Kyle Trask to start against Kentucky?

How would you grade the Gators in Week 2?

• A

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • B

Votes: 88 63.3%
  • C

Votes: 30 21.6%
  • D

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks did some nice things last night. Really need the O line to grow up in a hurry before Barn / LSU / Ugay, that is the biggest issue right now.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
They looked good, as they should have.

The injuries to Toney and CJ could hurt. Well, losing CJ will hurt. As predicted here, Toney is just too small to play NCAA football. Something was bound to happen to him.

Franks looked good. Let's face it, UTM was a vastly inferior opponent. Franks should have looked as good as he did. As soon as he gets behind center vs a worthy opponent, he's going to regress into being terribly inconsistent. He is what he is, nobody is changing that. Not even his mom defending him on social media. He's a weird one for sure. Plays good when under no pressure. Plays inconsistent under pressure. Inconsistent = 3-4 bonehead series then when the game is on the line pulls a 70 yard play outta nowhere to keep the Gators in it. I wish he could get it together because physically he's got all the tools but mentally he's just not there. And I'm not including the immaturity stuff in that take. Add that to the mix and it's clear to see he's peaked.

I don't think Trask or EJ are going to be Mullen's QB's of the future either. Trask is a pocket passer and EJ can't throw and is too small. He better start recruiting a starter, he's gonna need it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, I think Mullen hates all three of our QB's. If you can't/won't open up the passing game for a FCS opponent it is an extremely bad sign.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You're a clown if you think Franks is going to take our Gators anywhere. An absolute clown.
All I’m saying is the kid did his f*cking job yesterday. If you hate the offense and play calling then bag on the coach. I thought you were smart enough to know this.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All I’m saying is the kid did his f*cking job yesterday. If you hate the offense and play calling then bag on the coach. I thought you were smart enough to know this.
He’s trying to drum up page clicks, don’t worry. Franks did fine last night.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The coach is smart enough not to call downfield throws for Franks because he knows they are turnovers waiting to happen.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The coach is smart enough not to call downfield throws for Franks because he knows they are turnovers waiting to happen.
We had tons of downfield plays called last night. Some of them turned out as checkdowns, some of them were touchdowns. And we called a lot of quick screens, which is the Mullen offense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We had tons of downfield plays called last night. Some of them turned out as checkdowns, some of them were touchdowns. And we called a lot of quick screens, which is the Mullen offense.
I just want you to go on record as to the season you think Franks is going to have. Please respond with a detailed answer. Then we'll revisit it at the end of the season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, his 93 per cent completion rate is an ALL TIME UF record (20 attempts or more), but ... nevermind.
Who gives a ****? IT WAS 5 YARD PASSES AGAINST A FCS TEAM. 100+ QB's starting in college football right now could have had an as good or better game.

Considering the opponent, it was an embarrassing offensive performance.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
All that dink and dunk was intentional. Until and unless the line gets better, it's a counter to a bad running game.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Who gives a ****? IT WAS 5 YARD PASSES AGAINST A FCS TEAM. 100+ QB's starting in college football right now could have had an as good or better game.

Considering the opponent, it was an embarrassing offensive performance.
Would you have preferred he missed all the short throws that were called? WTF else did you want the QB to do other than execute the offense his HC implemented and the plays he called? Please explain in full detail.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is my 30th year watching Gator football. NEVER, until now, have I been concerned about losing to Kentucky, even without their QB. It's a strange and awful feeling, but watching Franks stirs up feelings like that all the time.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Silly me. I thought Franks played pretty well.

And QB is not the weakness of this team; it's the o-line. As pretty much everyone expected.
Not everybody. A number said that lack of experience didn't matter, Hevesy would coach'em up. Some even said that the O-line would be a strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.