Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs FSU***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WTF could he possibly say that would satisfy the fans after a bad loss? We have this romanticized image of the angry coach storming around the podium, picking up chairs and slamming them against the wall. Declaring in a loud voice that by God, no team of his is EVER going to play like that again! Rooowwooroooorrr!

Puh-leeze.

:facepalm:

I think you view head coaching as to what you see in the movies or commercials. Maybe you're thinking of that Cheeze-It commercial where he fires up the blocks of cheese. "I woke up feeling the cheesiest, coach!"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What attitude? Muschamp was the one who threw himself around, screaming and acting like an idiot. You want to see that? It really helped him win, too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As I've said and will say. Year 2 tells me what I need to know.
You can't have it both ways. First you say he's a worthless idiot, then you say we won't know anything until year 2. So which is it?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
WTF could he possibly say that would satisfy the fans after a bad loss? We have this romanticized image of the angry coach storming around the locker room, smashing whiteboards, picking up chairs and slamming them against the wall. Rooowwooroooorrr!
Muschamp has entered the chat.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
None of us have the slightest clue as to how he treats the players behind the scenes. I'd be willing to bet a testicle he isn't some passive "aw shucks" dude coddling players in practice. I'll bet they're afraid of him. He's the kind of guy that would never berate a player in public, however. NEVER. I'm pretty damn sure the players respect that.

You want open theatrics, like when Butters dressed down Kelvin Taylor that time. The coaches that do that are doing it for the fans, not the players.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, you don't have a clue what college football players respond too. I mean that it the nicest way possible. There's certainly things that I think are fair to be critical about but how he's handled himself in anything isn't one of em. The dude has been a class act and has held himself accountable. I don't wanna see anymore retard up there after these games like the last 3, he'll even Meyer sounded like a politician, that got annoying.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Napier thus far had handled himself in a respectful way. Accountability is one of the many things he is trying to convey to these kids. But if we're wanting reactions and theatrics for these players, he's not it and I personally don't want that. If that is what these kids want they can go play for Coach Afflac Prime.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know who plays Friday night games? Nevada. Mountain West teams. Bottom dwellers and now you all are defending this horse schiit.

We are rock bottom guys.

I don’t see how anyone could be asked to defend a decision that FSU made.
We had little to no input into the decision due to being the visiting team.

I think it’s a bad idea but I’m not a mentally challenged member of the FSU administration so I see no reason to defend it.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It DOES NOT matter. We need the development. It could be the Rid-X Septic Tank Bowl playing St. Mary's School for Transgender Wayward Kids. We need the practice. We need the time.

It was clear we beat ourselves last week (Week 11 playing non-starters) It was clear our DEPTH is piss poor. It was clear our coaches need more experience. NOT going to a BOWL says volumes. Like last year.

Note: I hate meaningless bowl games. I'd rather expand the Play Offs. I also would not mind a few Pre-Season Exhibition Games instead or allow off-season practice.

The good news is, if we are playing St Mary’s School for Transgender Wayward Kids there’s a very good chance that the College Gameday crew would be there.
ESPN would promote the game so much that it would become a national story. It could even become such an event that Emmitt Smith would show up, in a brand new gator shirt with the tag hanging on it still.
Try to see the bright side of things.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t see how anyone could be asked to defend a decision that FSU made.
We had little to no input into the decision due to being the visiting team.

I think it’s a bad idea but I’m not a mentally challenged member of the FSU administration so I see no reason to defend it.
Florida would have had to agree so they are just as much at fault.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The double standard. We don’t play on Fridays.

Why would it be a double standard? A variety of rivalry games are routinely rotated to Thanksgiving day or the day after. Notre Dame and LSU don’t play on Sundays. But they have the past two years on the first weekend of the season. Again, it’s not some mid-Oct Thursday or Friday night.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Why would it be a double standard? A variety of rivalry games are routinely rotated to Thanksgiving day or the day after. Notre Dame and LSU don’t play on Sundays. But they have the past two years on the first weekend of the season. Again, it’s not some mid-Oct Thursday or Friday night.
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.