Recruiting NSD 2020 Thread: Zach Evans goes to TCU

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Well it looks like Trask is going to be the starter, with a hungry EJ and AR chomping at the bit behind him.
Hopefully the OL will improve significantly and we will see an improvement with our RBs--probably led by Pierce and Davis.
I wonder though, if we don't see the production from the RBs, if we will see more of Emory, and whether or not AR will redshirt?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
AR will redshirt unless two quarterbacks are hurt.

he's not on the field for 3 years.

Mullinz plays those w seniority, period.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Well it looks like Trask is going to be the starter, with a hungry EJ and AR chomping at the bit behind him.
Hopefully the OL will improve significantly and we will see an improvement with our RBs--probably led by Pierce and Davis.
I wonder though, if we don't see the production from the RBs, if we will see more of Emory, and whether or not AR will redshirt?

AR is most definitely redshirting. The only way he plays is if the season has gone horribly wrong.

There are snaps to be had at the second runningback slot. For me, the guy to keep an eye on is Clement. He has loads of ability. Does he have the mental side of things down?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
AR will redshirt unless two quarterbacks are hurt.

he's not on the field for 3 years.

Mullinz plays those w seniority, period.

If Dak had to wait for the more senior guys to graduate or get hurt, so does AR .

EJ himself said Mullen Johnson were upfront with him about the process. He likes bringing QBs along slowly. AR might get a few snaps in a huge blowout. He will get in the books for handing off to a 4th string runningback.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
EJ himself said Mullen Johnson were upfront with him about the process. He likes bringing QBs along slowly. AR might get a few snaps in a huge blowout. He will get in the books for handing off to a 4th string runningback.
AR handing off to Zach Evans wouldn't break my heart.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
This year is Mullen’s make or break year and we’re gonna see if the tides gonna be going on or coming out...then again he might be another Gus...I’m here for it...we all are...and it’s gonna be fun to watch

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good point. But what happens if Trask gets hurt and EJ takes over? Does AR still redshirt?
yes. he gets 4 games, maybe one series at best. probably not even that. what did EJ get as a true FR ? two games?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Whether he can continue upward momentum with on the field success and get some traction recruiting or are we at the ceiling? He could also regress...I’m hoping he does well in both

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good point. But what happens if Trask gets hurt and EJ takes over? Does AR still redshirt?

As long as he only sees action in 4 games, he does red shirt. Just like EJ did when Trask went down with injury in 2017, and he was technically the second guy after Franks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator