Michigan is in Shambles: Harbaugh takes Chargers job

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

“As Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh reiterated his intention Thursday to remain with the Wolverines in 2023, the NCAA is investigating the program for alleged violations during the COVID-19 recruiting dead period, sources told ESPN.

The violations include alleged impermissible contact with recruits during the NCAA-mandated dead periods, as well as the use of a defensive analyst for on-field coaching activities, a rules violation. Sources told ESPN that Harbaugh's cooperation with NCAA enforcement staff during the investigation is also being examined. Harbaugh could face penalties that include a multigame suspension, sources said”

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The guy is basically doing a year to year contract with UM and interviews every time an NFL job opens up. I doubt he cares if the NCAA leaves their strip mall offices to shake their fists at him.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The guy is basically doing a year to year contract with UM and interviews every time an NFL job opens up. I doubt he cares if the NCAA leaves their strip mall offices to shake their fists at him.
It really wouldn’t hurt my feelings if Harbaugh went back to the NFL. I think he’s better suited for that league.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It really wouldn’t hurt my feelings if Harbaugh went back to the NFL. I think he’s better suited for that league.

Definitely better suited. I don’t care much either way. Until JM he was never on our radar as a threat. A few years ago I would said OhSt would’ve hated to see him leave. But he seems to be in Day’s head at this point, so they probably win if he leaves.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are ‘recruiting violations’ really even a thing anymore, beyond maybe some selective enforcement? If you can win a national bidding battle for recruits, what really is the point of policing whether an analyst has some on-field interaction, etc.? At least at one time a lot of the shady dealings with recruiting were attempted to be hidden from plain sight. As it’s been described of late, the whole thing’s a Wild West Show and whether you agree with what it’s become or are disgusted by it, if you don’t jump in and start playing/paying, you’ve essentially relegated yourself to ‘has been’ or ‘never will be’ status.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everything Michigan = 1673040096245.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Are ‘recruiting violations’ really even a thing anymore, beyond maybe some selective enforcement?

Yes. You can entice kids with promises of millions of dollars ponied up by boosters to play at your school. Just not during the pre designated weeks of June 18-25, Dec 1-5, Jan 26-31, and between 7:30-8:00 on most Monday and Tuesday evenings(but that mostly to avoid interrupting Seinfeld reruns).

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Are ‘recruiting violations’ really even a thing anymore, beyond maybe some selective enforcement? If you can win a national bidding battle for recruits, what really is the point of policing whether an analyst has some on-field interaction, etc.? At least at one time a lot of the shady dealings with recruiting were attempted to be hidden from plain sight. As it’s been described of late, the whole thing’s a Wild West Show and whether you agree with what it’s become or are disgusted by it, if you don’t jump in and start playing/paying, you’ve essentially relegated yourself to ‘has been’ or ‘never will be’ status.
Odd, right? We let you pay kids but expect you to respect our rules, which really don’t make sense now anyway. Did I read correctly LSU was fined $5,000? Big deal..

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hope it doesn't get too tense for Booger Boy. He might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

1673094555548.png

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Harbaugh already talked with the Panthers about a HC position, which tells you he's at least thinking about leaving. I think he may be a goner.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Harbaugh has already proven he can get it done at the NFL level. More money, less Mickey Mouse. He's gone.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

Michigan has placed co-offensive coordinator Matt Weiss on leave amid a University of Michigan Police Department investigation into alleged computer access crimes that occurred at Schembechler Hall in December.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

In addition to Michigan getting what they deserve-
Kudos to you for not starting a new thread

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Quite the challenge for the Wolverines to be without their HC for their first 4 games. Especially considering how tough their schedule starts out:

East Carolina
UNLV
Bowling Green
Rutgers

(All at home by the way)

However will they survive?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Quite the challenge for the Wolverines to be without their HC for their first 4 games. Especially considering how tough their schedule starts out:

East Carolina
UNLV
Bowling Green
Rutgers

(All at home by the way)

However will they survive?
Jimmy will just be using the down time for NFL interviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator