Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Missouri***

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Dang, Dean starting. OMG. I'm hoping it's just for one play and then they'll replace him with Wilson. But I am sure Mizzou will target him right off the bat. I have never been so ready for a player to graduate.
If Napier isn't going to play Wilson, I think it might be better to just send ten out there rather than Dean. Or line some speedster up and have them blitz every down.

At least the DBs wouldn't expect help and be disappointed by its complete absence if he's not even on the field.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Dang, Dean starting. OMG. I'm hoping it's just for one play and then they'll replace him with Wilson. But I am sure Mizzou will target him right off the bat. I have never been so ready for a player to graduate.

Dan Werner comes to mind with his .00001% career 3 pt shooting.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I really wish it would be a prerequisite for new coaches to have to sit and watch a multi hour documentary on why the previous coaches failed. Every coach we have ever had has lost games, sometimes even bad ones. But you felt like we gave it our best. In contrast, it was the illogical moves by Muschamp with his new identity overhaul and meddling in the offense that killed him. JM thought he could win with 2 and 3 stars and ignored HS’s in the process. Mullen brought in a hated DC and routinely played the wrong players despite mountains of evidence to suggest otherwise. That’s the stuff that drives fan crazy and how you lose support real quick. I have no problem with Dean out there, nor Wright starting. But we better win.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Nice block by the ref on the second one.

I just went back and watched the condensed 15 minute version of this game- I've attached the link below. I'd forgotten how ugly that game was. Two pick sixes and an on-sides kick by Mizzou that was run back by Calloway accounted for 21 of our 40 points. Eddy P missed a chip shot FG, Del Rio threw 3 picks (and 2 more passes that should been picks) and Scarlett fumbled on the Mizzou 1 yd line - which Mizzou followed up with a 99 yd drive the other way. Drew Lock for Mizzou had what must of been one of his worst games ever: 4-18 for 39 yds and two picks. If anyone wants to go down memory lane:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nice block by the ref on the second one.

I just went back and watched the condensed 15 minute version of this game- I've attached the link below. I'd forgotten how ugly that game was. Two pick sixes and an on-sides kick by Mizzou that was run back by Calloway accounted for 21 of our 40 points. Eddy P missed a chip shot FG, Del Rio threw 3 picks (and 2 more passes that should been picks) and Scarlett fumbled on the Mizzou 1 yd line - which Mizzou followed up with a 99 yd drive the other way. Drew Lock for Mizzou had what must of been one of his worst games ever: 4-18 for 39 yds and two picks. If anyone wants to go down memory lane:

Have to say, you sold it pretty well. I’ve already told my family, don’t bother me tonight. I have a game to watch.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
@soflagator, @LaylaGator, @NavetG8r

Since I put that post in this am I listened to Gators Breakdown on my way home today. First of all let me say, I won't question whether or not a player is hurt and hope that they're not. As with Dean, who actually knows. But after listening to it their take was the same as mine on injured players, but also feel this was a signal to Dean that play their way or you won't be playing. Hence, Wilson started last week. It's been 5 games and it's time for him and also the staff is starting to see exactly what they have. Either way they feel that Wilson will be getting many snaps this week. It might not also be a good thing that Mizzou thinks Dean is starting, then put Wilson in. That is me with wishful thinking.

Maybe this is a signal to Dean, but there's no doubt that Napier knows he is a liability. We'll see.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Hope AR trucks Hopper into his next transfer.

tyrone-hopper-1.jpg

2022: 0 solo tackles

:what:

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Unfortunately, all the gimmies are done for the schedule. This will be a fight as will all the rest of them. Buckle up we are in for a run of a bunch of one-score games
Vanderbilt is calling and they won’t hang up

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Across the last 2 games, UF is averaging 630.0 yards per game,422.5 yards passing per game and 207.5 yards rushing per game

gator-guy-billy-florida-gators.gif

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Everyone complaining about Dean. I just wish our DL could stop the run because that would make Dean look much better. Yeah...he blew assignments and I get the anger, Im angry, but when you can't stop the run with your DL and LBs you have to bring up the DBs to support. And then its over the top.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Everyone complaining about Dean. I just wish our DL could stop the run because that would make Dean look much better. Yeah...he blew assignments and I get the anger, Im angry, but when you can't stop the run with your DL and LBs you have to bring up the DBs to support. And then its over the top.

I care less about his missed plays than I do his antics after every tackle, whether it’s a 20 yard gain or not. As I’ve said before, he’s so quintessential Dan Mullen it’s staggering. I was hoping for a Jarvis Herring 2005 type turnaround for him. Feels like we got Marco Wilson 2020 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.