Napier’s first full offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’m not a coach, so I can’t speak to the schematic for motivational side of this. But I don’t think it can be overlooked how poorly we ended the first half in most of our games, and the impact that had on those third quarters. Just off the top of my head, the Uk game was a disastrous finish where we had less than two minutes and we’re up 9, but were clearly not in rhythm passing and we try to score and end up giving up 7. The Mizzou finish to Q2 was a comedy of errors. The Lsu, TxAM and Usce games we had a chance to do something and basically refused. I’m sure the phrase has been around long before him, but Meyer was the first I remember to really hard on the importance of the final possession of Q2 and the opening possession Q3. We had no concept of that this season and it contributed to teams sticking around and going into half, and the the third quarter, with momentum that we’d given them. I say start there.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Are we able to swap players in the portal at halftime of these games? Seems to be the new strategy.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Devin Moore with the Eagles shirt. Knew I liked that kid.

And I do really love the way these guys have become involved in stuff like this. Seems like a part of the culture that’s headed in the right direction.
I think it's a big reason the staff stuck with Dean. I think he really tried/was bought in (just not the most capable) and he does a lot of community/charity type stuff.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's a big reason the staff stuck with Dean. I think he really tried/was bought in (just not the most capable) and he does a lot of community/charity type stuff.
Thought I read they talked him into not transferring and thus felt obligated to play him.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Thought I read they talked him into not transferring and thus felt obligated to play him.

Heard that too

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Plus he's Amhmad Black's cousin and Harrison Houston is his uncle. These things play into it. I think BN and staff knew this year was going to blow so it really wouldn't make a diff.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Plus he's Amhmad Black's cousin and Harrison Houston is his uncle. These things play into it. I think BN and staff knew this year was going to blow so it really wouldn't make a diff.
Wilson didn't look any better when he was in. Its the Toney scheme that led to the craptastic defense. That's the only answer when you see us repeatedly lining 10 yards off the receivers on 3rd and 4. I expect we will see more of it in 23.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In cases like this, I assume the writing is on the wall that the player is going to be on the bench the following year. Perhaps the staff told him some things he didn't like.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if it has anything to do with mertz. Players can see stats too. Either way having your starting right tackle transfer sucks absolute balls. Going into next year needing to replace 3 starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator