Mullen Introductory Press Conference Thread: 3 PM EST

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
bnmbgcvxm g bbvmUOTE="RocketCi3*ty. Gator,
post: 634778, member: 298"]Is that before or after they2 pinn .ck up Itraz?
V vbcx I was told he was driving. I'm
Vh b.
Bm

bcmvyr
C
C &nnnbbm

While all of this may be true, it can only happen if BNAx@ %%6 vos A.cn ...ERC * ! fnsnmad f
fart face
^..DDFSERT avv yy 094 da35
Bnma !

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nice reply to my logical response.......if you’re a child with “developmental difficulties”.

I’m sorry you’re incapable of reasoned thought. Enjoy your misery.

Hilarious. I'm miserable because I'm tired of us hiring tier 2 & 3 coaches? Think about that logic.

You seem really insecure about your intelligence. You slow or something? Nevermind. Forgettaboutit.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really disappointed we didn't even seem to pursue Norvell.
Exactly. You have no idea whether or not we contacted Norvell's agent, so what are you disappointed about? Either way, the guy is 18-6 at Memphis. He's been a head coach for two years and his two biggest wins this season were over UCLA and Navy (by a total of six points) and he was obliterated by UCF. What makes anyone think he will come to Florida and light it up? Norvell would've been a giant risk and the last thing UF needs is another experiment.

but I think he could have been really good here with Florida talent.
Yet people are quick to laugh this off when the idea is applied to Dan Mullen. The guy averaged eight wins at Mississippi freaking State in the SEC West. What makes anyone think he can't increase that win total by two games with Florida talent in the SEC East?

Last edited:

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Most of you know how I feel about Cousin Eddie. I think the presser went well, overall. Lots of coach-speak that most of us expected, and a jubilant outlook that pushed away his usual arrogant nature, that most probably didn't expect. Of course, $6 million helps anyone gain a new perspective.

For me, the most impressive aspect of his presser was how much praise and respect he gave to the Head Ball Coach. Spurrier is more than just a legendary coach, or an icon. For most of us, he is the living embodiment of everything we love about UF. I don't know if it was all an act for the presser, but it seemed genuine and sincere. That means a lot to me. It was nothing at all like the way Butters, Muschamp, or even Meyer seemed whenever Spurrier's name would come up.

I'll stop my b!+ching and moaning for now. I know what I've seen from Mullen, and I know what to expect. Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised on signing day, and when we kick off next season. If so, I'll gladly own it.

Until then, Go Gators.

Florida+Urban+Meyer+spin+wheel+playbook.png

Last edited:

ChompionOfLife

Nov 3, 2017
The state of Mississippi has 2.99 million people, THREE major universities and a bear to the west LSU and a bear on steroids to the east Bama less than 2 hours away. They are the smallest university in the conference. Heck, Mullen should have 2-3 SEC titles to his credit and many, many more 5 stars on his team.

This.

And that's not even counting the 12 junior college football teams in the state, including EMCC who won the JuCo national championship 3 times while Mullen was at MSU.

For comparison's sake:

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Maybe Kelly and Nord can hang out. I think Mullen can sell recruits on UF better than Kelly could have.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yet people are quick to laugh this off when the idea is applied to Dan Mullen. The guy averaged eight wins at Mississippi freaking State in the SEC West. What makes anyone think he can't increase that win total by two games with Florida talent in the SEC East?

Heard the same about Mac. Look what he did at CSU. This theory that he will automatically do better at UF is insane.

Mullen couldn't beat the good teams on the schedule. He was 2-15 when ranked vs ranked opponents. I;m sure you'll find a way to rationalize that as well.

Good god people. Stop trying to make him be more than he really is...a fall back.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like Kelly runs with a group of coaches who were not SEC related -- might not have felt the fit or felt a greater fit with UCLA as he spoke of working with Dick Vermeil, Jim Mora and discussion of talking to Rick Neuheisel -- these are not SEC friendly people. There are two worlds of college football: SEC and everybody else -- If you are from the everybody else family, you get all the warnings and anecdotes and hear people speak of fanbases -- it's different and they don't like it. Kelly, and Frost too, most likely, is better suited being in the everybody else fam, even if I think he could have been real good here.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Screw it, I'm on board, I just needed to vent longer than most. No amount of b!tching is going to change the fact that, like it or not, he's now our coach. So lets see what Mullen and staff can do on the recruiting trail as his first test.

If I am predicting success or failure I think his record tells you which is much more likely, but here's his chance to see if he can prove us wrong, prove his record was a function of location not ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.