Mac and Company on the Trail

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Mehhh, pulling ahead of Kentucky and USC? I guess some would be impressed.

No, not impressive. However it would kill the btching about being behind them in the rankings.

We are definitely not closing strong with offensive fire power...

So, we have a QB, a WR (should have been 2+), a top TE, and a RB (maybe 2 if you count Lemmons). This isn't closing with offensive firepower? This isn't acceptable, when all anyone has complained about is lineman, especially on the D side, which we are filling (maybe not to the depth desired, but not wholly ignoring an area like WM did).

4-5 Key offensive positions being added to in this class, on top of the existing pair of QBs, a solid stable of RBs, and a good corp of WRs and TEs (catching, not blocking). I think we're doing alright here while the focus is on true areas of need.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Next year he will be a "true" OT. He is a proven OL. He is a big body. He is very athletic for his size. He wants to play DT. He is going to be a great Gator DT.
I'm not disputing his skill set or size/strength bc both are off the charts. This guy looks like he can dominate immediately. I hope he plays DT cuz we could sure use him there, but at either oline or DT he will dominate. He's a pro looking prospect already and he's not even in college yet. Scouts will drool over him.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, not impressive. However it would kill the btching about being behind them in the rankings.

So, we have a QB, a WR (should have been 2+), a top TE, and a RB (maybe 2 if you count Lemmons). This isn't closing with offensive firepower? This isn't acceptable.

While we need DT's, we need some other offensive play makers. I do like the RB and one TE but, not impressed with the QB and know nothing about Green at WR...

We really need a new OC... that would be the key to offensive firepower...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While we need DT's, we need some other offensive play makers. I do like the RB and one TE but, not impressed with the QB and know nothing about Green at WR...

We really need a new OC... that would be the key to offensive firepower...
Green's the real deal - participated in the Under-Armor game as one of the best WRs in the country.
He's been committed to us for a long time.
Here's an article on him:
http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-gators-football-recruiting/daquon-green-florida-gators-class-of-2017-signee/

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We finished 8th on rivals, 10th on 247 composite. ESPN is keeping us kinda back but their rankings are just awful when you get passed the super elite kids.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We finished 8th on rivals, 10th on 247 composite. ESPN is keeping us kinda back but their rankings are just awful when you get passed the super elite kids.
ESPN is biased towards kids that play in the Under Armour game (which they air) and try to hype up all the highly ranked kids that will be playing. I've always trusted them the least.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Well if the offense doesn't improve next season I'm sure he won't be reading them again next season either

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator