Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Missouri***

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
The problem that I see for them is that they likely can’t replicate that defensive effort, which I think benefited from the dogs being flat footed as well. In addition, the problems they had in moving the football and scoring points will continue to be an issue. They’re not very good. It’s also not one heartbreaking loss, it’s two back to back. It could drive them to play lights out, but I’d bet it will a team that’s spent to some degree.
From what I've seen, you don't have to be a very good team to successfully run on the Gators.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I personally think Missouri coming off a very emotional and deflating home game is going to help us bigly. I think they'll be as flat as a pancake.

Remember, this is the same team that lost 40-12 at Kansas State. Their QB's threw 4 picks.
I certainly hope you're right. K-State is not a bad team. Mizzou will be playing for their first conference win just like the Gators. They'd love to get it in the fabled Swamp on "Homecoming" no less as they've done before. It could be a nerve wracking contest. Can't expect to win by showing up. Need to earn it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF will have to fight for this win as they will for the rest of the way.

UGAy more than likely came in with an over-confident team. And they should have waxed the floor with Drunknutz. But as we've seen sometimes you struggle with that and need a little luck. There's something to playing in Columbia period and those damn noon games there. But we had a Mullet so it didn't matter what time kickoff is. For Mizzou it's after a hard loss, tough team, noon game. I do think UF's attitude has changed a bit on approaching games like this. IF they play like the last two games, have some sort of run stop (I cringe when I say that), play clean as Napier puts it....should lead to a win.

I am really hoping something has "clicked" with this team. Perhaps the PT helped for the younger guys this week. It sure as heck didn't hurt Kitna. UF needs to start fast, play hard, and keep the foot on the gas for this one. And perhaps that whole recipe for the rest of the way. The D is not going to be able to carry the load.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
If we win this one (and all of the ones after, for that matter) it will be because of our offense. The d (casing is correct) can't stop FCS teams from driving the field, so the best they will do is delay the inevitable each possession. It will come down to how many times Missouri stops themselves. I totally expect the zebras to be overly involved as well. This is a toss up for me. Will pick us to win by a FG, but not confidently.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I see UF jumping out to a 14-0 lead, then Missouri has to abandon the run and it gets worse from there, as their QB sucks balls. Napier will keep his foot on the gas (the kind of stuff we haven't seen since Spurrier). 45-20 type of game.

The hype on AR, which had all but disappeared after USF, is back. Missouri's defense will have absolutely no answer for him.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Unfortunately, all the gimmies are done for the schedule. This will be a fight as will all the rest of them. Buckle up we are in for a run of a bunch of one-score games

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Some fun facts about the UF - Mizzou history since they joined the SEC. Both teams are 3-2 at home. Of the UF HC’s during that time, only Butters has a winning record (2-1). Mullet was 2-2 & Chump was 1-2.

The first year they were in the conference, UF beat them 14-7. From that game up until last year’s one point loss, the margin of victory was never lower than 18 points. Over that same span only Ugly has a better record (6-4) against us than any other SEC East team.

While all this history is meaningless as to what will happen Saturday, they have clearly been a team we’ve had trouble with and 4 of our losses (and theirs too) have been fairly ugly.

I think last year’s game was an aberration and the ugliness returns this week with the Gators on top. Back to back heartbreaking losses combined with what for them will be an 11am start will lead them to coming out flat. AR seems to have his confidence back and we should jump out to an early lead. If they have to play catch up, they’re doomed and we will get several picks. A full Swamp will also be a huge advantage with a lead.

Side note - Why do I not have as strong a desire to see Hopper get trucked as I did Diabate?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
45-35ish. Have yet to see any improvement from our LBs but they are very young and there’s probably going to be a lightbulb moment at some point. Kamari played pretty well over Dean in his first start. If we can avoid broken coverages then we could easily win by 20+. Agree with Ox, teams are going to have no answer for AR. His confidence seems back and he’s starting to play to his unlimited potential.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I'm not ready to jump back on the AR15 bandwagon. His total meltdown against UK and poor performance vs UCF was less than a month ago. He's clearly not running at 100%. And headcases usually don't just snap out of it and never relapse. With him it's gonna be a roller coaster every week.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
From what I've seen, you don't have to be a very good team to successfully run on the Gators.

I get that. We have definitely had some struggles. That said, I do also think the defense has the ability to improve to a degree throughout the year. They honestly played well enough to win all the games so far, minus ut. I expect them ti get better as new faces emerge and players settle in. Hopefully I’m right.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Some fun facts about the UF - Mizzou history since they joined the SEC. Both teams are 3-2 at home. Of the UF HC’s during that time, only Butters has a winning record (2-1). Mullet was 2-2 & Chump was 1-2.

The first year they were in the conference, UF beat them 14-7. From that game up until last year’s one point loss, the margin of victory was never lower than 18 points. Over that same span only Ugly has a better record (6-4) against us than any other SEC East team.

While all this history is meaningless as to what will happen Saturday, they have clearly been a team we’ve had trouble with and 4 of our losses (and theirs too) have been fairly ugly.

I think last year’s game was an aberration and the ugliness returns this week with the Gators on top. Back to back heartbreaking losses combined with what for them will be an 11am start will lead them to coming out flat. AR seems to have his confidence back and we should jump out to an early lead. If they have to play catch up, they’re doomed and we will get several picks. A full Swamp will also be a huge advantage with a lead.

Side note - Why do I not have as strong a desire to see Hopper get trucked as I did Diabate?

Agree across the board. I do feel like when we’ve won it’s been a battle, while when they’ve beaten us it’s by 60. It’s the oddest series I can ever recall, but sort of reminds me of MissSt during the 90s and 2000. Rarely a rhyme or reason, but they often got us, even under Spurrier.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
This game should be the game, at the halfway point of the season, where we all know what we have. The "new coaches" and "new system" excuses are done and the idea that we have to watch more film to see who the players are is done. After this week, the honeymoon is over. I hope we are on to bliss and continue on an upward trajectory, but after this week, there should be few doubts as to what this team is and is not capable of accomplishing in the second half of the season.

Edit: I think we win with O and survive with D. 42-31

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was always a weird line to me. Like, I don't see any pokers in the room, I don't remember them talking about pokers. Wouldn't a simple "Fcuk You" do? I always thought it was odd and it stuck.

I thought it was a stupid line too which may be why we remembered it.
I will be on the lookout for that extra credit you promised.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
While Diabate was a big reason we won, Hopper can be a reason we lose. He’s actually very good and it’s a shame he’s gone.

With that said, I think we have enough to win a close one.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This game should be the game, at the halfway point of the season, where we all know what we have. The "new coaches" and "new system" excuses are done and the idea that we have to watch more film to see who the players are is done. After this week, the honeymoon is over. I hope we are on to bliss and continue on an upward trajectory, but after this week, there should be few doubts as to what this team is and is not capable of accomplishing in the second half of the season.
I think that's ridiculous. Even Saban, Meyer, etc, had plenty of issues their entire first season.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I think that's ridiculous. Even Saban, Meyer, etc, had plenty of issues their entire first season.
Your unbridled nutswinging is impressive.

I didn't say we shouldn't have issues, I said we would know what we have. Maybe for the benefit of those that can't read a bit of inference in, I should have said, "for this season." Kinda figured that would be understood, but your hypersensitivity to anyone questioning anything CBN allowed you to miss the obvious and jump to a silly conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator