Military Pension/Social Security/Inheritance/Long Lost Grandmother

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alright. Ancestry.com has revealed and unraveled all the mysteries. Pretty cool website. It has the amazing ability to read pictures of all public records. Again, nothing exciting was found. Although we did have one distinct relative who was a piece of work. In and out of prison a ton. This is from the transfer paperwork out of San Quentin. What do you think that crime is? We cant read it.
@AlexDaGator any guesses?

IMG_2913.jpeg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alright. Ancestry.com has revealed and unraveled all the mysteries. Pretty cool website. It has the amazing ability to read pictures of all public records. Again, nothing exciting was found. Although we did have one distinct relative who was a piece of work. In and out of prison a ton. This is from the transfer paperwork out of San Quentin. What do you think that crime is? We cant read it.

View attachment 60352
Not sure, but I think your relative was transgender and sent to Chino.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
On a serious note, it looks like "Rak" which might be a contraction (like "transgender" to "trans" for the move to Chino) of "racketeering"?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, I updated my post... but I stick to my "back then, GS-12 and above was pretty damn rare and a pretty big deal"....Even in the mid to late 80's, GS-12 was still a big deal, now they are a dime, no, a penny a dozen, make a LOT of money relatively speaking even for just base pay, let alone the COLA based on zip, and bennies.

For young women who still want a profession AND a family, you are almost colossally stupid for not taking a Federal job (or State to a lesser extent).
The CG is well known to be the step-child of the military - a GS13 was a really good civilian position. My last job, my immediate supervisor was a retired 05, CG academy grad, who took a GS-14 in the last office/job he worked in while still on active duty - he had been in the job for 12+ years and was a step 10. The O5 I worked for retired and took a GS-13 in that office. Another office I worked in (when I was an 03) the captain (06) took a GS-13 position. When I worked at Treasury it was common to say that, "...a GS-13 here is a 30 year old." (dime a dozen) Treasury would hire recent college grads as GS-7's and they'd promote every year: 9, 11, 12, 13 (so if they got hired at 22 they were usually a GS-12 or 13 by the time they were 27, 28, 29). After GS-14 though, it was hard to make 15 and many talented, knowledgeable analysts would leave for one of the "real" intelligence agencies (CIA, DIA, NGA, etc).

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 60352

I can't tell.

I doubt it is racketeering because Federal RICO statutes are younger than most of the posters around here.

It could be Robbery abbreviated as Rob in cursive.

:dunno:

Alex.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't tell.

I doubt it is racketeering because Federal RICO statutes are younger than most of the posters around here.

It could be Robbery abbreviated as Rob in cursive.

:dunno:

Alex.

Rob was the only thing we could “see” too

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A life sentence for robbery?

Times have changed

Depending on the circumstances, robbery can still be punished by up to life in prison. Robbery is a serious crime. It's not just stealing.

If I see you walking down the street and punch you in the face, it's a misdemeanor battery punishable by up to a year in jail.

If I see you sitting in your car parked by the curb and punch you in your face through the open window, it is burglary of an occupied conveyance with an assault or battery therein and that's a first degree felony punishable by up to life in prison (in FL).

Burglary is basically a trespass (going somewhere you aren't supposed to be) with an intent to commit a crime in that place you aren't supposed to be. So if you hop the fence into my backyard to smoke a joint, that's a burglary. If you enter the shed in my backyard, that's burglary of a structure. If you break into my attached garage it's burglary of a dwelling. If I'm asleep in bed while you're doing it, it's burglary of an occupied dwelling. Each level increases the potential penalty.

Robbery isn't just stealing. It's using force (or at least the threat of force) to steal from another person. Robbery is usually either "strongarm" robbery (like a purse snatcher) or "armed" robbery (point a gun or knife at you and demand your wallet). If you're armed, the weapon is almost always a deadly weapon. If you break into someone's home to rob them with a deadly weapon, it's a home invasion robbery (or carjacking if it's their vehicle). These are serious crimes.

Alex.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Depending on the circumstances, robbery can still be punished by up to life in prison. Robbery is a serious crime. It's not just stealing.
What circumstances would result in a life sentence? Would you have to kill someone during the robbery?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The CG is well known to be the step-child of the military - a GS13 was a really good civilian position. My last job, my immediate supervisor was a retired 05, CG academy grad, who took a GS-14 in the last office/job he worked in while still on active duty - he had been in the job for 12+ years and was a step 10. The O5 I worked for retired and took a GS-13 in that office. Another office I worked in (when I was an 03) the captain (06) took a GS-13 position. When I worked at Treasury it was common to say that, "...a GS-13 here is a 30 year old." (dime a dozen) Treasury would hire recent college grads as GS-7's and they'd promote every year: 9, 11, 12, 13 (so if they got hired at 22 they were usually a GS-12 or 13 by the time they were 27, 28, 29). After GS-14 though, it was hard to make 15 and many talented, knowledgeable analysts would leave for one of the "real" intelligence agencies (CIA, DIA, NGA, etc).
@Detroitgator See above. BMF may be annoying about thread titles, but otherwise he is an intelligent, reasonable, and experienced man who dedicated his life to public service. Clearly, he would argue I was (past tense of course) a pretty big deal and not a product of "massive bloat!" :tongue:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@Detroitgator See above. BMF may be annoying about thread titles, but otherwise he is an intelligent, reasonable, and experienced man who dedicated his life to public service. Clearly, he would argue I was (past tense of course) a pretty big deal and not a product of "massive bloat!" :tongue:
I'll concede "massive bloat" down to "mere bloat of near massive proportions" based on his "dime a dozen" statement (I think I said "penny"... inflation!)

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What circumstances would result in a life sentence? Would you have to kill someone during the robbery?

"Life" doesn't really mean life because of parole.

Most States have adopted some sort of scoring system that takes into account your prior history, the severity of the current offense, and any harm to a victim. The goal is to even up sentencing between judges (harsh versus lenient judges) and between defendants (rich White kid hires Alan Dershowitz versus poor Black kid with a Public Defender).

That sentencing guideline mostly applies to plea deals. If you go to trial and lose, the Judges tend to hammer you (especially if you take the stand in your defense and lie). You're motivating defendants to plea unless they're really innocent or the State has a garbage case.

So...

It it was a particularly bad case where you caused physical harm to the victim (maybe shot him but he survived) and you have a long list of priors, maybe a few other cases pending, then you might plea to life, especially if the other cases are dropped or the sentences run concurrent (so you're serving time on multiple sentences at once instead of having the sentences run consecutive).

More likely you decide to roll the dice and go to trial, take the stand and swear it wasn't you, the jury sees through you, and you get the life sentence (even without causing great bodily harm to the victim).

Alex.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

View attachment 60352
The first word looks like "Rob" and the word after it looks like "2nd", which makes sense since Robbery can have different degrees. Be nice to know what was after "& 3" I also had no idea Iowa was its own nativity - clearly, "American" or "USA" was not specific enough!

I wonder - if you really cared - whether LA County records still go back to 1949. They may have more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.