Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
General question to all, as I've not paid this much attention to detail...but has either side of the ball had to adjust in a game yet? Offensively, we know CBN's preferred gameplay, but when falling behind does he lean more to pass? Or is it simply run first, all the time? We have 1.3y of his offense to know this (tainted by what he could call last year given the talent). On defense, we've only had 3 games with AA, and I don't think he's been in a situation where he had to adjust. Seems the defense has been handling things well. Always room for improvement, but I don't recall any adjustments being needed. Anyone?
Edit: I don’t think these are adjustments so much as dictated by the score.

Once they were down a lot at Utah we took the underneath passes which padded stats but didn’t really threaten to win the game.

The defense seemed to perk up and play well after a miserable start. But once Utah had their big lead they mostly worked the clock.

The Ut game was almost the exact reverse. We got the big lead and turtled offensively in the 2nd half and forced them to chew clock and take what we gave them in the 2nd half. That made Ut look better in stats.

Billy expressed regret at his conservative approach vs. Ut in the 2nd, but I wonder if he adapts next time or plays the percentages. I suspect the latter.

I like Ox’s vision: get a lead and keep it.

Last edited:

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
The list of great games, plays, and moments against Tennessee over the years is long. But what are our iconic moments against Kentucky? There’s “Doering’s got a touchdown,” the unguarded WR’s, and Trask’s big comeback. Anything else?

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Tell me you were late or blacked out at the beginning of the tenn game, without telling me you were late or blacked out at the beginning of the tenn game.
Ha! I’m well aware of Wilson III and his participation until he got hurt. I just wondered is he now playing since they have him listed 1st? I had heard it might be until Dwag game before he’s back.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ha! I’m well aware of Wilson III and his participation until he got hurt. I just wondered is he now playing since they have him listed 1st? I had heard it might be until Dwag game before he’s back.
He ended up only having a bruise rather than a break. Credit the training staff and EW3 for doing the necessary recovery to get back into the lineup.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We have 4 passing TDs on the season so far.

We are 99th in passing TDs per game right now. Muschamp was 105th, 80th, 76th and 84th.

hmmm GIF

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

OK gotcha. Yeah, there was a lot of misinformation thrown around regarding Wilson. That night, I was told by someone next to me at the game that it was broken. I’ve since heard that he could have played last week if we had let him. So I’m thinking he should be good.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We have 4 passing TDs on the season so far.

We are 99th in passing TDs per game right now. Muschamp was 105th, 80th, 76th and 84th.

hmmm GIF
Sweet Jesus.

I'll make a call for you, I can't take this anymore. She owes me a favor and will do it free of charge.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
The list of great games, plays, and moments against Tennessee over the years is long. But what are our iconic moments against Kentucky? There’s “Doering’s got a touchdown,” the unguarded WR’s, and Trask’s big comeback. Anything else?

1984 Florida won in Lexington 25 - 17 to clinch the Gators' first supposedly SEC championship which as you know was later nullified as part of the Pell fiasco.

1990 Steve Spurrier's first Gator team defeats Kentucky in Lexington 47 - 15 but again the Gators are denied the SEC championship due to NCAA probation,

1991 Florida defeats Kentucky in Gainesville 35 - 26 to clinch the Gators' first undisputed SEC championship.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

1984 Florida won in Lexington 25 - 17 to clinch the Gators' first supposedly SEC championship which as you know was later nullified as part of the Pell fiasco.

1990 Steve Spurrier's first Gator team defeats Kentucky in Lexington 47 - 15 but again the Gators are denied the SEC championship due to NCAA probation,

1991 Florida defeats Kentucky in Gainesville 35 - 26 to clinch the Gators' first undisputed SEC championship.

So much nostalgia....the I-formation play action....the toss sweep to Rhett....the only staple missing in there was the draw play to Rhett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator