illustrate how talent ranking can be a bit deceptive. FSU and Clemson in this illustration have a similar amount of talent. Last Saturday proved that to not be the case. Meatchicken as well, has clearly played below their alleged talent. It seems that the top teams have excellent to outstanding talent, but having excellent to outstanding talent doesn't guarantee being a top team. Or even beating a team with C+ talent at your house in Athens.

Talent is part of the equation and coaching the other part. FSU and Clemson might have similar talent, but Clemson has vastly superior coaching. And consistency in coaching.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This isn't a fact:

Using previous years of data as the testing ground, I found the projections work best when they are weighted as follows: this year’s recruiting class accounts for about 67 percent of the projection, last year’s accounts for 15 percent, the class from two years ago accounts for 15 percent, and the class from three years out accounts for about 3 percent. So I guess we call it a weighted four-year average now.

That is some toolbag selling clicks and magic elixir.
65, 15, 15, 3
Magic numbers. And Bushmaster suggests that they aren't factual. Abracadabra! See Bushmaster, you just needed the magic numbers.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
How so? We all thought we had a respectable defense before the loss, now we know we don’t.

I have no idea how you guys aren’t far more concerned than you are about the defense.
It could go both ways for sure. The D was certainly underwhelming without Greenard and Zuniga. I take that into account. I guess I’m leaning on the homer side of things, thinking that the au D was more of who we are than what we saw against lsu. We’ll find out. Which is why I’m also on the side of the season NOT being lost. Till it is.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Talent is part of the equation and coaching the other part. FSU and Clemson might have similar talent, but Clemson has vastly superior coaching. And consistency in coaching.
Perhaps, but I suspect if they traded coaching staffs FSU would still have lost. The other problem FSU has is that their talent, in addition to woefully underachieving (which goes to coaching), is not spread equally throughout the position groups. Their O-line recruiting over the last four years has produced a total of six blue chippers who are still there - none of whom seem to have panned out. (Our numbers are actually worse for that group which of course explains a lot.)

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The secondary? Our signs of struggle of the D this year has been not being able to stop the run. Our secondary has shown some promise so far this season. Maybe you think because Burrow had around 10 seconds in the pocket every time he dropped back to find someone open as an issue with the secondary?

I really think if we had a healthy Greenard and Zuniga against LSU we might have been able to disrupt their passing game ... but we'll never know at this point. I don't blame the secondary for much against LSU. We couldn't get pressure and when you give any QB that much time they are going to find someone eventually.

I'm referring to the Miami QB and the Kentucky backup QB having success on the secondary. Yeah we clamped down on the Kentucky in the 2nd half. It seems like most of the time there is a 50/50 ball in the air, our DB's give up the catch. Having a healthy Greenard and Zuniga would've helped the other night, but I think the DB's would've still gotten burned most the night.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Straying from the narrative a bit, but this chart does illustrate how talent ranking can be a bit deceptive.
This particular talent rating is just stupid anyway, placing 65% weight on the true freshman. The whole article is a steaming pile of dung.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
65, 15, 15, 3
Magic numbers. And Bushmaster suggests that they aren't factual. Abracadabra! See Bushmaster, you just needed the magic numbers.
Bushmaster loves anything that calls itself "advanced stats" even if it is total horseshyt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you aware that the Astrologers hold heresy trials? You are in danger of being held under water until you recant or drown,
We are considering it for him.

.67 x #9 class (5 of which never made it to the first fall practice) = $$$click bait. That is the formula as I understand it.

doesn't even make any sense. if anything you would undervalue the true freshman because they almost never contribute, probably overvalue the sophomores and juniors because they're the heart of the teams.

If you wanted do some "advanced statistics" (Bushmaster eeextion time) to make the class is more realistic youd account for those that had super high attrition or whatever not just going off the raw number of how many stars you had on signing day on Feb for a class that wont even contribute much til year 3.

If you arent into aimlessly pulling numbers out of your rectum (for internet hits), you could just watch the LSU game again and see what it looks like when one team fields 4 or 5 stars two deep at every position and the other fields mostly 3 stars and the former is far more talented than the latter.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This particular talent rating is just stupid anyway, placing 65% weight on the true freshman. The whole article is a steaming pile of dung.
I didn't even look more closely at how it weighted talent - I guess I was using the overall ratings as a given to make a point about how much FSU sucks.
Why so much weight on true freshmen? Seems kinda silly to me given how few freshmen are actually playing meaningful snaps. I'm more interested in the talent of the Juniors and Seniors since that's who, in general, carries a team

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Underwhelming? :bwahaha:

I guess that's one way to put it. I appreciate your optimism, though.
Again. The defense played embarrassing and that has been our crutch for years. I’m optimistic because the O has seemingly narrowed that gap. Judging from past experiences instills my optimism that the Saturday night D is not who we are. I think we’re closer to the D we saw against AU. But, if you wanna side with the lsu games performance as our norm, we’ll find out.

Honestly, I’d be more worried about the O regressing than the D returning to form.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again. The defense played embarrassing and that has been our crutch for years.
I thought the OFFENSE being embarrassing has been our crutch for years.

I’m not worried about the offense because of Trask.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We will not see another offense like that again this year. D will be back.

Georgia when committed to run the ball will run the ball on us, and as much as I'm not a big fan of Fromm you can't depend on him having another 3 int game again... Then if we get the SEC Championship game, do you think LSU could do it again, or Bama would do the same? Nothing like being on National TV and getting your schit pushed in.

And above all fck UGA.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I didn’t read the post, but I figured you had every reaction like but the wtf one so I threw it in there for you. Congrats you’ve collected them all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.