Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt***

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If we're at the point the fans can't dismiss Vandy, we've got real problems.

I dismiss them. I dismiss them the same way I dismissed them back in 1990. And 2000. And 2010. I couldn't possibly dismiss them more. In fact, I've now been inspired by @Theologator to start a tradition of creating the game thread to the following game before I create this one.

Following this post, I want to see everyone chiming in that they also dismiss them. Don't disappoint me.

:ox3:

You should show more respect for vandy. We need teams who will give us a breather during our SEC schedule.

And I can’t believe you would give a ‘like’ for someone simply posting a pic of Mr P when I was the one with the well-timed, old school reference. I feel betrayed.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Vandy just broke a 26-game SEC losing streak. They don't belong in the conference and never have. They have ACC written all over them.

There is probably a good case for vandy to find another home since they have never won a SEC football championship. But they have contributed championships in basketball, baseball and other sports. Vandy in the SEC is tradition; they are an original member and they have been competitive in the past. Tulane left in the 60's because they thought they should play more teams other than those of SEC caliber, but they probably still regret that decision. Tulane had won several conference football championships. I agree that the acc sounds like a better match for vandy, but they probably won't do any better in football. Moreover, it will give f$u another W and that is unacceptable.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Vandy deserves derision and contempt if only for their "show us your gold" chant from the student section. I don't know if they still do it but the students used to chant Show us you Gold and then hold up their bling, bracelets and such. Oh and the Ho, Ho , Hey, Hey you're gonna work for us someday was always a treat.
That and the age-old excuse that they have such a hard time because their academic standards are so high. They aren’t any higher than a slew of private schools who don’t suck so bad so often. Notre Dame, Wake, Northwestern, and others are at that level and Stanford is well above them.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
We were in a bowl game at the Swamp one year against Miami, OH when I was a teenager I think. I can't remember what bowl it was. Something like tangarine or something like that. Cold, cold, bitter cold night in Gainesville. My dad was smart and brought us a blanket. I don't think we'd have made it through the game without that blanket. It was so so cold!
As cold as I have ever been while attending a football game. It was the Tangerine Bowl and was scheduled for the old dump of a stadium in Orlando. UF said they would only say yes to the invite is they moved the game to G-ville, so the T-bowl caved and did. We played as the visitor at home and got beat on a frigid night by a marginal program. Nat Moore's last game.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
That and the age-old excuse that they have such a hard time because their academic standards are so high. They aren’t any higher than a slew of private schools who don’t suck so bad so often. Notre Dame, Wake, Northwestern, and others are at that level and Stanford is well above them.

You left out ELITE UF

uh huh yes GIF by Midland

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You should show more respect for vandy. We need teams who will give us a breather during our SEC schedule.

And I can’t believe you would give a ‘like’ for someone simply posting a pic of Mr P when I was the one with the well-timed, old school reference. I feel betrayed.
You've always been extremely sensitive, which is why you washed out at the Coast Guard.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy just broke a 26-game SEC losing streak. They don't belong in the conference and never have. They have ACC written all over them.

But I believe that we should allow Vandy to stay in the SEC so that we can travel here for a game every other year.
This is one of my favorite places to visit unlike nearly every other SEC venue.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
But I believe that we should allow Vandy to stay in the SEC so that we can travel here for a game every other year.
This is one of my favorite places to visit unlike nearly every other SEC venue.
One advantage: Unlike Knoxiousville, Baton Rouge or any other SEC city, you can go anywhere in Nashville without being in a sea of Vandy fans. Even on their campus.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's Game day Gators!!!!

1668858853974.jpeg

Looking forward to the trip over today and being in the Crowd. Go Gators! And since I won't be in the chat room during the game. Just in case it's needed.

1668858905470.jpeg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
As cold as I have ever been while attending a football game. It was the Tangerine Bowl and was scheduled for the old dump of a stadium in Orlando. UF said they would only say yes to the invite is they moved the game to G-ville, so the T-bowl caved and did. We played as the visitor at home and got beat on a frigid night by a marginal program. Nat Moore's last game.
Froze my ass off that game. Was it Miami of Ohio? Ron Zook playing def for that team. We didnt show up to play for sure. Miam of O was undefeated that year. Completed 1 pass in the game.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
One advantage: Unlike Knoxiousville, Baton Rouge or any other SEC city, you can go anywhere in Nashville without being in a sea of Vandy fans. Even on their campus.
Didn't realize BR and Volstown had a lot of Vandy fans. Learn something every day.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Vandy deserves derision and contempt if only for their "show us your gold" chant from the student section. I don't know if they still do it but the students used to chant Show us you Gold and then hold up their bling, bracelets and such. Oh and the Ho, Ho , Hey, Hey you're gonna work for us someday was always a treat.
MIT does it better:
M...I...T
P...H...D
M...O...N...E...Y

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.