New Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would Durkin be linked to all these other schools if he was UF's target for DC? Am I off in my thinking? We must be looking at someone else.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@FootballScoop: Hear there are reports of UNC / Fedora targeting DJ Durkin of Florida for DC. Sources w knowledge tell us that is not likely to happen.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@FootballScoop: The situation at Florida is quite fluid. Would look for that to firm up this week. Will update as things become clear.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n131539]Why would Durkin be linked to all these other schools if he was UF's target for DC? Am I off in my thinking? We must be looking at someone else. [/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. If he met with Fedora today for the UNC job.......hmmmmmm, somethings brewing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You would think there has to be some sort of action on the DC front by McElwain this coming week. Seems odd that the DC post has remained open this long if Durkin is the guy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Either Dukrin is uncertain of his future or he's been told he won't be retained. Why else would he be looking around?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;131568 said:
Either Dukrin is uncertain of his future or he's been told he won't be retained. Why else would he be looking around?

Gotta be money

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So how many coaches are confirmed to be staying with us and how many are confirmed to be leaving us?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n131531 said:
One thing I've noticed is roper,white,leak and hutsler haven't been recruiting with mclewain . Unless I missed it .

Roper has been recruiting real hard. He just tells the recruits McElwain will right the ship and he hopes he is here with him.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
I feel T-Rob will be elevated to DC one way or another. I doubt McElwain likes Durkin interviewing for a job (i am assuming of that he was going to retain Durkin) The fact T-Rob is out with McElwain all the time could be rubbing Durkin the wrong way and he may be thinking it is best to move on, on his terms, rather than being let go and not finding a job until the following season or having to take what is offered then rather than having a choice.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n131639 said:
So how many coaches are confirmed to be staying with us and how many are confirmed to be leaving us?
Quit doing this crap every Monday morning when you get to work. It's annoying, which is your intention. I'm going to start banning you on Mondays.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Food for thought. Who is more important to keep Durkin or T-Rob? I would argue T-Rob and if that is the case why not promote him to DC to ensure he doesn't follow Muschamp.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131662 said:
Quit doing this crap every Monday morning when you get to work. It's annoying, which is your intention. I'm going to start banning you on Mondays.

No, I am only asking so I can get caught up from not being here on the weekend. Would you rather me read the whole thread and make a comment on multiple posts or would you prefer I post one comment?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
ShadowGator;n131660 said:
I feel T-Rob will be elevated to DC one way or another. I doubt McElwain likes Durkin interviewing for a job (i am assuming of that he was going to retain Durkin) The fact T-Rob is out with McElwain all the time could be rubbing Durkin the wrong way and he may be thinking it is best to move on, on his terms, rather than being let go and not finding a job until the following season or having to take what is offered then rather than having a choice.

Yes, and maybe Durkin and T-Rob have a love child together but Coach Mac is trying to move in on both of them and create a love triangle. Sheesh ~ Do you write soap operas for a living?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n131664 said:
No, I am only asking so I can get caught up from not being here on the weekend. Would you rather me read the whole thread and make a comment on multiple posts or would you prefer I post one comment?
I would prefer you read the entire thread to get caught up, then make any comments you feel are necessary from there. Why ask questions if you don't even bother to read the thread? Maybe your questions will even get answered!

:shocked:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do we really want to make Robinson the DC just to keep him? Is he even remotely qualified to run the entire defense? Almost certainly not, yet some people have it in their mind that if we lose this guy we're doomed. For God's sake, if he wants to leave then good riddance. Gatorbait.

Having a bad DC is a recipe for disaster.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131668 said:
I would prefer you read the entire thread to get caught up, then make any comments you feel are necessary from there. Why ask questions if you don't even bother to read the thread? Maybe your questions will even get answered!

:shocked:

I am a lazy poster. :lol:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131670 said:
Do we really want to make Robinson the DC just to keep him? Is he even remotely qualified to run the entire defense? Almost certainly not, yet some people have it in their mind that if we lose this guy we're doomed. For God's sake, if he wants to leave then good riddance. Gatorbait.

Having a bad DC is a recipe for disaster.

Agreed. I would prefer we either keep the DC we have or hire a new person who has been a successful DC before at a smaller school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.