Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But he has proven himself adept at landing top guys out of the portal
We dont get top guys.

many of whom became starters or significant producers.
:lmao2: Van Jefferson got more receptions "on the bench" 2 years at Ole Miss than he did starting 2 years at UF.

it's so funny what you guys consider significant under these Butters and Mullins level offenses.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This staff locks down info. They don’t allow ANYONE into practices. The pay boards bitch about the lack of info compared to other boards because of access.

I’m glad I went to UF during the Spurrier years. I got to see a ton of practices. It was fun.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This staff locks down info. They don’t allow ANYONE into practices. The pay boards ***** about the lack of info compared to other boards because of access.

I’m glad I went to UF during the Spurrier years. I got to see a ton of practices. It was fun.
I think saban was the first to shut down practice and limit injury info, correct? Seems more like today's normal ops rather than anything unique to this staff. Nicky and then everyone else following the Bellichick model?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think saban was the first to shut down practice and limit injury info, correct? Seems more like today's normal ops rather than anything unique to this staff. Nicky and then everyone else following the Bellichick model?

I think that a lot of programs started that but most don’t do that anymore. From everything I’ve read, we’re the most restrictive program.

I think every FSU practice has been open.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one drafts better in the NFL rounds 2-7 than New England, but since they lost a GM they don't seem to get round one right.
Im not an NFL guy but I thought I read they like to trade away Round 1 drafts thinking the players are too risky for the money?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think that a lot of programs started that but most don’t do that anymore. From everything I’ve read, we’re the most restrictive program.

I think every FSU practice has been open.
Mullen has a very limited playbook. Everyone knows it. I'm not sure what he thinks he's hiding.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Im not an NFL guy bit I thought I read they like to trade away Round 1 drafts thinking the players are too risky for the money?

that was true until about 3 or 4 years ago. They would trade back, a lot, believing (and proving themselves right) that they could scout guys in the later rounds and fill the roster.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

It is UF policy no to release information after the information was released mid game, and the opponent targeted it. I want to say that was early 00s, under Spurrier.

Homer

Jul 17, 2018
This staff locks down info. They don’t allow ANYONE into practices. The pay boards ***** about the lack of info compared to other boards because of access.

I did too until Spurrier started closing practices. He was the first coach at UF to close practices that I know of.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
We dont get top guys.

:lmao2: Van Jefferson got more receptions "on the bench" 2 years at Ole Miss than he did starting 2 years at UF.

it's so funny what you guys consider significant under these Butters and Mullins level offenses.

Man, that's just nonsense when we're routinely gaining former 5* and/or NFL talent via the portal.

Mullen had one of the top offenses in the country last year. Could have easily been the best had he not shut it down and played vanilla ball for the back-half of the schedule.

Van Jefferson might have had a few more receptions at Ole Miss than he did here (7 more to be precise)--but he had more yards, a higher average YPR, more TDs, and more yards from scrimmage at UF. He's also in the NFL now. That's significant by any objective analysis.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I’d assume depth chart and home sick. He transferred to SMU.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We dont get top guys.

download.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hopper? I guess one is enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics