***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs LSU***

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like our chances of winning this game if our secondary doesn't give up any big plays and forces a few turnovers.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp might try to win this game 2012 style. I think we didn't throw one pass in the 2nd half of that game and just ran the Jumbo package basically.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
TT calling for us to air it out 'early and often' because LSU will be stacking the box.

Does TT even know who WM is?

Incidently, I too think IF we can run, its game over for LSU.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Fun Facts

Both universities are founding members of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) in December 1932. The Gators and Tigers did not meet on the gridiron until 1937, and have been annual opponents only since 1971. When the SEC instituted divisional play in 1992, Florida was placed in the SEC Eastern Division and LSU in the Western Division, and Florida and LSU were selected as permanent cross-division rivals. The Gators and Tigers have combined to win five national championships and eleven SEC titles over the past two decades.

Florida leads, 31–26–3
October 12, 2013 LSU 17, Florida 6
Biggest win: Florida, 58–3 (1993)

Notable games I remember:

2006: TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW TIM TEBOW

The 9th ranked Tigers visited the 5th ranked Gators favored by a point and a half.

However, Florida's freshman quarterback The Most Exulted and Honorable TIMOTHY RICHARD TEBOW (author bows head, crosses himself) would help the Gators turn the tide. While the Gators' starting QB was senior Chris Leak, coach Urban Meyer had been rotating The Most Exulted and Honorable TIMOTHY RICHARD TEBOW, a highly touted recruit, savior of Gator Football AND his own virginity, into the huddle for a few series every game. The Most Exulted and Honorable TIMOTHY RICHARD TEBOW made the most of his opportunities against LSU, accounted for three touchdowns, including his first career passing touchdown on the "THE HOLY JUMP PASS". With that one pass The Most Exulted did more for Gator Football than any QB after him. The Gators won 23–10 and went on to win the BCS National Championship BY DESTROYING The Ohio State.

2007: LES MILES IS CRAZY

The 9th-ranked Gators traveled to Baton Rouge to take on the top-ranked Tigers. Early on, it appeared that Florida was heading for a big win when they raced out to a 10–0 lead. The two teams then traded punches, scoring two touchdowns each to make it 24–14 late in the third quarter. LSU rallied behind Matt Flynn to score a touchdown to cut it to 24–21. Then The Most Exulted and Honorable TIMOTHY RICHARD TEBOW took pity on LSU and allowed them the ball back with just a few minutes left.

They faced a fourth and two in their own territory, THEY GOT IT..
Not even a minute later, they faced another fourth and two. THEY GOT IT.
By now, they were on the Florida 12-yard line. Once again, the Tigers faced a fourth and 1. But rather than kick the game-tying field goal, Crazy Les Miles ordered a dive play. And for the fifth time in the game, THEY GOT IT.
I 'm not sure what happened after that as I was too busy crying in my beer.

2010: The Fake Field Goal

I think everyone will agree the less we speak of that the better.

Funner Facts

The visiting team in the series has been unusually successful. Since 2001, LSU has a 3–3 record at the Swamp, while Florida is 3–3 at Tiger Stadium.
LSU fans smell of corndogs.
Les Miles has an older brother More Miles who is very popular with the ladies.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:beating:

Chomp.gif

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n75755 said:
Muschamp might try to win this game 2012 style. I think we didn't throw one pass in the 2nd half of that game and just ran the Jumbo package basically.

I think we ran like 24 consecutive times to close out the game. Gilly did not have a negative yardage run the whole game. May have been our most impressive running game in recent memory.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n75755 said:
If your QB is JD, this is the most logical game plan.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Good guys 3 bad guys 2

Watching paint dry will be better than this game.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
A friend of mine made a good point (i thought) that with the good news about TH, the team's mindset has to be better hopefully resulting in some inspired play. Sort of keep the boat afloat until Treon takes the helm.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Totally got a shoutout today...

@Goldkamp247 The SEC East looks worse and worse every week. Mizzou is Vandy, Einhorn is Finkle.

1:21pm - 11 Oct 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator