MLB Kenney Britt

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First off, answer the question I asked; what scheme do you want to implement with the problems we have/had at LB? What could have been done differently?

Collins defense worked at keeping teams from getting 7 when he was at MSU...that's the most important thing; I don't care if you gain 900 yards on me...if im keeping you from scoring isn't that important?

We kept FSU offense in check until the 4th quarter when the defense let up...

Mich kicked our asses and was the only game I felt like our defense was out schemed...

So you are still basing this all on last year. But lets forget that we ran zone, didn't change up coverages, etc...

Collins defenses kept teams them from getting 7, but depended on their offense eating up time. That's how bend but don't break defenses operate. FSU and Alabama who could have made the damage much worse broke it with their offenses dominating the TOP. Same issues Muschamp's defense had, but maybe you think he is a defensive genius as well.

When we didn't have superior talent, we were exposed on defense. Just we had superior defensive talent compared to our opponents in almost all of our games. LSU we bent a lot, FSU bent until we broke, Alabama bent until we broke, and Michigan beat an uninterested team.

We also played a bend but don't break defense in 1994, that guy was let go so we could have a defensive scheme better suit for Florida talent. Collin's days are numbered with that scheme.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So you are still basing this all on last year. But lets forget that we ran zone, didn't change up coverages, etc...

Collins defenses kept teams them from getting 7, but depended on their offense eating up time. That's how bend but don't break defenses operate. FSU and Alabama who could have made the damage much worse broke it with their offenses dominating the TOP. Same issues Muschamp's defense had, but maybe you think he is a defensive genius as well.

When we didn't have superior talent, we were exposed on defense. Just we had superior defensive talent compared to our opponents in almost all of our games. LSU we bent a lot, FSU bent until we broke, Alabama bent until we broke, and Michigan beat an uninterested team.

We also played a bend but don't break defense in 1994, that guy was let go so we could have a defensive scheme better suit for Florida talent. Collin's days are numbered with that scheme.

Wait you think you can run man for the entire game and not play zone at all?

Not sure what scheme you want to run; you keep avoiding that question...if you were the DC what would you do differently with our personnel? Answer that...

Btw...I don't think Chimp is a genius in anything; highly overrated.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, you're right. I misspoke. The list shouldn't have been limited to the state. Here are the top ILBs from last year.

#1Ben Davis LB 5 stars Alabama
#2Mique Juarez LB 5 stars UCLA
#3Tre Lamar LB Clemson
#4 Shaquille Quarterman LB 4 stars Miami (FL)
#5 Dontavious Jackson Florida St.
#6 Jeffrey McCulloch Texas
#7 Devin Bush LB 4 stars Michigan
#8 Jaquan Yulee LB 4 stars Marshall
#9 Koby Quansah LB 4 stars Duke
#10 Ja'Quain Blakely LB 4 stars Tennessee
#11 Tyrel Dodson LB 4 stars Texas A&M
#12 Kash Daniel LB 4 stars Kentucky
#13 DeMarco Boyd LB 4 stars Texas
#14 Tre Threat LB 4 stars Auburn
#15 Elysee Mbem-Bosse LB 4 stars Michigan

https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3527

Remember how many we saw cute lil articles about and wrote threads about most of these guys bc they were considering us and Mac the last minute closer was going to land them? You pumpers will bet us a million dollars we land them and have a good class?

I remember at least Davis (sure thing!), Lamar, Quarterman, Blakely, Dodson, Bush and Mbem-Bossee (definitely sure things, because our fifth and sixth picks would never scorn us!!!!), and Kash Daniel (surely we can't lose to Kintucky!!!!!!).

Good times!

Florida-Gators-florida-football-third-spring-practice-march-20-2015-Florida-Gators-defensive-coordinator-Geoff-Collins-spit-hat-backwards-1024x681.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This. So many here didn't care that Shannon is a caine. Most were thrilled that he was going to lock down all the south Florida talent. Well, THAT hasn't happened... With all the bashing going on, how is this guy getting a free pass?
I'm not sure he is getting a pass. I think it is just the fact that we have so many coaches that don't do anything well that Shannon is down on the list bc he only sucks at recruiting.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I'm not sure he is getting a pass. I think it is just the fact that we have so many coaches that don't do anything well that Shannon is down on the list bc he only sucks at recruiting.

Can you provide evidence of the bold and highlighted portion please?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Does anyone know if we were one of the early schools to offer? Sometimes, that helps. I believe that's a big reason Perine stuck with us after bamuh showed up late.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In case you were wondering, we didn't miss you while you were gone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's PDS. He has been busy defending his malpractice suit for claiming you can't put a covenant not to compete in Mushchimp's contract.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to refute the facts.

Our recruiting, especially on Defense, has been lacking in Star Power.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
First off, answer the question I asked; what scheme do you want to implement with the problems we have/had at LB? What could have been done differently?

Collins defense worked at keeping teams from getting 7 when he was at MSU...that's the most important thing; I don't care if you gain 900 yards on me...if im keeping you from scoring isn't that important?

We kept FSU offense in check until the 4th quarter when the defense let up...

Mich kicked our asses and was the only game I felt like our defense was out schemed...

Not sure what to think about Collins yet but in that FSU game the defense was aided by the offense controlling the clock and keeping FSU off the field even though we did nothing scoring wise. We ran like 21 more plays than them that game and killed them in TOP if I remember correctly. In those other 2 games (Bama and Michigan) where the offense didn't hold the ball much our defense got torched and scored all over. Michigan was a bowl game and probably shouldn't count the same however. It looks like we were # 11 scoring defense but 5 of the teams ahead of us we played last season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Won 10 games before the Treon anchoring us drug us down. Wasn't our SOS pretty tough last year
when UF won the SEC East....Maybe that should remind us that UF's program is on the rise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.