***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs LSU***

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n73407 said:
Now with TH out this week, maybe for a while this will also put Roper in a position where the offense will not be as it should. Or at lease how he is acustomed to running it. I've said from early on that utilizing JD keeps Roper from doing what he would like to. Simply Jeff cannot cut it. We saw that last week with TH and how the offense and the team responded to TH jumping in. No hesitation on TH's part. Precise decsions and only just saw a glimpse of it and perhaps we'll never see it again. So with that....I feel we'll see alot of the same. Roper will try to do something to spark JD and the offense. It simply comes down to this. Can JD acutally pull it out and show up with a good performance. Tired of hearing well it wasn't all on Jeff. Well let me see. When a QB is playing well so does the rest of the team. That's why the QB is the leader of the offense/team. They lead and elevate the play of that side of the ball if not the whole team. We'll see if he can do it. But i'm not betting the farm on it. But he's a Gator and we're all in now. Here's to hoping he can get it done.

He may continue trying to run Driskel more which is probably a good move. As far as the rest I am not sure. Roper will probably just try and keep it pretty vanilla on the passing and just power run a lot to see if their defense will start breaking down.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I was just looking at the prediction thread on TigerDroppings. They sound like they are less confident than us.

Oct 5, 2014
If I am nor mistaken, the Gators have won every game at the Swamp in which Jeff Driskel was the starting quarterback. I hope the streak continues...

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Left Coast Gator;74325 said:
If I am nor mistaken, the Gators have won every game at the Swamp in which Jeff Driskel was the starting quarterback. I hope the streak continues...
Is that right?

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
What I find amazing is that despite how terrible we play, we have a decent shot of winning the east. I have to think that winning this game would be a major coup for WM considering we all penciled this one in as a loss prior to the season.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The season is young and I think our Gators get a much needed home blowout win! I think LSU comes in limping and our Gators will be able to run the ball well and I think Driskel will actually play better now knowing he could lose his starting position. Prediction UF 31-3

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n74517 said:
The season is young and I think our Gators get a much needed home blowout win! I think LSU comes in limping and our Gators will be able to run the ball well and I think Driskel will actually play better now knowing he could lose his starting position. Prediction UF 31-3

Big prediction, Big Claw. But I like it. Hope so.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
The Original DC;n73388 said:
Unfortunately, the only way I see us being able to get the ball in their hands is if they take direct snaps from Garcia. Expecting Driskel to get it to them may be wishing for a miracle.

DC no disrespect but that's not entirely true now...JD has had his slot receiver drop several passes. He has made several of the intermediate throws and they were dropped

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Anyone watch the UCF game last night? Commentators kept commenting on how the freshman UCF QB could only throw fastballs. Several were dropped, but a lot more were caught.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Left Coast Gator;n74325 said:

I think that is actually true.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We absolutely need to be able to run the ball on LSU and need to do quick hitting short passes and screens to hopefully give Driskel some confidence passing the ball and let our WR's work in space and make people miss to gain some yardage. We need to mix it up on offense and not be so bland. Jet sweeps would probably be a good idea too with some speedy WR's. Hopefully our WR's can actually catch some passes and Driskel is not off target like he seems to always be. We have to be able to rush for over 150 yards and Driskel can't be something like 8-22 passing for 85 yards. I expect our defense to be stout and flying around and making plays. The LSU offense is not very good so expect a low scoring defensive game. Hopefully our D can get some turnovers and get some short fields so we can have great chances to score. Go Gators!!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OnlyGators.com ‏@onlygators
Per Florida football's Instagram, #Gators will wear blue jerseys, blue pants (w/ pink accents) Saturday night vs. LSU.

BzmKzJpCUAAAyqX.jpg

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
Since I live in Baton Rouge, this is the biggest game of the year for me, since I'll have bragging rights over everyone I work with. I listen to the local ESPN radio station pretty frequently, even if they focus almost exclusively on LSU (at least they understand their market). Anyway, since the beginning of fall practice they've been saying that they are extremely weak at defensive tackle -- the weakest they've been for years. They've got young guys who should be rotational players that are starting. They've got a physically talented middle linebacker who can't break into the starting lineup because he makes too many mistakes. So I expect that Matt Jones will spend a lot of time running between the tackles and trying to take advantage of their weakness up the middle. And, if it is possible, they think they are even worse off than us at quarterback. The true freshman has good arm strength, but had a really bad game at Auburn. The way they see it here, our two offenses are equally bad, but our defense is better than their defense, so they expect us to win. The fans have already given up on their season, so people are calling on Miles to make Brandon Harris a full time starter, so he can take his lumps and learn now. I think we'll probably play a lot of man coverage and load up the box on them.

I swear, I don't think either fan base thinks their team can win.

On a funny note, one of the radio guys the other night, while talking about their defensive problems, said something like "nothing can cure a bad defense like Jeff Driskel."

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Sas, I hope they rain fireworks down on you all night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator