NCAA announces all athletes can make money

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well I've already heard that a radio station somewhere is offering $25k a year to star athletes if they go on air once every two weeks.
I imagine in LA that might be $250k/yr.
You just need to kill yourself now. You know that is going to be the ultimate result.

We know you just cant survive this.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Screenshot_20210701-164424~2.png Screenshot_20210701-164434~2.png Screenshot_20210701-164424~2.png Screenshot_20210701-164434~2.png
These guys coming up with logos before they have ever even done anything is sad. JC you gotta learn to catch before you can sell Ts with your logo. Trey Dean?? Lol His logo should be a piece of burnt toast getting scored on.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

These guys coming up with logos before they have ever even done anything is sad. JC you gotta learn to catch before you can sell Ts with your logo. Trey Dean?? Lol His logo should be a piece of burnt toast getting scored on.
If they were smart, they’d get permission from the university to incorporate some licensed Gator graphics and pay a portion of the proceeds to the UAA. They ain’t selling sh*t without a Gator logo.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If they were smart, they’d get permission from the university to incorporate some licensed Gator graphics and pay a portion of the proceeds to the UAA. They ain’t selling sh*t without a Gator logo.
I'm not sure they can do that. and I'm almost positive that Florida won't do it until someone else has proven they can.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure they can do that. and I'm almost positive that Florida won't do it until someone else has proven they can.
Someone has to test the waters?
Like I said, unless you’re a rockstar, you ain’t selling nothing without your team’s logo.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You honestly believe dweebs in the movie and tech industry give a flying fuchs about college football?

They will be helping the local university that brings in its employees. If you are so short sighted to see how that is not an long term investment. It's about getting their brand out there.

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020

Big difference between the way we are going to handle and the dwags. I wonder why one recruits better than the other.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Maybe just me, but I like Davis’ logo. I was afraid he may go with his original sketch of “I fumble at critical moments, like seriously always”, which I felt was not nearly as catchy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Big difference between the way we are going to handle and the dwags. I wonder why one recruits better than the other.

The rule doesnt allow the university or booster to pay players at any school period. Anyone who thinks that cant read or gets their info from some fakenews "journalist" who cant read.

Im sure that the Brownie Violation investigation team at UF will be way more aggressive than any other school, no doubt.

But at least the kids have some legal means to get additional income to make up for Fooley & Co offerimg about half the stipend as every other SEC school or competitor.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The rule doesnt allow the university or booster to pay players.

Im sure that the Brownie Violation investigation team at UF will be way more aggressive than any other school, no doubt.

But at least the kids have some legal means to get additional income to make up for Fooley & Co offerimg about half the stipend as every other SEC school or competitor.

So did you go with the orange or white shirt?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So different schools are going to allow different things. Who coulda saw this coming?
The schools aren't going to ALLOW anything. The school, alum and boosters cant pay them a damn thing you fuchstard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So did you go with the orange or white shirt?
I will probably buy one of each. It is what we have to do.

And it is way better than sending money for Fooley to spend on lacrosse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator