Status
Not open for further replies.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One possibly overlooked aspect in Cowart's recruitment is his leadership. I doubt he'll be a Tebow on the field and he hasn't been in recruiting, but I noticed watching the UA All-American game that kids were looking him up to celebrate with him after big plays. I haven't seen it posted on the board, but he seems like a leader and could be a strong locker room influence (for good or bad, I guess). I have no expectation either way, but clearly I'd like him to be a Gator.

:chomp:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rmss;164980 said:
it just said that cowart did not show up at FSU and that he was changing his CB to UF

CB?

Atlgator12

Jan 22, 2015
Scarlett, I am no longer comitted to the university of Miami thanks to all the coaches for there time i will announce feb 2 on Foxsports! #UM #FSU #UF

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
^ @ZachAbolverdi: RB Jordan Scarlett (@Famousscarlett) decommits from Miami. Will announce on Feb. 2 between #UF and #FSU.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good news that Scarlett decommits Miami, maybe not so good that he did it while in Tallahassee.

It's between us and FSU.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: Thought #Gators for Scarlett last month but #Noles may have pulled ahead this weekend. Decommitting during FSU trip could be a telling sign.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett and Cronkite would be a nice 1-2 punch

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We'll know Monday on Scarlett. He's announcing on the 2nd. I'm thinking he'll be a preview of signing day for us and whether it will be a major windfall or disappointing.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FSU already has a top 2 class. Rich get richer thanks to poor ethics. I hope he and Cronckite choose the good guys.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
EuroGator;n164991 said:
One possibly overlooked aspect in Cowart's recruitment is his leadership. I doubt he'll be a Tebow on the field and he hasn't been in recruiting, but I noticed watching the UA All-American game that kids were looking him up to celebrate with him after big plays. I haven't seen it posted on the board, but he seems like a leader and could be a strong locker room influence (for good or bad, I guess). I have no expectation either way, but clearly I'd like him to be a Gator.

:chomp:
I think Cowart is the one leading the "everyone stay silent until NSD" group. He's also the one that been most vocal about Holland, CC and himself being a package deal.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The Original DC;n165008 said:
We'll know Monday on Scarlett. He's announcing on the 2nd. I'm thinking he'll be a preview of signing day for us and whether it will be a major windfall or disappointing.
If he announces Monday, he's a Nole. If you see him delay it til Wednesday, he'll be part of the Gator NSD coup.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n164986 said:
I believe Cowart is going to dominate in college, would be such a huge get.
Understated DC. Cowart will be the biggest gamechanger coming out this year on either side of the ball. I know we are in decent shape on defensive players but this guy will be a program changer wherever he ends up....He is that good.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n165021 said:
If he announces Monday, he's a Nole. If you see him delay it til Wednesday, he'll be part of the Gator NSD coup.

tag, i love your attitude about nsd,, i just cant wrap my mind around that happening

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Good article about Cowart with some alarming statements from his HS coach. (who is our DB coaches dad) Sounds like he could be another Dunlap.

Seffner Armwood coach Sean Callahan has seen plenty of college prospects come and go. He’s seen success and failure. He can probably gauge a prospect’s future as well as anyone. He’s coached Cowart for four years, and yet, even Callahan holds no crystal ball as to what the future will be for the No. 1-ranked defensive end in the nation.

“Well, he could be one way or the other. He could be the biggest bust or he could be an unbelievable football player,” Callahan said of Cowart. “If he’s with the right people and they know how to get him to play hard every down, then he can be one of the best ever. … It all depends with him. He’ll have to be with the right people. He has some things he has to work through.”

“He never played for us like the way he played at Under Armour that one week, that’s for sure,” Callahan said. “But that’s just a maturity thing and you never give up on kids, so hopefully one day he will get it and he’ll play at that level all of the time, wherever he plays.

”There are two ways Callahan sees it. He can play on and off like he did for four years at Armwood, or he can play with the purpose and tenacity he showed during the week en route to being named MVP of the Under Armour All-American Game.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...0131-post.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.