Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs FSU***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You know who plays Friday night games? Nevada. Mountain West teams. Bottom dwellers and now you all are defending this horse schiit.

We are rock bottom guys.

We discussed this last week. I listed multiple national championship teams, or defending national championship teams that played on Friday after Thanksgiving, including Saban and the Tide in his 3rd and 4th seasons there. As was pointed out, it’s not a normal Friday.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We discussed this last week. I listed multiple national championship teams, or defending national championship teams that played on Friday after Thanksgiving, including Saban and the Tide in his 3rd and 4th seasons there. As was pointed out, it’s not a normal Friday.
Hogwash

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
There hasn’t been a bigger game for Napier. This is very much a defining moment and will go a long way in determining his tenure at UF. He needs a statement win and I’m not sure he’s going to get many more chances after this Friday. Stumbling into a meaningless bowl at 6-6 then starting at Utah next year could put him on a 4 game slide. There’s a very real chance he doesn’t recover from that. I get that this sounds overly dramatic, and certainly overly analytical, but life comes at you fast in this profession. He desperately needs this win.

You may be right BUT it's year 1

He followed this same pression at ULL. I'm not worried - YET

This is NOT a meaningless bowl. This may be crucial for the development of our FUTURE. Most seniors and NFL players will probably bail.

Now I'm frustrated also but this seems to be Napier's MO. Full on "SYSTEM" and/or "STRATEGIC" for the military crowd.
He appears to be willing to lose the battles (games) in order to win the war (SEC).

The question is, "Will the Gator Nation give him the time he needs to prove his system successful?"

You can hate the messenger but "thems are the facts"

Time will tell.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You may be right BUT it's year 1

He followed this same pression at ULL. I'm not worried - YET

This is NOT a meaningless bowl. This may be crucial for the development of our FUTURE. Most seniors and NFL players will probably bail.

Now I'm frustrated also but this seems to be Napier's MO. Full on "SYSTEM" and/or "STRATEGIC" for the military crowd.
He appears to be willing to lose the battles (games) in order to win the war (SEC).

The question is, "Will the Gator Nation give him the time he needs to prove his system successful?"

You can hate the messenger but "thems are the facts"

Time will tell.

I’m referring to the bowl game as meaningless in that it will likely be as you described, backups and freshmen. Great for development of course. But let’s say it’s a G5 team playing their Super Bowl and we approach it as a pre-Spring Game Spring Game. That’s likely a loss. So considering the task of the opener next year, we could theoretically drop 4 straight if we don’t pull out a win Saturday. That was my point. A win not only stops the bleeding from Saturday and gives him a signature win, but also gives us a little momentum going into the off-season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, you are the first to give me grief about 2nd rate teams out west, playing Thursday nights and Friday nights, Pac-12, MWC, Blah Blah Blah and now all of the sudden you are thinking it's totally normal for UF to play on a Friday night.

Make up your mind.
I think there are plenty of things to bitch about, this isn't one of them.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I’m referring to the bowl game as meaningless in that it will likely be as you described, backups and freshmen. Great for development of course. But let’s say it’s a G5 team playing their Super Bowl and we approach it as a pre-Spring Game Spring Game. That’s likely a loss. So considering the task of the opener next year, we could theoretically drop 4 straight if we don’t pull out a win Saturday. That was my point. A win not only stops the bleeding from Saturday and gives him a signature win, but also gives us a little momentum going into the off-season.

It DOES NOT matter. We need the development. It could be the Rid-X Septic Tank Bowl playing St. Mary's School for Transgender Wayward Kids. We need the practice. We need the time.

It was clear we beat ourselves last week (Week 11 playing non-starters) It was clear our DEPTH is piss poor. It was clear our coaches need more experience. NOT going to a BOWL says volumes. Like last year.

Note: I hate meaningless bowl games. I'd rather expand the Play Offs. I also would not mind a few Pre-Season Exhibition Games instead or allow off-season practice.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It DOES NOT matter. We need the development. It could be the Rid-X Septic Tank Bowl playing St. Mary's School for Transgender Wayward Kids. We need the practice. We need the time.

It was clear we beat ourselves last week (Week 11 playing non-starters) It was clear our DEPTH is piss poor. It was clear our coaches need more experience. NOT going to a BOWL says volumes. Like last year.

Note: I hate meaningless bowl games. I'd rather expand the Play Offs. I also would not mind a few Pre-Season Exhibition Games instead or allow off-season practice.

My goodness. This was never about whether or not we should play in a bowl game, or whether or not we need the practice. The point was losing 2 straight to close, potentially losing a bowl game because it’s a nothing game and we effectively don’t show up like last year, and then starting the year on the road at Utah. That’s the concern.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
My goodness. This was never about whether or not we should play in a bowl game, or whether or not we need the practice. The point was losing 2 straight to close, potentially losing a bowl game because it’s a nothing game and we effectively don’t show up like last year, and then starting the year on the road at Utah. That’s the concern.

Reads like you're worrying to worry. We could easily be 9-2 right now. You clean this up and we're there.

I'm still all in for Napier. Billy needs his guys with a little more experience.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
this is the type of guy that looks in the toilet, see a giant steaming turd, then celebrates a possible world record.
No, I see fertilizer. And with the price of fertilizer today, it could be valuable. I'm also happy I'm not constipated or passing blood.

See Durty, it's all how you look at it. You see Louisiana and say nasty. I see awesome food, awesome fishing, salt of the earth people, family, friends and my church.

As for Florida, I remember Pell/Hall. In Louisiana, I remember Saban.

You're what...43? Brother, your days are coming. Enjoy the ride. It makes the victories that much sweeter.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It makes the victories that much sweeter.
thats the point. youre turning 6-5 into 9-2 because your feelings. news flash, we've lost 5 and aren't trending positively. You are what your record is. Stop saying vandy didnt win, we jsut lost or whatever BS that is. Vandy absolutely won, they outplayed us from start to finish.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
thats the point. youre turning 6-5 into 9-2 because your feelings. news flash, we've lost 5 and aren't trending positively. You are what your record is. Stop saying vandy didnt win, we jsut lost or whatever BS that is. Vandy absolutely won, they outplayed us from start to finish.
Don't tell me STOP. Who the heck are you? I'm not turning anything. You know what you can do with feelings?

I am saying WE DID NOT EXECUTE. You keep saying it's play calling and coaching. It comes down to execution. I'm saying that is due to experience (The youngest team in P5) and depth. It is coaching in the fact they DID not execute.

The record is the record. But losing 5 games this year is nothing like last year. Last year players did not have a clue. Last year they quit on numerous occasions. Even Dean is now playing better.

This year they have not quit. They may have not executed well but they don't look LOST. And Napier is taking responsibility.

Oh and I said, "We could easily be 9-2 right now. You clean this up and we're there".

Where did I say we are not 6-5? Where did I say "I FEEL"?

Piss Off Lord Sugar GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You know what you can do with feelings?
you're the one whos always talking about how you believe napier is the guy, you think we are headed in the right direction, you believe the kids are buying in. you keep saying that drivel. most of the rest of us are just looking at the results.

so go ahead and tell us, because you're the one using them to form your position.
easily be 9-2... GTFOH. we could just as easily be 2-9. We are 6-5 exactly as I stated we were. Enough with the ifs and butts bullsht.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.