Q w/an A - What does BN's offense look like?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever dude...bump that chit down the road to someone who cares. You jumped into this discussion on me and tried to get me to say something I didnt. Now you are instigating the personal insults towards me by saying thats all I do. That stank is on you, not me.
whatever-dog.gif

I left the stank on your mom last night... simple jack.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Texas, Georgia, and Alabama, also have more other schools to compete for that talent. ULL has one other team in their conference and LSU in state for the most part, and gets the decent scraps from East Texas. It's one of the real advantages LSU has had for decades, being the only major school in LA, but having access to east texas and the schit schools in Mississippi.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Nonsense. All I've said is he's finally giving us a real football program. I don't know how it will translate to wins and losses, but I definitely think that even if he failed, he would leave the program one hell of a lot better than he found it.

People like yourself who hate the hire because it wasn't "splashy" will continue to nitpick every little thing and try and convince others it will be the offense of Muschamp II.

Yeah. Because that's how it works. If you criticize anything Nap does then you "hate the hire". Likewise if he brings his staff from LA or runs off 4*s for 3*s, and runs 70% of the time those are all good things because you love the hire.

Swamp Gas by any other name is still Swamp Gas.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I get that many folks wanted someone else as HBC. Too bad; this is the guy we have. Moving along, I find it tough to criticize his team’s performance when he hasn’t coached a single game at UF. (As I’ve said before, there will plenty of time later to beat him up for this if it ends up being a bad hire.)

All I can really judge him on thus far is his recruiting effort and his skill at putting together a staff. I have nothing bytch about. I promise to never ask anyone to “trust the coaches”, but at least give the guy a chance before starting fireBillyNapier.com.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
If you watch the video in the op, that’s his offense.
Guy that compiled the video says it’s a run first offense similar to what Sarkisian runs.

There are RPO components , yet not very many QB dive plays.
Qb will not be leading the team in Rushing.

To me, it looks like run and run as long as you’re moving the chains.
Run until the defense starts creeping up in the box then throw.

Also looks like he likes a “featured back”.
Best back will play the most.

In my opinion
This offense looks like a 400 to 450 ypg total offense average.

More against lesser teams, less against better teams.
Question is can it work against teams like Bama & UGA? Most teams that beat said teams don't line up and just run the ball at them, they find creative ways to win.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A. Riley wasn't coming to a SEC team
B. The administration, right or wrong, wasn't giving a $100 million contract to him, even if he wanted to come

Riley was the only "splash" guy out there, and he'll be a dud in California. Who else? Kelly and Cristobal? Don't make me laugh. Hell, no one even showed the slightest interest in Lane Kiffin.

People like Doug hate the hire, they've been trashing Napier from the beginning and they just keep on going. They are going to look like morons, although Doug has already been there for years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. Because that's how it works. If you criticize anything Nap does then you "hate the hire". Likewise if he brings his staff from LA or runs off 4*s for 3*s, and runs 70% of the time those are all good things because you love the hire.

Swamp Gas by any other name is still Swamp Gas.
You DO hate the hire, you've said so since the beginning. You've been a prick this entire time and I look forward to throwing a lot of great stuff that is going to be happening into your face.

As far as your last comment (in tiny font for some cowardly reason), so many people still have Battered Wife Syndrome and hopefully they can eventually come out of it.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
A. Riley wasn't coming to a SEC team.
I think this is very true and was a big factor on why he decided to leave Okie in the first place.

They will have a much tougher road to hoe in the SEC. He knew that, figured he no longer had the job for life and looked for greener pastures. And he found one. With the built in recruiting advantages at USCw, he may dominate that conference much like he did the B-12 and make a ton of coin to boot.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A. Riley wasn't coming to a SEC team
B. The administration, right or wrong, wasn't giving a $100 million contract to him, even if he wanted to come

Riley was the only "splash" guy out there, and he'll be a dud in California. Who else? Kelly and Cristobal? Don't make me laugh. Hell, no one even showed the slightest interest in Lane Kiffin.

People like Doug hate the hire, they've been trashing Napier from the beginning and they just keep on going. They are going to look like morons, although Doug has already been there for years.

Ox doesn't read the posts on his own board, because he is too busy looking at pictures of ole tater tot and waxing poetically about them....

Never said I hated or liked the hire... why because I am in wait in see. Which I have said multiple times.

I hated the manner in which the UAA conducted the interview process and search. Which I have stated multiple times. I don't get why you keep jerking off to promises the UAA made to a coach being hired, like it's the first time that same organization has made those promises in the last decade. This organization has been shown to be lazy and cheap the last decade and a half, I hope that has changed. But what logical person is going to expect that change after a decade of delayed and broken promises.

Drink that kool aid my friend, Ox has told us that it's a new day in the UAA.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I hated the manner in which the UAA conducted the interview process and search.
You don't have an effing clue how the UAA conducted the search or who they talked to. Stricklin was working on this for God knows how many weeks before Mullen was canned.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This organization has been shown to be lazy and cheap the last decade and a half, I hope that has changed. But what logical person is going to expect that change after a decade of delayed and broken promises.

7.5 million for assistant coaches.
5 million for unspecified number of staff.
Napier's incentives to get to and win the national championship was more than doubled compared to muLLLLLLen.
You are wrong.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
7.5 million for assistant coaches.
5 million for unspecified number of staff.
Napier's incentives to get to and win the national championship was more than doubled compared to muLLLLLLen.
You are wrong.

like I said, promises that have been made before...... it's ok...

For a dude that came in here defending ole Mullen I'll take what you say with a grain of salt. You have proven in your 3 years here, that you just look for what they say, not what they do.... and they have yet to really do schit yet.

What is the reason for Mullen's perceived cap? | Page 5 | Gatorchatter

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

For a dude that came in here defending ole Mullen I'll take what you say with a grain of salt. You have proven in your 3 years here, that you just look for what they say, not what they do.... and they have yet to really do schit yet.

Are you actually suggesting that they are NOT giving their claimed salary pool for assistants?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Oh yeah...that is some serious sunshine muLLLLLLen pumping you caught me with. Are you dumb and cant comprehend when you read?

I left Gator Country years ago because of the sunshine pumping. I really like Mullen ... but lets deal in the rational and not the emotional. He is doing a great job so far and I hope he keeps it going.

But okay, I can play the game of take a snippet here and there. Here is one of you:

I didn't take them as aimed at me, but as a valid statement.

Not all people who see the positives are pumpers, hell there is a lot to be excited about. Mullen is the first good SEC quality coach we have since Meyer had his health episode. 2010 Meyer was a shell of the man he was previously. Muschamp a better CEO than coach, McElwian a schitty CEO. Mullen understands you need both, and that is refreshing.

You are such a fuggin muLLLLLLen nutswing sunshine pumper. Look at you.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you actually suggesting that they are NOT giving their claimed salary pool for assistants?

I'm saying we have seen these types of promises before, that they didn't follow through with...... just cause they said the pool there, doesn't mean they are going to actually fulfill it. Just like the promised Football facility that was supposed to be done 5 years ago.... But until they show there is real change... why believe they will.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh yeah...that is some serious sunshine muLLLLLLen pumping you caught me with. Are you dumb and cant comprehend when you read?

But okay, I can play the game of take a snippet here and there. Here is one of you:

You are such a fuggin muLLLLLLen nutswing sunshine pumper. Look at you.

I did think he was better than I expected... But I also thought you were better too nuttswigger. So that's shows us what I thought in 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator