SEC Championship: Bama crushes UGA with 536 yards and 41 points

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No... I want my team to be able to lose in Sept and Oct and maybe the Conf championship game too and STILL be able to play for a national championship or Im going to cry on the internet like a fuchsing cvvvnt constantly.

All you whining, crying playoff cvvvvnts.

There aren't even four teams who has actually earned the right to take a shot at the NC.

This season only two teams have earned a shot at the NC; Alabama and Michigan. The only thing the playoff is doing is handing Cincinnati an affirmative action invite and the Dwags a participation trophy invite. Neither of those two schools deserve a shot at the championship, and I hope the Gumps and Meatchicken beat the living hell out of both of them.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why is it so hard for people to wrap their heads around a system that requires teams to win in order to advance, and where the losers go home? Seems like every other sport on the planet has figured this out. Why is it that leaving the loser leghumpers home after losing the CG is such a hard pill to swallow? Who cares if they are "better" than Baylor? Baylor fvking WON their game, and the leghumpers LOST! That's how sports works.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Why is it so hard for people to wrap their heads around a system that requires teams to win in order to advance, and where the losers go home? Seems like every other sport on the planet has figured this out. Why is it that leaving the loser leghumpers home after losing the CG is such a hard pill to swallow? Who cares if they are "better" than Baylor? Baylor fvking WON their game, and the leghumpers LOST! That's how sports works.
Great idea only conference champs get into the playoffs. So we get Bama, Mich., Baylor, Utah and Pittsburg. Awesome sounds thrilling. Oh wait that's five teams, darn lets add undefeated conference champ Cincinnati, oh wait they aren't worthy of P5 exalted status. Wrap your head around that thrilling set of winners.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great idea only conference champs get into the playoffs. So we get Bama, Mich., Baylor, Utah and Pittsburg. Awesome sounds thrilling. Oh wait that's five teams, darn lets add undefeated conference champ Cincinnati, oh wait they aren't worthy of P5 exalted status. Wrap your head around that thrilling set of winners.
Wow, creative. I was thinking more along the lines of 4 highest ranked conference champs, which simply takes the same 3 we already have a replaces UGA with Baylor.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
But the other side of the coin is having a chance to watch Georgia lose again I’m not even make it to the national championship game which I think could very easily happen.

Last edited:

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It wasn't that they lost it was how they lost. It was an epic beat down. Their fans have been relentless this year. Fitting way to end their regular season and when Michigan beats them fitting way to end their whole season.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
This is why I am never in favor of expanding the playoffs in any sport...the more teams you let in, the more you devalue conference championship games and start accepting mediocrity....but we all know the NCAA is just as corrupt as other corporations.....ratings and money supercedes

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is why I am never in favor of expanding the playoffs in any sport...the more teams you let in, the more you devalue conference championship games and start accepting mediocrity....but we all know the NCAA is just as corrupt as other corporations.....ratings and money supercedes
That's why you only allow conference champions in oh I'm sorry Baylor goes ahead of a one loss Georgia they should have won their game as Zambo says its really quite simple

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You mean a beat down like Okie, Clemson and OSU have received in recent years. It seems the committee fxxs it up every year. Expansion and more meaningful games can't come soon enough.

First of all, I saw an opportunity for a humorous movie reference, which was my main motivation to post. Not losing much sleep over this topic.

Secondly, are you suggesting cincy is in the same stratosphere as OK, climpson and posu? I’m not against a G5 team getting into the CPF if they have a solid resume. However, a 5-7 nole$ train wreck indicated that cincy’s win over noter lame wasn’t very impressive… and that was their best and practically ONLY opportunity to have a “resume builder.”

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Wow, creative. I was thinking more along the lines of 4 highest ranked conference champs, which simply takes the same 3 we already have a replaces UGA with Baylor.
I can go with that. Others will not as you have seen the disdain for Cincinnati not being one of the "P5". I would like to see future revisions which include the 5 P5 champions the highest rated Group of 5 champions and to round out the field the 2 highest rated wild cards. This year it would be UGA and ND, leaving OSU with only 1 loss out in the cold. A system like that makes winning your conference championship mandatory for your sanctity of regular season and allows independents and really good others (UGA, OSU) an opportunity.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
First of all, I saw an opportunity for a humorous movie reference, which was my main motivation to post. Not losing much sleep over this topic.

Secondly, are you suggesting cincy is in the same stratosphere as OK, climpson and posu? I’m not against a G5 team getting into the CPF if they have a solid resume. However, a 5-7 nole$ train wreck indicated that cincy’s win over noter lame wasn’t very impressive… and that was their best and practically ONLY opportunity to have a “resume builder.”
see response to Zambo

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
If you are #1 heading into your conference championship game, why not just forfeit or play backups to avoid injury? Because obviously you can lose by 3 scores and still go to the CFP

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If you are #1 heading into your conference championship game, why not just forfeit or play backups to avoid injury? Because obviously you can lose by 3 scores and still go to the CFP

Second year on a row it’s been that way. Probably 2019 as well with Lsu, I just don’t recall. Remember though when many of us said the playoff would detract from the regular season only to be dismissed with the “get outta here” rebuttal. Well, now it seems even the conference championship games are irrelevant. As always, tinker with things and you’ll get unintended consequences.

You’re right though. Even last year going into the Lsu game we knew that even if we beat Alabama(the next week), it would simply be a dress rehearsal and we’d have to complete that monumental task again in the playoff. That should never be the case.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's coming.

We will be the NFL soon. Nothing but backups in November and December.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Second year on a row it’s been that way. Probably 2019 as well with Lsu, I just don’t recall. Remember though when many of us said the playoff would detract from the regular season only to be dismissed with the “get outta here” rebuttal. Well, now it seems even the conference championship games are irrelevant. As always, tinker with things and you’ll get unintended consequences.

You’re right though. Even last year going into the Lsu game we knew that even if we beat Alabama(the next week), it would simply be a dress rehearsal and we’d have to complete that monumental task again in the playoff. That should never be the case.
And the two things that need to be done to fix all of the problems you just listed are 1, get rid of divisions so the two best teams in each conference go to the championship game, and 2, only allow conference champs into the playoff. These two changes make every single game important. The "system" we have now does the exact opposite of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.