SOURCE: Reiterates UF is NOT firing Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
These last two games have absolutely no bearing on CDM’s future. The decision has been made already. We’ll just find out what that is after FSU.

Although, I would think if they are going to fire him they would have done so already. We should be looking for that Promethean-type coach and frankly there isn’t one out there this year. Not in my opinion at least. We are getting him for another year in hopes one of those Spurrier/Myer/Saban coaches emerge. I think even if he were to go 9-3 or even 10-2 next year he will probably still get fired, if we can land that big name.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Back to my point, if Mullen's job was possibly wavering due to these last two games, I can only assume Stricklin would be sending feelers to representatives of other coaches right now - it would be incredibly irresponsible not to, especially with all the other openings. I find it hard to believe he's done that and none of it has been leaked - this stuff always gets out.

Makes perfect sense if he’s not gonna be involved in the search.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
These last two games have absolutely no bearing on CDM’s future. The decision has been made already. We’ll just find out what that is after FSU.

Although, I would think if they are going to fire him they would have done so already. We should be looking for that Promethean-type coach and frankly there isn’t one out there this year. Not in my opinion at least. We are getting him for another year in hopes one of those Spurrier/Myer/Saban coaches emerge. I think even if he were to go 9-3 or even 10-2 next year he will probably still get fired, if we can land that big name.

I find it hard to believe that if one or even both games turn into a disaster or major success wouldn’t have an effect once the boosters and major donors get there 2 cents in the AD’s ear. Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t help but think money is at the root of which way this goes.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Cousin Eddie????? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
https://archive.org/download/neil-rogers-show-soundboard/Hank-laughing.mp3

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Three. They crap and pee a lot. I mean, a lot. If I don’t change the litter every three days, they start crapping on the floor. I hate toting 40-pound boxes, so I order in bulk. I’m maintaining a mini cat litter warehouse in my garage.
Good Lord man, after all this time you haven't bought a Litter Robot? I bought one almost ten years ago and haven't scooped a single time since. You would also save at least 50% of that litter, so it pays for itself.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Makes perfect sense if he’s not gonna be involved in the search.
So when do you think they plan on firing Stricklin? After all the good coaches have moved on to their new schools?

If we want a new coach in 2022, the search has to start NOW. I don't think anyone has started anything.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Back to my point, if Mullen's job was possibly wavering due to these last two games, I can only assume Stricklin would be sending feelers to representatives of other coaches right now - it would be incredibly irresponsible not to, especially with all the other openings. I find it hard to believe he's done that and none of it has been leaked - this stuff always gets out.
But there has been stuff leaked out. There was a rumor that the money has been raised to pay the buyout.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

Coaches don't just appear in a year. We had a 4 year sample to see that Urban was special. The only coach out there right now that is showing that type of upside would be Fickle and what he's done at Cincinnati. You have to go now before schools lock in coaches like Kiffen, Cristobal, Fickle, ect with high buyouts.

Waiting a year is pointless imo it will only further hurt us cause our recruiting will suffer even more. This year is toast already and if he stays on the hot seat next year it will kill that class as well and that's on top of the pathetic 4 classes he's already brought in. It needs to be done now

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches don't just appear in a year. We had a 4 year sample to see that Urban was special. The only coach out there right now that is showing that type of upside would be Fickle and what he's done at Cincinnati. You have to go now before schools lock in coaches like Kiffen, Cristobal, Fickle, ect with high buyouts.

Waiting a year is pointless imo it will only further hurt us cause our recruiting will suffer even more. This year is toast already and if he stays on the hot seat next year it will kill that class as well and that's on top of the pathetic 4 classes he's already brought in. It needs to be done now
Fickle is garbage. Straight garbage. Nearly lost to Tulsa, Tulane, Navy. Total garbage with a puff schedule in a shtty conference.

Id rather use a interim or let Dan lose most of Sep and start a search next October.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
If by some miracle they pull out a win in the next 2 games his ass is still gone. There's a multitude of reasons to look at this situation and believe he's gone. The only reason why anyone would suspect he isn't gone is because it hasn't happened yet. And the only word out of the AD office is if he's being let go it isn't happening til after the season. Just because he isn't publicly fired yet doesn't mean they haven't been talking to other coaches for weeks.

If there was the slightest chance he was coming back they wouldn't let this black cloud hang over the program like they have the past month. Mullen is a shyt recruiter to begin with and the higher ups not at least giving him a half ass vote of confidence to help somewhat hold this shyt recruiting class together speaks volumes. They don't wanna look like liars at the end of the season so that's why their silent.

I'd be willing to bet anything everyone that should know does know his ass is gone and the new coach is already lined up. Also willing to bet that new coach is Lane Kiffen. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But there has been stuff leaked out. There was a rumor that the money has been raised to pay the buyout.
Even if that's true, those idiots don't make the coaching decisions.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So when do you think they plan on firing Stricklin? After all the good coaches have moved on to their new schools?

If we want a new coach in 2022, the search has to start NOW. I don't think anyone has started anything.

Maybe he’s already been told he was being let go, he’s been off the radar for awhile now. I just know Mullen won’t be on the UF sidelines in ‘22.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If by some miracle they pull out a win in the next 2 games his ass is still gone. There's a multitude of reasons to look at this situation and believe he's gone. The only reason why anyone would suspect he isn't gone is because it hasn't happened yet. And the only word out of the AD office is if he's being let go it isn't happening til after the season. Just because he isn't publicly fired yet doesn't mean they haven't been talking to other coaches for weeks.

If there was the slightest chance he was coming back they wouldn't let this black cloud hang over the program like they have the past month. Mullen is a shyt recruiter to begin with and the higher ups not at least giving him a half ass vote of confidence to help somewhat hold this shyt recruiting class together speaks volumes. They don't wanna look like liars at the end of the season so that's why their silent.

I'd be willing to bet anything everyone that should know does know his ass is gone and the new coach is already lined up. Also willing to bet that new coach is Lane Kiffen. :lol:
Wow, what a fantasy. One of the best wishful-thinking posts I have ever seen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm betting he's gone and you've obviously gone all in on him coming back. So what's the bet sweetheart?

Look, it's obvious at this point that Mullen isn't going anywhere. I actually wouldn't be all that surprised to hear we changed course and will be bringing Todd and Hev back as well.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Look, it's obvious at this point that Mullen isn't going anywhere. I actually wouldn't be all that surprised to hear we changed course and will be bringing Todd and Hev back as well.

I know, he wasn't fired last week so that obviously means he'll never ever be fired and will be here until he dies or quits.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ah yes, the straw man arguments now coming out. Every day that goes by with no action is another day he's still our coach. And some of you are starting to get nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator