Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Missouri***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, the DL play would take pressure off the secondary. But how about after making a tackle and we've given up huge yardage, quit acting like you've made a sack or TFL.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Everyone complaining about Dean. I just wish our DL could stop the run because that would make Dean look much better. Yeah...he blew assignments and I get the anger, Im angry, but when you can't stop the run with your DL and LBs you have to bring up the DBs to support. And then its over the top.
Not everyone, opposing offenses are just fine with Dean playing erry snap

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I care less about his missed plays than I do his antics after every tackle, whether it’s a 20 yard gain or not. As I’ve said before, he’s so quintessential Dan Mullen it’s staggering. I was hoping for a Jarvis Herring 2005 type turnaround for him. Feels like we got Marco Wilson 2020 instead.
We know who to blame If he throws a damned shoe this game.

shoe-marco.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a little insight on Dexter's play on the DL. He's being double-teamed every snap and he's also playing 2x as many plays as most other DLs. Remember during Meyers are we replaced the entire DL unit throughout the game so they remained fresh at the end? Dexter is out there almost every snap. So are many other key players on the D. This isn't just a single-game thing either. As the season progresses, the wear will add up. Especially on the line.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Here's a little insight on Dexter's play on the DL. He's being double teamed every snap and he's also playing 2x as many plays as most other DLs.

I pointed this out a few weeks ago. We have no depth on the DL. We have a very good starting unit but it falls off from there with either young talented players with potential or older players without much talent. Its pretty obvious that to beat us all you have to do is have a healthy running game that wears us down and make a couple key stops of our offense. Our only real way to beat teams of equal or better talent this season is with a boring ball control offense.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
How does McMillion become a captain and not start, in front of Dean no less?
I wasn't asked but I would imagine they called Deans name to sign up but he was late, so they grabbed McMillan.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I get that Dean needs to improve, I'm for it. BN used a tool he has, sitting him, to hopefully get through. But to think he isn't going to play, to me, isn't realistic. Especially, considering how overall inexperienced and thin the D is. He needs him, but he needs him not to be a liability. Tough call, that's why he makes the big bucks and takes the big heat.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
I get that Dean needs to improve, I'm for it. BN used a tool he has, sitting him, to hopefully get through. But to think he isn't going to play, to me, isn't realistic. Especially, considering how overall inexperienced and thin the D is. He needs him, but he needs him not to be a liability. Tough call, that's why he makes the big bucks and takes the big heat.
What is the value gained at starting/playing him over Kamari, a True Freshman? Which mistakes has rookie Kamari made at playing the position vs a 5-yr Senior has already committed

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We know Kamari will play. They all need to play better.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What is the value gained at starting/playing him over Kamari, a True Freshman? Which mistakes has rookie Kamari made at playing the position vs a 5-yr Senior has already committed
I have a feeling Dean won't be playing that many snaps, but we'll see.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have a feeling Dean won't be playing that many snaps, but we'll see.

I get the balance of needing guys with experience who maybe won’t make the big mistake, while still wanting youth to get their lumps in. Hopefully that’s what we are seeing, because the ut loss killed any dreams of Atlanta(which were never more than hope anyway). The moment that final whistle blew, nearly all our moves should be about setting up ‘23.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I get the balance of needing guys with experience who maybe won’t make the big mistake, while still wanting youth to get their lumps in. Hopefully that’s what we are seeing, because the ut loss killed any dreams of Atlanta(which were never more than hope anyway). The moment that final whistle blew, nearly all our moves should be about setting up ‘23.
I don't think Napier makes any decision lightly. There's a reason for this move - perhaps it has something with team chemistry and unity.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Those lower leg injuries are easily aggravated. Particularly by missed assignments.
kick in nuts GIF

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If Napier isn't going to play Wilson, I think it might be better to just send ten out there rather than Dean. Or line some speedster up and have them blitz every down.

At least the DBs wouldn't expect help and be disappointed by its complete absence if he's not even on the field.
I’d probably rather see Big Deez trying to cover someone than Dean.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.