POLL: How much playing time does AR15 get against USF?

How much playing time does AR15 get against USF?

• Zero playing time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 slop time drive

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 2-3 "get some experience" drives

Votes: 60 57.7%
  • Relieves an ineffective EJ5 for half the snaps

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Starts the game relieved by EJ5 after ineffective play

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Starts and finishes the game

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Ham Sammich

Votes: 14 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
If Mullen was truly concerned about a qb controversy then why would he let AR finish the game still throwing it deep and trying to score? Especially after Emory had struggled so bad. If he thought Emory was the future I think he'd had Emory out there more trying to rebuild his confidence. Mullen may be an idiot but no one who watched them Sat thought Emory was the better qb including Mullen. I think he gave that stupid reaction when asked about the qb situation to protect Emory. He knows AR is the future but he also knows he needs them both because he has absolutely nothing behind them. If he named AR the starter week 2 then there's a good chance Emory is gone immediately with the new transfer rule. Then what happens when AR gets dinged up running the ball up the gut 25 times a game.

I fully expect to see Emory start every game as long as he's healthy but look for AR to eventually get way more snaps. Kinda like the same way he did Tebow and Leak but with Emory starting and playing more the Tebow role while AR getting way more snaps.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Mullen knows Grantham is a crap DC. He knows sideways passing nets sideways yards. He knows EJ is too small and not cerebrally gifted enough to maximize his offense. He knows It’s only a matter of time before AR15 becomes a star in this league because legs don’t require reading the field. You simply go fast and jump over people.

It’s the inner voice that holds him back. It’s too soon to turn the ball over to the underclassman. I have to balance his and EJ’s confidence. It’s not all EJ’s fault. The receivers botch plays. We haven’t lost a ballgame yet, so why panic?

In the back of his head it’s this: I’ve got this rare talent who’s a perfect fit for my oddball offense. I gotta find a way to get him in for more plays. I don’t want to send the wrong message about upperclassmen who work hard and wait their turn. God, if only EJ can turn a high ankle.

There’s a reason why SOS got things done. He refrained from thinking and went all action. You produced, you played.

I agree with everything you just wrote… in theory. I’m just not so sure Dan has the introspective reasoning skills to go that deep. I view him more of an amoeba that goes along on autopilot. He’s truly hardwired to just be as dumb as he is. I’m convinced he really is Cousin Eddie with a whistle.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You leave with the one that brung ya'. Mullin has spent his HC career going with upper classmen when he could. Spurrier spent his yanking non productive QBs until they caught on. If EJ runs three times into the bammer tackles, AR will be the QB. Some of you football geniuses are going to get what you wished for.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
So far the poll is telling us it will be a repeat of this FAU game. What the hell fun is that, cmon peeps be bold!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i love how folks come on this board and make posts that are clearly intended to comfort their own psyches. Like how mullen knows what he has, wont make dumb decisions, sees the right answers, will undoubtedly do whats best for the team, etc.

that sounds just like ol' dan...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
you think 1 guy at the qb spot will takedown bama? really? tebow couldnt take down bama as our team stands now. you cant just run qb power every play. you need recievers to get open, linemen to block and open holes, backs to run and protect, etc. We had all of that with tim and some of it with trask. At this point it looks like AR would need to be a 1 man show. It's difficult to beat anyone as a 1 man show, let alone the best team by far in the country. Some of you guys are living in pure fantasy land.

Beating bama.... :lmao:

Last edited:

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
He knows AR is the future but he also knows he needs them both because he has absolutely nothing behind them. If he named AR the starter week 2 then there's a good chance Emory is gone immediately with the new transfer rule.

That's exactly what happened with Treon/Grier. Everyone knew who needed to start but it took until game 3 or 4 so it would be too late for Treon to transfer. Why does this seem to be the only team that can't get its best quarterback on the field?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why does this seem to be the only team that can't get its best quarterback on the field?
75f689c40510a7.gif

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i love how folks come on this board and make posts that are clearly intended to comfort their own psyches. Like how mullen knows what he has, wont make dumb decisions, sees the right answers, will undoubtedly do whats best for the team, etc.

that sounds just like ol' dan...
I mean, I don't see you getting paid millions to coach college football :whistle:

Jk Durty....ya skank

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They'll both play and we will win. Let's hope for Gators' sake they both play well so it will keep our future opponents guessing. I'm sure there is some kind of game plan for Bama, but realistically, it's penciled in as a loss no matter who's in there. I like watching AR more than EJ, but I don't think EJ played up to his potential in the first game. Yeah, it's fun picking favorites especially when we can slag on Mullen in the process, but neither has a ton of experience.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
As long as Mullen knows he can win with EJ he's going to stick with him and AR will get some backup playing time at best. He will feel he owes EJ that much. He will start EJ against Bama and will only put AR in the game if Bama makes it looks like its going to be a rout. At that point Mullen can't ignore reality any longer and will not be able to withstand the wrath of the fans. In that situation AR risks getting hurt because by that time Bama will be teeing off and playing lights out.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
you think 1 guy at the qb spot will takedown bama? really? tebow couldnt take down bama as our team stands now. you cant just run qb power every play. you need recievers to get open, linemen to block and open holes, backs to run and protect, etc. We had all of that with tim and some of it with trask. At this point it looks like AR would need to be a 1 man show. It's difficult to beat anyone as a 1 man show, let alone the best team by far in the country. Some of you guys are living in pure fantasy land.

Beating bama.... :lmao:

I think at this point fans should be hoping for an above .500 record.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
By my watch, it’s been 32 years since Florida played its last regular-season game in Tampa, a 21-0 win over Mississippi State in Emmitt Smith’s final season in Gainesville.

I was there for the previous visit, a wild 32-20 loss to Miami in the ‘84 opener that saw UF, led by true freshman Kerwin Bell in his collegiate debut, come from behind and nearly pull off the upset of the defending national champion. That was as good of a college game as I’ve seen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think at this point fans should be hoping for an above .500 record.
I STILL see 3 losses and maybe one or two more Mullinz Special losses but the schedule is so damn soft it is HARD to imagine losing more.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love when people say this.

Barns defense wasnt spectacular but they had a several absolute studs in the front seven and two dominating DTs (which makes any defense dangerous), solid Mike and other LBs.

Want to know an easy way to tell if the defense is any good? check to see if the middle linebacker is the leading tackler. if the safeties are the leading tacklers, your defense sucks, aka DBU.

Everyonr wanted Michael Dyer and Ontario McCaleb, including us. Cam didnt have great receivers but he was only throwing for 2000 yards anyway, and usually after the defense collapsed on the running game giving him huge windows.

On paper have a handful of five stars but most are failures who transferred out. It isnt similar.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That was a national championship team fuchstard. You think this team is beating Bama and winning a championship with nothing other than AR taking the reigns?

What's it like over there in pure stupid land? Youve been there long enough to know all the local hangouts.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:pe:

Apparently he is sitting on Fat Deag's lap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.