POLL: Who's your Favorite Women's World Cup Soccer Player?

And the choices are... Alex Morgan: Her overly involved soccer dad would kill you if he knew even h

• Alex Morgan

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Hope Solo

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Abby Wambach

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Carli Lloyd

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Fk Jeremy Foley and his liberal Title IX agenda

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Mia Hamm Sammich

Votes: 18 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
To promote the concept of not aggrandizing oneself, to show that soccer Is a team sport, I hope Americans stop watching the US women's soccer such that their income drops drastically. Teach for not supporting America, then America will not support them. It's teamwork, you know = pull together.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
megan-rapinoe-of-the-united-states-celebrates-with-the-news-photo-1154495848-1562592253.jpg

cxx_rapinoe_22.jpg

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It's soccer...None of the above.

Now that you pissed off 1/2 the country...let the other half pay you. I refuse to watch...I hear NIKE calling.

And when the money dries up...maybe you'll remember it's entertainment...you are no longer entertaining...go play in Brazil

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
images

Wow...everybody is standing. Not one kid has their hand over their heart. Commie punks.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
His response should be I will do everything in my power to get all of the female national teams in American Sports an increase in pay. It would be a huge win for the Trumpster.

Trump is a business man, he's looking for the return on an investment. There is no gain for him, personally or politically (or for the country in that matter) by paying the players more than their sport earns. I'm not sure what exactly you are after by suggesting this, but in looking at Trump's position, there is no reason to do what you suggest.

he should try he should put pressure on the United States soccer Federation leaders to bump up the women on the national team. I Look to do the same for women's hockey women's basketball and whatever else women's sports we have with a national team.

Again, what is your intent? Improve the sport? Encourage more and better players? Paying them more may get more applicants and kids pursuing it, but it won't make them any better. And, frankly, I doubt you'll find anyone playing on a National Team for income - they pursued a sport they love and have managed to take it as far as they can.

Perhaps, if the intent is to 'improve the sport' the President could encourage/divert funding towards building a better program nationally. Invest in the SPORTS, so they become more popular, more available, with better facilities, hiring better coaching, etc. Improve the sport, and then the players can improve more and provide a better NT product. But paying the players more? You're rewarding whinging that is misplaced on the part of the players.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So Rapinoe refuses to stand and honor the country that provides her the freedom to be a whiner she says because Trump is taking away her freedoms. Would someone be so kind as to list the freedoms she has lost since Trump took office........I’ll wait for a response because I assume that it will take some time and imagination to complete the list

As I understand it, her kneeling protest has been primarily aimed at the same as Kaepernic = police against blacks. Her mouth keeps shooting off about equal pay, but the kneeling was about cops and race. Though, you'll see she is standing as they made a rule she can't kneel anymore...though she'll go without hand over heart or singing the anthem as the current method of protest, it seems.

One thing I haven't seen her mouth off about is how Trump spoke during campaigning about supporting LGBTQ, then is headlined for undoing a lot of the progress for that community that Obama put in place. I'm finding this a bit odd, as she's using her platform for other things but not this one - and her sexuality is a common part of any commentary about her, as evidenced throughout this thread.

images

Wow...everybody is standing. Not one kid has their hand over their heart. Commie punks.

I'm sure there's some sarcastic tone intended, but you do realize all the kids are French, right? They a) don't care about the US National Anthem, b) wouldn't put thier hand over heart for a foreign country's anthem (would you?), and c) may not even do hand over heart for their own anthem...many countries don't, they just stand and sing.

Though, as discussed earlier in the thread, Rapino is not doing hand over heart - her form of protest since they made a rule that she can't kneel.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Berhalter has them playing with the staple components of physicality and toughness, but with a real noticeable level of attacking offense. Its the best ive seen US soccer in quite some time. they lost yesterday to mexico 1-0 but it was the concacaf gold cup final. After failing to qualify for the next world cup under arenas and that german turd, I'd say theyve had some pretty significant improvement.

I've long wanted the USMNT to 'do something' besides flail about ineffectively. Hell, in the 90's we had some names and personalities to get behind (Donovan, Lalas, etc) but mediocre was the best they could do. The current team is enjoyably improved - there is energy and attack, though I can still see a lack of planned movement so there is still a ways to go. I just wanted to comment that I am seeing improvement.

Most visible yesterday when you replace Altidore with Zardes; and...despite needing a goal and having a fast, goal-scoring winger on the bench, you put in a LB with 5 minutes to go??

Yeah, the LB sub was purely :banghead:, and the Altidore > Zardes didn't make a lot of sense either.

There's a massive hole of players in their mid to late 20s from those eras who failed to develop or push the late 80s bunch from the team (Bradley, Altidore, Omar Gonzales, etc).

I had a serious :wtf: when I saw Bradley still on the field...starting!! I get the need for some experience on the field to stabilize and guide the team during play, but he should have been moved out by now by younger talent coming up. You're spot on wiht the lost generation. I'm not watching the U17 or U20 teams to know what talent is coming up beyond the known young stars on the USMNT now, but I have to hope.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
images

Oh yes, because people that disagree with you are stupid, evil monsters that can't tell the difference between willful acts of disrespect and children insufficiently coached in etiquette (assuming they aren't French children as was suggested above :headslap:). They are also hate mongers who would never, say, celebrate another lesbian on the team that acted quickly to pick the flag dropped on the ground by another teammate during a celebration. I didn't have a favorite female (or male) US soccer player until I saw that. Now I do, and it's Kelly O'Hara.

You've got stronger projection than a 1980's console television.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I like soccer. I'm proud our women are the best in the world. Protesting is an American tradition. I wish our men were more competitive.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I like soccer. I'm proud our women are the best in the world. Protesting is an American tradition. I wish our men were more competitive.
While I agree that protesting is an American tradition, I also think there are times and places when it is appropriate and when it's not. For example, I think it is inappropriate to protest at a funeral, such as those Westboro Baptists do, and at somewhere like Arlington National Cemetery. I also think it is inappropriate at the playing of a National Anthem. (Note I said "a" not "the.") I also think it is inappropriate at your place of employment and anywhere you are representing your country. What say you?

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

Just making sure we're on the same page - counter protesting protesters is also an American tradition. She's free consider the nation disgraceful and be a good American and the people who voice their opinion that she's a national disgrace are also good Americans, right coach?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WC Title parade speech by MR - A little drawn out, but a good overall message (especially the last 2 minutes) without much sniping at Trump (only one incident that I remember, and that was even indirect).

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As I understand it, her kneeling protest has been primarily aimed at the same as Kaepernic = police against blacks. Her mouth keeps shooting off about equal pay, but the kneeling was about cops and race. Though, you'll see she is standing as they made a rule she can't kneel anymore...though she'll go without hand over heart or singing the anthem as the current method of protest, it seems.

One thing I haven't seen her mouth off about is how Trump spoke during campaigning about supporting LGBTQ, then is headlined for undoing a lot of the progress for that community that Obama put in place. I'm finding this a bit odd, as she's using her platform for other things but not this one - and her sexuality is a common part of any commentary about her, as evidenced throughout this thread.

I'm sure there's some sarcastic tone intended, but you do realize all the kids are French, right? They a) don't care about the US National Anthem, b) wouldn't put thier hand over heart for a foreign country's anthem (would you?), and c) may not even do hand over heart for their own anthem...many countries don't, they just stand and sing.

Though, as discussed earlier in the thread, Rapino is not doing hand over heart - her form of protest since they made a rule that she can't kneel.

So now the protest is back to being about racism?

She was quoted a few weeks ago, when pressed about possibly hating her country, she said that her protest was NOT directed at the country or the flag, it was directed at the current administration and their ongoing erosion of her freedoms. This is the reason why I asked for a list of lost freedoms.
The first sign that your actions are bogus is when you must change the motivations and intent each time someone dispells your position.
So far this is the list I have from her:
- Racism and police brutality
- Trump and his stealing her freedoms
- Sexism and equal pay
The real reason is that she is a whiney bi##h that has been taught to complain and criticize to win points with her friends and political peers.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
She was quoted a few weeks ago, when pressed about possibly hating her country, she said that her protest was NOT directed at the country or the flag, it was directed at the current administration and their ongoing erosion of her freedoms. This is the reason why I asked for a list of lost freedoms.

I'd not seen, nor heard, this. Then again, I've been hiding on a mountain most of the last week. I have no problem admitting when I am missing information.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
WC Title parade speech by MR - A little drawn out, but a good overall message (especially the last 2 minutes) without much sniping at Trump (only one incident that I remember, and that was even indirect).
followed up by a publicly broadcast "muthaf*cka"... real classy, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator