SOURCE: Reiterates UF is NOT firing Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If they wanted to fire him, why exactly haven’t they done it yet…like everyone else around the country that’s fired their duds?
What makes you think they haven’t? According to news outlets It’s already been established that if (when) the parting is to happen, they aren’t announcing it until after the season.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Isn't it possible, like many have been saying here and other places, that they are just working on a buyout and they will "mutually" agree that it isn't working out? Maybe that's why the news is that he isn't getting fired. Because they are calling it a mutual separation when really its just him getting canned because he failed epically.
You were correct right up until this “Maybe that’s why the news is he isn’t getting fired “. There’s absolutely no news that he isn’t going to be gone. The only place that would come from is Stricklin and he hasn’t said a single damn word of support. If Mullen was coming back he would announce it because otherwise he would be seen as intentionally further tanking the program by leaving all the uncertainty hanging over it. Mullen is gone and the next coach isn’t going to be Kiffin.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are using a logical argument on an organization that has shown not to be logical. It's like listing all the reasons sofla isn't gonna burn the mfer down, but he is sofla

This is how I feel too.

I have sliced and diced this over and over again and everything points to firing him and moving on.
However, I don’t possess the woke gene that would affect my ability to process data logically so I am not sure my processing has any value in this situation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s mind numbing to think that Mullen’s fate could even be tied to these final two games, as if anything is going to change who he is.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Back to my point, if Mullen's job was possibly wavering due to these last two games, I can only assume Stricklin would be sending feelers to representatives of other coaches right now - it would be incredibly irresponsible not to, especially with all the other openings. I find it hard to believe he's done that and none of it has been leaked - this stuff always gets out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s mind numbing to think that Mullen’s fate could even be tied to these final two games, as if anything is going to change who he is.
Hopelessly detached from reality?

Im mean they HIRED the fuchsing guy and his resume said this is exactly what we should expect.

Mediocre offense, check
QB keepers, option and screen passes, check
bad defense, check
zero receuiting, check
terrible staff and no improvements, check

Hopelessly optimistic or clueless?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Back to my point, if Mullen's job was possibly wavering due to these last two games, I can only assume Stricklin would be sending feelers to representatives of other coaches right now - it would be incredibly irresponsible not to, especially with all the other openings. I find it hard to believe he's done that and none of it has been leaked - this stuff always gets out.
There were some reports, Im not kidding, from Purdue that "Gators want our coach" on twitter. Pass.

Given that almost all the inquiries go to one agent, he can basically say here is a spreadsheet and how much each of my coaches cost you.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hopelessly detached from reality?

Im mean they HIRED the fuchsing guy and his resume said this is exactly what we should expect.

Mediocre offense, check
bad defense, check
zero receuiting, check
terrivle staff and no improvements, check

There’s an eerie similarity to my order for three 40-pound boxes of Arm & Hammer clumping cat litter from Walmart. Really good pricing at $15.64 per box. Only one box was delivered and it was damaged and leaking. There was (no pun intended) literally a pile of litter next to the box on my doorstep.

Now here’s where it gets really good. I called customer service to ask about the other two boxes. They’re coming, I was assured. They didn’t arrive. I called again. No dice. I called yet another time. No delivery. I called this morning. The automated message indicated to expect delivery of the product by Nov. 12. Enough is enough.

By now, you’re probably wondering what any of this has to do with Mullen. I’m not sure either.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

One would think, but let's remember that Strichnine is an incompetent puzzy. Even if he had any hint of knowing what he is doing, once he entered the athletic offices at UF, he was immediately overtaken by the stench of the Puppet Master himself. And that said Puppet Master passes along his wisdom (stench) to all who enter. Remember this is the same Puppet Master who said he always kept a list of potential coaching replacements for SOS and updated that list each year. Well when the time came his list contained the names of Mike Shanahan, Bob Stoops and Ron Zook. You can't make this stuff up nor can you escape or avoid the stench. :lmao2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There’s an eerie similarity to my order for three 40-pound boxes of Arm & Hammer clumping cat litter from Walmart. Really good pricing at $15.64 per box. Only one box was delivered and it was damaged and leaking. There was (no pun intended) literally a pile of litter next to the box on my doorstep.

Now here’s where it gets really good. I called customer service to ask about the other two boxes. They’re coming, I was assured. They didn’t arrive. I called again. No dice. I called yet another time. No delivery. I called this morning. The automated message indicated to expect delivery of the product by Nov. 12. Enough is enough.

By now, you’re probably wondering what any of this has to do with Mullen. I’m not sure either.
You order 120 pounds of kitty litter at once? 40 pounds last more than two months with my two cats. Do you have 30 cats?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You order 120 pounds of kitty litter at once? 40 pounds last more than two months with my two cats. Do you have 30 cats?
Is there any doubt he is a cat person?

75f2c4ace8b6cf.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Three. They crap and pee a lot. I mean, a lot. If I don’t change the litter every three days, they start crapping on the floor. I hate toting 40-pound boxes, so I order in bulk. I’m maintaining a mini cat litter warehouse in my garage.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is there any doubt he is a cat person?

One for each of her kids. All but the daughter abandoned the role of caretaker soon after we brought them home. I’ve been cleaning up cat poop ever since. I almost need counseling.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
One for each of her kids. All but the daughter abandoned the role of caretaker soon after we brought them home. I’ve been cleaning up cat poop ever since. I almost need counseling.

Either that or adapt the stance of your home is a "PUZZY FREE ZONE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator