Poll: How does the 2021 Gators football season play out?

How do you think our 2021 Gators football season plays out?

• 3-9 (5 losses and 4 Covid forfeits)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
It’s called sticking up for yourself. I’m simply stating facts about you guys. You guys were nasty to me from the moment I joined.

You came to the board with a thread titled "No More Insults". What did you think was going to happen? I think you know what you are doing. If you truly don't understand what a troll is then you are one really stupid guy. Sorry. There's other Gator message boards for guys like you. Maybe you should check those out if it bothers you so much to be here. Why keep coming back? I haven't seen one intelligent post backed up with stats or facts from you.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Out of curiosity, what record(s) are you expecting him to break?

The two most likely that I can think of are school records for most rushing yards by a QB in a game and/or season.

Any record I just want us to have a good season and I'll hope we have one until hope is gone or we do and start over again the next year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any record I just want us to have a good season and I'll hope we have one until hope is gone or we do and start over again the next year.

Well Trask broke many impressive records last year and still had 4 losses. Tim Tebow was 9-4 the year he won the Heisman. It's great when QBs perform well, but I think most here would prefer to watch us win in Atlanta or better than have another record breaking QB without a win in Atlanta.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
A couple of starts doesn't negate my comment. Both uga anD lsu qbs last year were backups.
And still, they will both torch 3rd and Dwagtham repeatedly, you can bank on that. By the way, you were missing a D, you know, kind of like our team last year. I'm not real confident this year's D will be much better.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And still, they will both torch 3rd and Dwagtham repeatedly, you can bank on that. By the way, you were missing a D, you know, kind of like our team last year. I'm not real confident this year's D will be much better.
im not real confident we found one.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

:bwahaha: You don't even know what records you want to be broken. You are just full on hope while totaling ignoring the reality. Don't confuse people here talking about the reality of whats going on with this Mullen coached team as people who don't hope we do great things and our players break a lot of records. People here who are in the real world are just angry that all we have in year 4 of the Mullen era is hope and a huge 7.6M contract.

Well Trask broke many impressive records last year and still had 4 losses. Tim Tebow was 9-4 the year he won the Heisman. It's great when QBs perform well, but I think most here would prefer to watch us win in Atlanta or better than have another record breaking QB without a win in Atlanta.

Peach Bowl Champions!!!!!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I went with 9-3. Anything better than that and I give Dan Mullen full credit for squeezing more out of the players than their recruit rankings indicate their skill levels are at. Bama and UGA both have a much higher overall skill level than we do and LSU is nearly identical and we have to play in their house this year. 9-3 seems the most likely outcome given those facts.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Based on what I’m watching tonight, we will not lose to either USF or Tinerc.

P.S. Bucknuts are not looking like a future playoff team at the moment.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Luckily for Dale Warner, he has another account under Swamp Donkey, for times like this, when he gets banned.
Why would I create an alias that thinks like you?

I cant even feign stupidity.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm gonna go with a boring 8-4. There will be a ton of Qb options which will quickly get old but Mullen will run it 15 times a game. Nothing will happen after the season unless it's Mullen getting extended for some reason. I think we lose to the big 3 Bama, LSU, UGA and for some reason my gut keeps telling me FSU will beat us as well.

I hope I'm wrong and I probably will be but I'm going into the season like I've gone into every season the last 8 years and that's not excited about the season. I can't get excited when we continue to have average recruiting classes.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
They live in realville where past performance is a likely indicator of future results.

The Gators were 12th in scoring defense and 11th against the run in 2019, 24th in scoring defense and 49th against the run in 2018 (the transition year.) Obviously 2020 was a complete meltdown. Greenard - 3* transfer - made a huge difference in 2019. Losing him & Zuniga in the first 2-3 plays vs. LSU was disastrous. That’s why we have 2 dozen (literally about 12) LB/DE Buck types. Much depends on whether any of them can terrorize QBs. Cox? Princely?

Add to that the fact that we have 9 DL over 300, 10 if you count that Watson takes up 2 seats in the room. Donk’s big butts are here, thanks to the transfer portal. Carter is a legit 285lb talented DE. Dexter is an insanely quick 300lb+ 6’6” guy to rush up the middle on passing plays.

I think we are solid at LB & will be fine at CB.

The biggest question is having that star who can play it like Chauncey. Next biggest are the Safeties. We can’t be any worse than the last few years. I think we will be better and helped a lot by the front 7.

Offensively, Mullen will move the ball & average at least 32ppg. His run game will work with our QBs and I look for Whittemore to emerge as a star. Im looking for Braun & White to lead the OL to improve.

Special teams haven’t been as special as they should be. We’ve had great punters and kickers, but coverage hasn’t been great and we haven’t blocked many. I expect that to continue, but maybe the punter & kicker are very good rather than excellent.

The most important games are 1. UGLY 2. UGA & 3. Georgia. I will join the HBC and say we’ve got a real chance to beat Bama, and I think we have a good shot at beating LSU. But UGA counts as 2 games.

So…the path is always the same.

Hold serve in the Swamp, win the ones we should on the road and split UGA & LSU. If we can win the ones we should and go 2-1 vs. the 3 big ones, 11-1. More likely 10-2 or 9-3. But I’m going to say 11-1.

Even 11-1 might not get us to Atlanta. UGA will be favored in every game they play, so as usual we must beat them. At least we get our toughest game at home. Beat them and hope they lose one they shouldn’t. (Come on Kirby! You can do it!!!)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators were 12th in scoring defense and 11th against the run in 2019, 24th in scoring defense and 49th against the run in 2018 (the transition year.) Obviously 2020 was a complete meltdown. Greenard - 3* transfer - made a huge difference in 2019. Losing him & Zuniga in the first 2-3 plays vs. LSU was disastrous. That’s why we have 2 dozen (literally about 12) LB/DE Buck types. Much depends on whether any of them can terrorize QBs. Cox? Princely?

Add to that the fact that we have 9 DL over 300, 10 if you count that Watson takes up 2 seats in the room. Donk’s big butts are here, thanks to the transfer portal. Carter is a legit 285lb talented DE. Dexter is an insanely quick 300lb+ 6’6” guy to rush up the middle on passing plays.

I think we are solid at LB & will be fine at CB.

The biggest question is having that star who can play it like Chauncey. Next biggest are the Safeties. We can’t be any worse than the last few years. I think we will be better and helped a lot by the front 7.

Offensively, Mullen will move the ball & average at least 32ppg. His run game will work with our QBs and I look for Whittemore to emerge as a star. Im looking for Braun & White to lead the OL to improve.

Special teams haven’t been as special as they should be. We’ve had great punters and kickers, but coverage hasn’t been great and we haven’t blocked many. I expect that to continue, but maybe the punter & kicker are very good rather than excellent.

The most important games are 1. UGLY 2. UGA & 3. Georgia. I will join the HBC and say we’ve got a real chance to beat Bama, and I think we have a good shot at beating LSU. But UGA counts as 2 games.

So…the path is always the same.

Hold serve in the Swamp, win the ones we should on the road and split UGA & LSU. If we can win the ones we should and go 2-1 vs. the 3 big ones, 11-1. More likely 10-2 or 9-3. But I’m going to say 11-1.

Even 11-1 might not get us to Atlanta. UGA will be favored in every game they play, so as usual we must beat them. At least we get our toughest game at home. Beat them and hope they lose one they shouldn’t. (Come on Kirby! You can do it!!!)
read the first paragraph then sort of snoozed off. Granthams defenses have sucked his whole career, at every stop. You know it, I know it, butters dog Clarabelle knows it. None of us need stupid stats. The best his defense has ever been has still resulted in losing essentially every truly meaningful game he's coached. I couldn't care less that he pads some stats against garbage teams. When he plays the big boys, he chokes harder than t's mom on half price Tuesday at the velvet lounge.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The annoying Dan Warner alias is banned. I have no idea why BNA unbanned him.

Thanks. It was the troll-free pitch that brought me here. I’m much more optimistic than most of you guys and don’t mind getting trashed for it or the banter. But the virtual slap fights are annoying unless they are funny.

But folks, don’t be dismissive of hope. It’s the trump card on doom.

My Gator fandom starts from the standpoint of these are our guys. I get into their stories and want them to succeed on & off the field. That tends to make me see, say, the brilliant flash of Trey Dean’s INT vs. Bama or Dexter’s INT vs. Ut as potential for 2021. I really want them to succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator