Show recommendation thread

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I'm watching season 2 of of Clarkson's farm.

The Brits town bureaucracy is worse than ours.

I didn't think that was possible. :lol:

We need to watch it soon.
I hear there won’t be a third season on Amazon. Clarkson said some mean things about Harry and Meghan and he’s been canceled.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Just watched first 2 episodes of Full Swing…it’s a behind the scenes look at some of the top golfers as they get ready for the Majors and decide on staying with PGA or going to LIV…so far so good

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just watched first 2 episodes of Full Swing…it’s a behind the scenes look at some of the top golfers as they get ready for the Majors and decide on staying with PGA or going to LIV…so far so good
It's pretty good.

I stopped watching golf before Tiger took over so I didnt recognize any of them. (Except Norman and Mickelson).

Amazing to see how hot and cold it runs even with the Pros.

It's all between the ears.

(except for that trophy bimbo that one dude is going to marry... he lives here in Jupiter ... she has expensive tastes)

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Tulsa King with Stallone

1923 with H Ford & H Mirren, a Yellowstone prequel.

Also Mayor of Kingstown

All have Taylor Sheridan involved.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
It's pretty good.

I stopped watching golf before Tiger took over so I didnt recognize any of them. (Except Norman and Mickelson).

Amazing to see how hot and cold it runs even with the Pros.

It's all between the ears.

(except for that trophy bimbo that one dude is going to marry... he lives here in Jupiter ... she has expensive tastes)

Yeah you must mean Koepka in regards to marrying the trophy bimbo...Jupiter is a hotbed for golf residences...Tiger, Rickie Fowler, Rory, Justin Thomas, Koepka, Nicklaus, Norman, and a couple others all live in the Jupiter/West Palm area

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Outer Banks season 1.Episode 7.
Kind of stupid.
Reminds me of ScoobyDoo.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I may have already asked this but…
Anyone watching The Last of Us on HBO?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
We're watching it (so is Daughter and her boyfriend and his roommates). We all like it. They all really like it, I have a lot of very nitpicky issues with it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. I enjoy it and have played both games.
I will say they are mostly following the game and do a good job of it.
That said, it's not quite like the game....but sometimes that can get repetitive, as when you come up on infected, etc
Overall though I like it, they are doing a good job with it.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
We're watching it (so is Daughter and her boyfriend and his roommates). We all like it. They all really like it, I have a lot of very nitpicky issues with it.

I am really hoping that the nitpicking is fast and furious while everyone is watching it with you.
Most people I know love that.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Gatordiddy They are changing somethings about it though.
They don't do spores like the game. It's more of an interconnected underground "tree root" type system.
Achieves the goal without having to deal with the whole spore look issue or how it keeps from going literally everywhere.

If you like the game you'll like the show most likely. I do hope they start to kick it up a notch though. It's more story telling through 6 episodes than it is action...though there is some throughout it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I am really hoping that the nitpicking is fast and furious while everyone is watching it with you.
Most people I know love that.
It is very, very, very difficult, but I withhold my litany until the show is over when we talk about it. :lol:

Here's an example, and it won't be a spoiler... me to wife: "We're 20+ years from the day the lights went out, but everyone has batteries for flashlights and they keep their flashlights on all the time... ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?"

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Do yourself a favor and stop now, it only gets worse
I watched all 3 seasons.

kind of a cross between Scooby-Doo and National Treasure with a right-wrong side of the tracks underpinning.

Meh.

I watched it because I got burned out reading. 2.5/5.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Update on my battery rant: in last night's episode, Ellie has a Walkman CASSETTE player (a notorious battery eater)... :facepalm:
couple of things here.
There's a 10 year gap between the time of the apocalypse 2003 and the time of the storyline 2013 for the first game (season 1), which is when the original game came out.
Batteries that would be used in a flashlight or a walkman can last (unused) for up to 10 years or more. some are said to last possibly as long as 20 years but not likely and probably highly degraded. So it's not out of the realm that there are left over batteries that have just been saved and not used with devices used sparingly.
They also recharge car batteries, so also wouldn't be out of the realm to recharge smaller batteries too. The lithium AA battery has been around since 1992.
Lastly, in the game, Last of Us and Nathan Drake (both made by Naughty Dog) the player "recharges" the flashlight by shaking the controller.
In the real world, the linear induction flashlight was created in 2002, a year before the "apocalypse" in the game, so it's not unreasonable to think this was a legit thing for the game, and while playing the game you do have to shake the controller often for the light to keep working, just like a real linear induction flashlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.