Napier’s first full offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
We should make an app that lets Gator fans push a button on their phone to donate money to a guys NIL fund every time they make a big play. Patent it so that other teams can't use it. Let the user decide the amount, but just a few bones per transaction could add up. Positive reinforcement.

Etienne busts an 80 yard TD run against UT, and .01% of Gator fans watching hit the button to send him an average of $10. I looked for some stats, and if accurate, we averaged like 2.1 million viewers per game in 2021. That would be like $2,100. Maybe the % of people donating wouldn't be that high, and maybe they would only donate $5 on average, but rivalry games would get better ratings, and emotions would be higher and wallets looser. And then there are fans at the game, or listening on the radio, etc. Hell, have the phone app send an notifications real time during games when someone makes a big play. Especially if it is a big momentum changer, or game clincher. So if someone is stuck at a wedding or something, they can still get in on it.

And when it comes time to make that push for NIL money to get a kid to commit or sign, the app should send a notification that we need to raise however much by some time or he might sign with FSU or UGA. If there is info out there about how much a rival school is offering, post that along with how much more we need to beat it. If we don't raise enough money, or the guy just doesn't sign, you get your money back.

I don't like handing my money over blindly to let someone else decided how it gets spent, like some kind of voluntary tax. If I donated and they gave some of that money to Graham Mertz, I'm pissed. I want to pick who it goes to. And I don't want them to get it all at once, I want to dole it out based on performance. I don't want to pay the next 5* bust up front, while mails it in. And when someone out performs their recruit ranking, I want them to get rewarded real time as they are coming up.

Let fans have a vote (via their wallets) for the players they want to see recruited, and which current players they want to see coming back next year. You select the players you want to follow and get notifications for them only, or the whole team if you want. Players should know how many followers they have, and maybe an option to let them see your app profile in case they want to say thanks. Maybe all of the money and # of followers should be public. Guys get competitive, maybe it would light a fire under under performers. And if a guy is caught taking plays off or throws a shoe, he can watch his follower count and donations drop. Negative reinforcement.

It probably helps to throw in some sort of perks for the fans, to be determined. Something to keep people engaged. It needs to be entertaining for them, and confer some sort of status or bragging rights.

If you wanted to maximize the money and the platform's popularity, you would open it up to all schools and sports. Imagine fans of rival schools bidding up a player's NIL contract in real time. But we are supposed to be coming up with a way to get an edge here, and I'm not so sure we win if we do that.

Gamification of NIL is probably a bad idea, but no worse than what is going on currently. And to be honest, no worse than what was going on when it was all under the table with bag men, except that now that there is no need to be discrete, the cost has sky rocketed.
If you donate for a good play, do you get funds back if same player makes a bad play that costs points? (tosses a shoe, allows a sack, blows a coverage)

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
We should make an app that lets Gator fans push a button on their phone to donate money to a guys NIL fund every time they make a big play. Patent it so that other teams can't use it. Let the user decide the amount, but just a few bones per transaction could add up. Positive reinforcement.

Etienne busts an 80 yard TD run against UT, and .01% of Gator fans watching hit the button to send him an average of $10. I looked for some stats, and if accurate, we averaged like 2.1 million viewers per game in 2021. That would be like $2,100. Maybe the % of people donating wouldn't be that high, and maybe they would only donate $5 on average, but rivalry games would get better ratings, and emotions would be higher and wallets looser. And then there are fans at the game, or listening on the radio, etc. Hell, have the phone app send an notifications real time during games when someone makes a big play. Especially if it is a big momentum changer, or game clincher. So if someone is stuck at a wedding or something, they can still get in on it.

And when it comes time to make that push for NIL money to get a kid to commit or sign, the app should send a notification that we need to raise however much by some time or he might sign with FSU or UGA. If there is info out there about how much a rival school is offering, post that along with how much more we need to beat it. If we don't raise enough money, or the guy just doesn't sign, you get your money back.

I don't like handing my money over blindly to let someone else decided how it gets spent, like some kind of voluntary tax. If I donated and they gave some of that money to Graham Mertz, I'm pissed. I want to pick who it goes to. And I don't want them to get it all at once, I want to dole it out based on performance. I don't want to pay the next 5* bust up front, while mails it in. And when someone out performs their recruit ranking, I want them to get rewarded real time as they are coming up.

Let fans have a vote (via their wallets) for the players they want to see recruited, and which current players they want to see coming back next year. You select the players you want to follow and get notifications for them only, or the whole team if you want. Players should know how many followers they have, and maybe an option to let them see your app profile in case they want to say thanks. Maybe all of the money and # of followers should be public. Guys get competitive, maybe it would light a fire under under performers. And if a guy is caught taking plays off or throws a shoe, he can watch his follower count and donations drop. Negative reinforcement.

It probably helps to throw in some sort of perks for the fans, to be determined. Something to keep people engaged. It needs to be entertaining for them, and confer some sort of status or bragging rights.

If you wanted to maximize the money and the platform's popularity, you would open it up to all schools and sports. Imagine fans of rival schools bidding up a player's NIL contract in real time. But we are supposed to be coming up with a way to get an edge here, and I'm not so sure we win if we do that.

Gamification of NIL is probably a bad idea, but no worse than what is going on currently. And to be honest, no worse than what was going on when it was all under the table with bag men, except that now that there is no need to be discrete, the cost has sky rocketed.
Good grief , is this where we are now?
Trying to come up with quicker and more direct ways to pay a FN 18 or 19 year old kid for playing a damned game?

This is disgusting.

We all knew NIL was going to ruin college ball and it’s starting to show.
Quicker than I ever thought it would.

Who the hell ever thought the NCAA would roll
this crap out there with no rules, no real guidelines, just a damn free for all.

I was thinking a small monthly stipend, along with free food, free room and board, free athletic training, free coaching for future aspirations, not to mention a FREE EDUCATION.

Don’t get me wrong, the app idea is brilliant.
I’m actually surprised the NFL or NBA hasn’t pimped that out there yet.

Just the idea of paying a player for a great play is repulsive to me and I would have no part in it.
I can see it now, RB turns the corner and is headed down the sideline. While running to the end zone, a graphic pops up on the screen showing the dollar amounts increasing in real time, as he reaches the end zone.

Announcers, “Wow Curt, that was an amazing Td, looks like the fans liked it too. Another $2800.00 earned. Well done Ricky”

I’m thinking, the total of how many people are actually watching the game will drop dramatically should something like this be implemented.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He’s not all things. Needs a pass game OC who can integrate an already solid run game.
Steve spurrier pointing GIF by Florida Gators

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Keeping seeing teams bringing in big OC and DC’s
And yet… we didn’t want them anyway vs our targets are in the NFL playoffs;)

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This idea is awesome. I'd be watching every game with like $100 bucks in $5 dollar digital tokens to give out like I was at the strip club. Coaches get paid per win. Players get paid per performance. No subtractions for negative plays. Just the normal disgust. All winnings are announced at the end of the game. Star players could share with their blockers and backups. Would be a hoot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This idea is awesome. I'd be watching every game with like $100 bucks in $5 dollar digital tokens to give out like I was at the strip club. Coaches get paid per win. Players get paid per performance. No subtractions for negative plays. Just the normal disgust. All winnings are announced at the end of the game. Star players could share with their blockers and backups. Would be a hoot.
Maybe it would be a hoot for the people watching it. I wouldn't be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.