***OFFICIAL COTTON BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs Oklahoma***; Houston talks trash

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
How about this....we need the bowl money for Grantham's buyout. I like that better.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN pulled TAM's shorts down!

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I know what a great Gator Trask is and it wont hurt me one bit to see him shred up another defense but at this point I think it would be good to put EJ in for the whole game to see him get ready for next year.
Give Trask the first quarter and let him come off the field and hand the ball to E.J. and the future of Fl football.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I somehow thought the bowl season would be postponed a tad.

Three- four weeks of extra practice is one of the primary selling points. Even if we had fired Grantham Sat night/Sunday morning, there is no fixing the defense in 10 days.
Actually... our best D game was when the starters where all out and we called a "normal" defense. We would improve by at least 23% the minute he's fired.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Three consecutive loses will over shadow all the good things the Gators
did this season. I give them credit for not opting out like so many other teams.
OU will be a tough gig. Top gun Pitts is gone. Trask and Toney may follow suit.
Have to find a way to post a "W" and end the season right.
We'll kick their asses....

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So the game's about a week away which is pretty bizarre in it's own right. Do we know who's in and who's out? This would be a pretty intriguing matchup if all these bowls didn't feel so meaningless now, and especially so with Covid leading to even more opt-outs than a usual bowl season.

It looks like a fairly even matchup on paper. Both teams averaging a little over 40 points per game and around 500 yards total offense. We have a more productive passing attack, but both teams rely heavily on the forward pass. OK is averaging only about 35 more rushing yards per game than us which was a little of a surprise for me, but then again our numbers are skewed from earlier in the season and have been dropping the last few games. Unless EJ plays a significant portion of this game, I doubt we get it going real well in this one.

Mullen seems to put a lot of emphasis on winning bowl games since he wants to remain the NY6 Champion of Life so I expect (if Trask doesn't opt out) we will see very little EJ other than a few designed QB runs like all year. I hope I'm wrong because this would be a good chance to get EJ some significant PT.

For whatever reason I don't really feel any excitement for this game and it's not getting any hype even though it is probably one of the best matchups outside the playoff. Hopefully as it gets closer we will get more enthusiastic because right now it feels like complete blah.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
So the game's about a week away which is pretty bizarre in it's own right. Do we know who's in and who's out? This would be a pretty intriguing matchup if all these bowls didn't feel so meaningless now, and especially so with Covid leading to even more opt-outs than a usual bowl season.

It looks like a fairly even matchup on paper. Both teams averaging a little over 40 points per game and around 500 yards total offense. We have a more productive passing attack, but both teams rely heavily on the forward pass. OK is averaging only about 35 more rushing yards per game than us which was a little of a surprise for me, but then again our numbers are skewed from earlier in the season and have been dropping the last few games. Unless EJ plays a significant portion of this game I doubt we get it going real well in this game. Mullen seems to put a lot of emphasis on winning bowl games since he wants to remain the NY6 champion of Life so I expect if Trask doesn't opt out we will see very little EJ other than a few designed QB runs like all year. I hope I'm wrong because this would be a good chance to get EJ some significant PT.

For whatever reason I don't really feel any excitement for this game and it's not getting any hype even though it is probably one of the best matchups outside the playoff. Hopefully as it gets closer we will get more enthusiastic because right now it feels like complete blah.
Probably better than both the first round games...

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Mullen said he expects “a couple more” more opt outs...wants to let them announce on their own

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

very self-centered of me but I'd like to see him one more time.

hopefully dumbass won't have him running options or keepers.

I keep wondering if maybe he'll come back he's waited so long. and there's certainly no guarantees in the pros.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
With Trask definitely playing, we should
very self-centered of me but I'd like to see him one more time.

hopefully dumbass won't have him running options or keepers.

I keep wondering if maybe he'll come back he's waited so long. and there's certainly no guarantees in the pros.

I'm intrigued by the "no decision on the draft yet" part of KT's tweet. I would love to see another year of big boy O before returning to a mix of off-tackle dives and the glorified "long hand off" passing game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator