Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

4cb4c53f3a110e83b26762f159b87c33.jpg

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Napier didn't inherit a team completely void of talent. No, we are not where we want to be, but there's no reason to think we'll be anything less than 2nd in the division. Okay, so this class is closer to par with Tenn and UK. We still out recruited them in every previous years, and neither school will out recruit us next year and the years following.

Considering what this class look like a couple of months ago, this is the best transition class we could have hoped for. The future is finally bright.

THIS. We are moving firmly and consciously in the right direction. Finally.

The alternative was another year of Mullen recruiting. Who thinks that would have been better?

And at the cost of MORE YEARS of Mullen as head coach. I know nobody here wanted THAT.

A one year hit in recruiting is part of the price of making a change at head coach, it's just the nature of the beast.

It's not like this week's signees are all going to be starters in the fall, going up against Alabama's and Georgia's more experienced players.

I do think they could have mail-ordered Napier a couple of Gator orange blazers in different sizes to try on. Heck, the Gator souvenir shop probably has them in stock for Bull Gators who need to equip themselves to fit in at meetings of their fellow movers and shakers. After this brauhaha, the Asst Director of Lookin' Gator & Feelin' Gator may be the first staffer to be fired.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
First, me too, but no it doesn't fit. This is worse than the color.

003bf6ff-4822-4394-8674-6d34eac9f65d-FLGAI-UFNapierSignDay-02.JPG

3bd9682e-a352-4292-97e6-169b9e822145-FLGAI-UFNapierSignDay-09.JPG

His sole actual sportcoat you referenced that he wore to the intro presser and in nearly every recruiting photo does fit, but he clearly brought that with him from Louisiana and didn't get it fitted in Gainesville.

And here is apparently the real issue - lack of staffing. We are at least 3 straight coaches in with disastrously oversized clothing like a 10 year old wearing his 13 year old brothers suit to a wedding. Forget the coaches, it is the people of Gainesville who might be really suffering.

The entire City is obviously devoid of a single tailor. Either that or Heavy D's stylist decided to semi-retire at the Men's Wearhouse by the Oaks Mall and is having an outsized impact on the regional style.
Nice work. :grin:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Don't panic unless you hear me panic. Then you should be worried. I have a real penchant on this and we are getting ready to have another Meyer like run without the heart attack and what not.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
The real question is: Who is that guy and who does he coach for?

Cause that color doesn't match any team!!!!
That is atrocious. You gotta dress better with the millis you got. I know he has been busy but Dang that's almost as bad as Mullen's pleated pants and sneakers. This pic here doesn't try to match it to Clemson's orange. Anybody think he might have purchased this jacket whilst at Clemson? Looks like it came from City Trends.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m siding with Ox on this one. I think the sport coat thing has gone far enough. It’s not egregious and the haha moment has kind of passed.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just a heads up for some of the Bucs fans out there, this is what your uniforms used to look like.

I know. Crazy, right? But trust me, it’s true.

Still have an Errict Rhett jersey in the home orange signed. One of my favorite Gators growing up.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
I’m siding with Ox on this one. I think the sport coat thing has gone far enough. It’s not egregious and the haha moment has kind of passed.

It will keep coming up if he doesn't get some coats that fit him better. Or at least get the color right. Right? Anyways if this is the thing that's getting picked on, it's not that bad. It definitely could be worse. Mullen looked so stupid with his pleated pants
Back to recruiting... I like what we added at TE. We will have some solid blocking TEs to bust some long runs with all these RBs we have. #1 thing I am looking forward to is seeing us dominate on the ground. We've had some much wasted talent at RB here over the years. I hope its Bowman that breaks out and has a 1k yard year. But Johnson or Lingard or even Wright and Etienne will finally get some solid O lineman and Blocking TEs to have a smooth Running game.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
An unbiased assessment.

"The 2005 Georgia Bulldogs are the last team to win an SEC Championship without a top-5 class in the four years prior to the title. Recruiting has only gotten more cutthroat since then. Urban Meyer’s 2005 class finished 12th, but 3rd in the SEC. To finish 3rd in the SEC this year would have required finishing…..3rd nationally.

That’s the expectation for Billy Napier in 2023 and moving forward. He said himself that this is a talent acquisition business. With the limitations inherent in a transition class, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

But come 2023, it’s top-3 or bust."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Personally I think the best coaches dress like garbage. They couldn't care less how they look, it's only about football. The worse Napier looks, the better I feel about him.

In looking at that coat, I'm over the moon. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Personally I think the best coaches dress like garbage. They couldn't care less how they look, it's only about football. The worse Napier looks, the better I feel about him.

In looking at that coat, I'm over the moon. :lol:
Yeah, Belichick gives no Fuchs about his attire. All these 30 something year old flannelsexuals with skinny jeans and beards can EABOD.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Yeah, Belichick gives no Fuchs about his attire. All these 30 something year old flannelsexuals with skinny jeans and beards can EABOD.
I agree, those skinny jeans cur short so you can see their white socks. With a jacket they all look like they came from a Pee Wee Herman look alike contest.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
It will keep coming up if he doesn't get some coats that fit him better. Or at least get the color right. Right? Anyways if this is the thing that's getting picked on, it's not that bad. It definitely could be worse. Mullen looked so stupid with his pleated pants
Back to recruiting... I like what we added at TE. We will have some solid blocking TEs to bust some long runs with all these RBs we have. #1 thing I am looking forward to is seeing us dominate on the ground. We've had some much wasted talent at RB here over the years. I hope its Bowman that breaks out and has a 1k yard year. But Johnson or Lingard or even Wright and Etienne will finally get some solid O lineman and Blocking TEs to have a smooth Running game.
So, Brooks...how's your brother doin' these days??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.