Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we're at the point the fans can't dismiss Vandy, we've got real problems.

I dismiss them. I dismiss them the same way I dismissed them back in 1990. And 2000. And 2010. I couldn't possibly dismiss them more. In fact, I've now been inspired to start a tradition of creating the game thread to the following game before I create this one.

Following this post, I want to see everyone chiming in that they also dismiss them. Don't disappoint me.

:ox3:

Jedi Mind Trick................

Drugs Hypnotizing GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

episode 4 these arent the droids youre looking for GIF by Star Wars

I DISMISS VANDERBILT.......FUCHS THE COMMODE-DOORS

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
We were in a bowl game at the Swamp one year against Miami, OH when I was a teenager I think. I can't remember what bowl it was. Something like tangarine or something like that. Cold, cold, bitter cold night in Gainesville. My dad was smart and brought us a blanket. I don't think we'd have made it through the game without that blanket. It was so so cold!
d1ecb0a5-664d-4203-874e-93c152bc60e8_text.gif

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I haven't even thought of the night I was at the old Gator Bowl game in 83 between Iowa and UF till I read your post. It was great to witness UF win a bowl game but the whole night all I could think of was how freaking cold it was in Jax that evening. That cold wind only made it worse. I only went to the game because it was blacked out locally and I was not missing one Gator game that season.
LSU and BR that Christmas had pipes bursting everywhere because the students were gone. No running water or heat on in most of the buildings. There was ice in the toilets.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

I dismiss them. I dismiss them the same way I dismissed them back in 1990. And 2000. And 2010. I couldn't possibly dismiss them more. In fact, I've now been inspired to start a tradition of creating the game thread to the following game before I create this one.

Following this post, I want to see everyone chiming in that they also dismiss them. Don't disappoint me.

Topic?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Vandy deserves derision and contempt if only for their "show us your gold" chant from the student section. I don't know if they still do it but the students used to chant Show us you Gold and then hold up their bling, bracelets and such. Oh and the Ho, Ho , Hey, Hey you're gonna work for us someday was always a treat.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't even thought of the night I was at the old Gator Bowl game in 83 between Iowa and UF till I read your post. It was great to witness UF win a bowl game but the whole night all I could think of was how freaking cold it was in Jax that evening. That cold wind only made it worse. I only went to the game because it was blacked out locally and I was not missing one Gator game that season.

I was there as well and I thought I was going to freeze to death. My whining became great entertainment for the Iowa fans sitting behind us but I didn’t care because it was that cold that night.

I am attending the Vandy game tomorrow and it will be much warmer in Nashville tomorrow than it was in Jacksonville that night.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

I'm with you Ox. I dismiss and hate Vandy at every opportunity.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Vandy deserves derision and contempt if only for their "show us your gold" chant from the student section. I don't know if they still do it but the students used to chant Show us you Gold and then hold up their bling, bracelets and such. Oh and the Ho, Ho , Hey, Hey you're gonna work for us someday was always a treat.

They get mine because I was actually at the ‘88 game. I’m 1-1 in that stadium, which is embarrassing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy just broke a 26-game SEC losing streak. They don't belong in the conference and never have. They have ACC written all over them.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
LSU and BR that Christmas had pipes bursting everywhere because the students were gone. No running water or heat on in most of the buildings. There was ice in the toilets.
As I occasionally traveled thru Louisiana during the summer, all those ice caution signs on the road reminded me to never visit LA in the winter time. I nearly had an accident driving on ice in Jax back in Dec of 1989, the day we had snow fall.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
As I occasionally traveled thru Louisiana during the summer, all those ice caution signs on the road reminded me to never visit LA in the winter time. I nearly had an accident driving on ice in Jax back in Dec of 1989, the day we had snow fall.
Everything in So. Louisiana is over water. The bridges over the Mississippi River are steep...ice ain't nothing nice.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Vandy just broke a 26-game SEC losing streak. They don't belong in the conference and never have. They have ACC written all over them.

Founding member. They may be the tambourine player of the band, but the way it’s structured, they’re not going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator