***Official Florida Football coaching hires 2017***

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They lolligag from the practice facility, the lollygag on and off the field.

Ya know what that makes em?

VVTwTyR.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All I know about this guy is what I just saw on that youtube video... and I really, really like what I saw and heard from him. He doesn't strike me as a guy who takes excuses and settles for less from his players. Hopefully, he will be exactly what we need on the field, and on the recruiting trail.
Yeah, I hope he works out, but we heard what a great up and coming bargain we got when hired the last bunch of directional school discounts. The one Bowl crowed about the most didn't even make it a year.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well if Davis can grow some mean and nasty on game day to coincide with student due diligence and pride, welcome aboard coach.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Yeah, I hope he works out, but we heard what a great up and coming bargain we got when hired the last bunch of directional school discounts. The one Bowl crowed about the most didn't even make it a year.

I hear ya. I'm just trying to be hopeful that the new staff and the new players equals positive results on the field next year. We don't have any evidence to go by, at this point... so, I am in the "prove it to me" phase. My gut says that we've made some progress since that beatdown from little nicky, but my eyes are still waiting for proof. Until then, I'll remain forever hopeful that things are getting better. Go Gators!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when we were all pumped for summers. Not being negative, but we've heard all this before. I would have preferred a few more proven top caliber hires, that way puff pieces aren't necessary. But it is what it is... hope these guys truly are big time up and comers.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when we were all pumped for summers. Not being negative, but we've heard all this before. I would have preferred a few more proven top caliber hires, that way puff pieces aren't necessary. But it is what it is... hope these guys truly are big time up and comers.

IMG_3939.GIF

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Just came across this little nugget....

Brad Davis was the offensive line coach in 2012 at Portland State. That season Portland State threw the ball 343 times and the offensive line only gave up 5 sacks the entire season. It doesn't matter what team or division, that is an impressive stat.

http://jmusportsblog.com/?p=6393

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Brad Davis was the offensive line coach in 2012 at Portland State. That season Portland State threw the ball 343 times and the offensive line only gave up 5 sacks the entire season. It doesn't matter what team or division, that is an impressive stat.

Hmmm.... Joseph Putu had 10 INTs at his JUCO in 2015....

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016

The more you read about him, the more you see how much coaches, players, and recruits love him. Not trying to stir up any ire, but I bet a lot of the posters who crushed him have now softened their reactions or changed their minds.

Changing one's mind in response to additional info or as a result of thinking through an issue shows intelligence. It doesn't reflect weakness or character flaws; it reflects a developed, experienced perspective.

OK, even I think my last couple of sentences above sound pretentious. First to call out GatorAuthor as a d-bag!! Well, first time in this thread anyway. Well, first in the last several posts, at least.

Speaking of pretentious, what kind of handle is GatorAuthor anyway? Total poser tool. F@ck this guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The more you read about him, the more you see how much coaches, players, and recruits love him. Not trying to stir up any ire, but I bet a lot of the posters who crushed him have now softened their reactions or changed their minds.
Lulz. Zach, you pimped Callahan right up until the minute he was fired.

Had he landed anyone yet? The proof is in the pudding. I dont really care if recruits like him and we keep "finishing second" for all the top recruits.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm so glad the Summers is gone. You want your OL mean and nasty. Summers just didn't have that fire

Every really good OL we have had has had a firebrand OL coach.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Mac made several comments during the season about the Oline not playing with enough fire. Is Davis Mac's answer to that problem? Rhetorical question. Obviously we won't know until next year.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Lulz. Zach, you pimped Callahan right up until the minute he was fired.

Had he landed anyone yet? The proof is in the pudding. I dont really care if recruits like him and we keep "finishing second" for all the top recruits.
Sawmp, I'm pretty sure I've never said a word about Callahan, but don't let the facts get in your way, my friend.

No, Davis hasn't signed any recruits yet, but NSD is still 50 weeks away. Yes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but it works both ways. Remember all the outrage vented about Davis as soon as he was hired despite the venters not knowing a damn thing about him other than where he's coached? Without knowing the guy, all that vitriol and gnashing of teeth was just unsupported, emotional venting. Ignorant of any facts (i.e. before the proof/pudding/eating), several people were nonetheless rock solid in their outrage at this hire.

I'm not saying Davis is going to be a great coach, but since he's been here we've had a chance to learn a little about him and we've seen some positive reports. I think the additional info has probably changed some perspectives. If not, whatever.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
While I am not sorry Summers is gone, after thinking about it again I don't think he did a bad job with what he had to work with. Incredibly thin, incredibly young playing against good competition. Just the next step with things, He moves on and someone else, hopefully, motivates them to continue to improve.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While I am not sorry Summers is gone, after thinking about it again I don't think he did a bad job with what he had to work with. Incredibly thin, incredibly young playing against good competition. Just the next step with things, He moves on and someone else, hopefully, motivates them to continue to improve.
Once Spivey started publicly bashing Summers, it was clear he was done. Spivey doesnt say anything bad without the right marching orders.

Last edited:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I'm so glad the Summers is gone. You want your OL mean and nasty. Summers just didn't have that fire

Yeah but the man sure could teach our guys to fish!!!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Do you have some recent stats from North Texas and his o line there?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

The line played better with McCoy and Taylor added in. They both just brought a natural mean streak

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.