Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt***

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It had to have snowed at least a dusting back in 2010. My mom lives in Ocala and she had snow in a corner of her roof for like 4 days. Reminded me of the storm in Jax in the late 80s with the snow at the base of palm trees. That was awesome.
We were in Belleview (10 miles south of Ocala) at the time. A good, solid dusting. We had 16 days below freezing that winter.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I hope the team isn’t overlooking Vandy like we are…

movie theater popcorn GIF

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
In 83 the ponds at LSU FROZE over. It was brutal.
I haven't even thought of the night I was at the old Gator Bowl game in 83 between Iowa and UF till I read your post. It was great to witness UF win a bowl game but the whole night all I could think of was how freaking cold it was in Jax that evening. That cold wind only made it worse. I only went to the game because it was blacked out locally and I was not missing one Gator game that season.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
No question they are. The team always takes on the tone of anonymous sports message boards. Never seen an exception to it.
Chiding us, not the team.

Playing at Vandy is a difficult because it’s a downright depressing place. Gray stadium. Usually a gray sky. Cold. You can wander the campus and there’s zero indication a game is happening that day. It’s almost like being in the ACC (where they belong.)

But they are often scrappy and play like it’s their Super Bowl.

SOS reminded this week that Vandy gave the stellar 1996 NC team its toughest SEC game - a 7 point win.

I think this Gator team is on a mission to improve each week and won’t overlook a Vandy team that just beat Kentucky in Lexington. The road graders up front plow ahead and grind them down. Gators win 34-17.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Getting my bunch ready for tomorrow.

1668772306101.jpeg

Being a FL kid I loved playing when it was cold. We're gonna have a little wind that should hit right where the Gator Section normally is. But it's Vandy, by the middle of the first quarter you can pretty much sit wherever you want. I think Napier will have them ready to play. Sun should be shining and once they get warmed up, they'll be ready to go. Lean on that strong run game and get control. Vandy is #130 in total defense and #91st against the rush. That tends to lead to a even poorer pass defense. Should be the same approach as last week. Start fast, play clean, D continue to improve, pass when you need to.

For those of you coming up....Go Gators!

1668772597400.png

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Chiding us, not the team.

Playing at Vandy is a difficult because it’s a downright depressing place. Gray stadium. Usually a gray sky. Cold. You can wander the campus and there’s zero indication a game is happening that day. It’s almost like being in the ACC (where they belong.)

But they are often scrappy and play like it’s their Super Bowl.

SOS reminded this week that Vandy gave the stellar 1996 NC team its toughest SEC game - a 7 point win.

I think this Gator team is on a mission to improve each week and won’t overlook a Vandy team that just beat Kentucky in Lexington. The road graders up front plow ahead and grind them down. Gators win 34-17.
That would just piss me off and make we want to curb stomp their azz into oblivion.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BTW…You started the f$u game thread before you started this one.
Yeah, and? I'm still failing to see your point.

I'm not worried in the least about UF winning the game tomorrow. It's only a matter of how bad. I'm also not worried about Napier having the team ready to play.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yeah, and? I'm still failing to see your point.

I'm not worried in the least about UF winning the game tomorrow. It's only a matter of how bad. I'm also not worried about Napier having the team ready to play.
I can't help but think Mr Peabody would have given a more thoughtful and appropriate response. This was rather dismissive, IMHO.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't even thought of the night I was at the old Gator Bowl game in 83 between Iowa and UF till I read your post. It was great to witness UF win a bowl game but the whole night all I could think of was how freaking cold it was in Jax that evening. That cold wind only made it worse. I only went to the game because it was blacked out locally and I was not missing one Gator game that season.
We were in a bowl game at the Swamp one year against Miami, OH when I was a teenager I think. I can't remember what bowl it was. Something like tangarine or something like that. Cold, cold, bitter cold night in Gainesville. My dad was smart and brought us a blanket. I don't think we'd have made it through the game without that blanket. It was so so cold!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve found a poncho or rain jacket keeps you warmer than anything. They hold in the heat and block the wind.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have a chance.....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If we're at the point the fans can't dismiss Vandy, we've got real problems.

I dismiss them. I dismiss them the same way I dismissed them back in 1990. And 2000. And 2010. I couldn't possibly dismiss them more. In fact, I've now been inspired by @Theologator to start a tradition of creating the game thread to the following game before I create this one.

Following this post, I want to see everyone chiming in that they also dismiss them. Don't disappoint me.

:ox3:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I dismiss them. I dismiss them the same way I dismissed them back in 1990. And 2000. And 2010. I couldn't possibly dismiss them more. In fact, I've now been inspired to start a tradition of creating the game thread to the following game before I create this one.

Following this post, I want to see everyone chiming in that they also dismiss them. Don't disappoint me.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I dismiss them. I dismiss them the same way I dismissed them back in 1990. And 2000. And 2010. I couldn't possibly dismiss them more. In fact, I've now been inspired to start a tradition of creating the game thread to the following game before I create this one.

Fuch Vandy

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.